NoCheat 2.32

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

heh why is item timing cheating?

if you can hear someone take the armor, you should count for when the armour will come back?
I don't give a shit.
MysteryMan
plummets to its death

Post by MysteryMan »

Kurupt wrote: We, the players, can never figure out someone is cheating or not, only the admins if they are around.

True yes, but if people play cw's on the BoomTown CW servers, as soon as they are fixed :S, admins will drop in in a cw do check all the players. If you play cw's at night there usually is an admin around which will drop by. I did that the last 2 days, and together with morpher, we caught 3 people trying to cheat while playing a cw.

I just hope franck doesn't help in the next version of nocheat just to hack it easier.... but i guess we will find that out in a matter of days/weeks, depending on the release of the next version.

Ofcourse you can always drop by in admin.dk if you wanna have all players checked before u start the cw. Im sure there will be an admin present to help you out there.

Greetingz MysteryMan
Baksut
is connecting

Post by Baksut »

A lot good will it do to have a gazillion guys working on an anticheat software, when it takes only one evil nerd to hack it.. Sad... but true.

Doesn't makes much difference to me whether the guy i'm watching has the Super Nocheat 5.55 or the original Quake2.exe.

I don't know much about no anticheat-systems, but I would have much for faith for one that is both client and server side and prevents players with any error from playing. ( Which some of them are(?), but have not been set so ( atleast on Finnish servers ) due to missing linux support or other crap )
If you don't know me - Don't judge me
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

when will they release the next version of NCserver?
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Snipa
is connecting

Post by Snipa »

Some things to mention:

Hackers usually hack to get attention. Frank proved to be better than the nocheat team by hacking these clients. But now, he is on the other side. He has to show skills in coding a version which can't be hacked. Otherwise he would fail, and that would destroy his reputation. So, i appreciate his help.

Another thingy with the nocheat-client: some players can't use it, cause of the Cant fall back to software modus-fault, or so....

Afaik Da'Juan and SeeTro arent able to start q2 proper with 2.32, a reason too, why some dont use this client.

Then grats to myst. Now just some admins of our servers (or simply DA Main) need to know the method to detect cheaters. I've been playing now for more than 3 years, but the last weeks, it's been a curse. It takes all the fun of the game, and i know of many people, including me, who really think bout stop playing AQ, cos of the great number of cheaters....
Stim
sank like a rock

Post by Stim »

Snipa wrote:It takes all the fun of the game, and i know of many people, including me, who really think bout stop playing AQ, cos of the great number of cheaters....

Beat the cheats, dont let them spoil your game - spoil theirs by winning :p