#Catch-Gamer

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

iler wrote:That calcpings method as used value 2 can cause some fake values when playing on foreign servers because it takes the minimum ping that has been replied in one second. So the real case could be and is worse because normally there are some gaps between the values exspecially when playing on foreign servers when the number of crucial knots in datacommunication is increased. But when you are playing on a server that is located in the same country that you live in there isn't this problem. I give you an example. Everyone who knows Herty{UNi} knows that he has got ping like 90-150 regardless on what server he is playing on. Well he had ping 40 according to this calcpings method value 2 but he claimed it still felt like playing with ping 150 and I bet that he knows kinda good how it feels like playing with ping 150. So I think there is also this flaw side on all servers that use this calcpings 2, because it can cause fakepings for foreigners. And most times it does this trick.

Finally these are only speculations that I have noticed with my clan mates. And yes Catch is way better server than TnX. But you ppl (all, finns, swedes, norweigian, danish, dutch, etc.) should still concider this thing because you can really lag though the ping says something else. Think about this.
I experience the exact same lag on boomtown now when I have 20 as when I had 55 ping, so I still ain't sold on this new thing, I just think it's dumb and confusing.
fell in love with the game
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Ping is only a number.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

of course Devirus. Difference betwen 15ms and 80ms is equal NULL

if you believe in Santa! Its easy to say isn it? foolsih
^stric^
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

/me hopes santa will bring Unci a nice ping :hop:

Go and watch under the christmastree tomorrow, gl! ;)
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

iler wrote:
Alien wrote:I can't understand why there is that R1Q2 thing. It just gives fake pings, I have 55-60 there (I bet it aint fake) but like others in our clan have something like 25-35 and it feels like ping 50-70 like they said.
Clown wrote:Ping it from a DOS box. The 'new' pings are proably more similar to those results than what they used to be, therefore giving a more accurate representation of your latency to the server.
That calcpings method as used value 2 can cause some fake values when playing on foreign servers because it takes the minimum ping that has been replied in one second. So the real case could be and is worse because normally there are some gaps between the values exspecially when playing on foreign servers when the number of crucial knots in datacommunication is increased. But when you are playing on a server that is located in the same country that you live in there isn't this problem. I give you an example. Everyone who knows Herty{UNi} knows that he has got ping like 90-150 regardless on what server he is playing on. Well he had ping 40 according to this calcpings method value 2 but he claimed it still felt like playing with ping 150 and I bet that he knows kinda good how it feels like playing with ping 150. So I think there is also this flaw side on all servers that use this calcpings 2, because it can cause fakepings for foreigners. And most times it does this trick.

Finally these are only speculations that I have noticed with my clan mates. And yes Catch is way better server than TnX. But you ppl (all, finns, swedes, norweigian, danish, dutch, etc.) should still concider this thing because you can really lag though the ping says something else. Think about this.
`

So right, ive said something simular in another topic. If your netgraph looks like the atlantic ocean with waves from 5m.. still your ping is 30, another example.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

that 2nd method doesn't look too good, imo. it's telling us the best thing there's been, but not what's mostly going on. i prefer the normal thing, because it doesn't "lie"
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Devirus wrote:Ping is only a number.
Timing is everything ;)
I like to play games, not watch them
blissard
tried to put the pin back in

Post by blissard »

nufan, flunx.. is ctf installed? c'mon guys, you know you love it!
hehehHEheheHheh GOGOGO Head shot !
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I think we need R1CH here to explain calcpings_method 2.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
iler
special poika polizai

Post by iler »

angra it's just the way I explained it. I just discussed with R1CH yesterday and he admitted that it can be inaccurate when playing on foreign servers but it's accurate when playing on local servers.
paino on voimaa, ylipaino on ylivoimaa BD http://www.clanunited.org
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

On servers where you have a lowping with method 1, you'll get a more accurate ping.. but if you have a highping your ping wont be more accurate
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

13:33:33 ‹R1CH› both have their advantages and disadvantages
13:33:41 ‹R1CH› calcpings 0 is the only true one :)
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
noVa
plummets to its death

Post by noVa »

Alright. Changed sv_calcpings_method to 1.

Hope you foreigners are happy now :)
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Flunx :hail:
TotteN
sank like a rock
In-game Name: TotteN
Operating System: win 7
Memory: 8GB
Hard drive: 3TB
Graphics card: ATI HD 7000
Monitor: 2
Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder

eiii

Post by TotteN »

ello everybody...

i dont know whats wrong.. i dont have any pl and shit on this server, but i realy cant hit shit with my ssg ..
am i alone with this prb?..
alla smälter till honung för papp,charmörenas konung strandens romeo.stringtrosorna landar i sanden när totte springer på stranden playans don juan