WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I don' think you got my point Dani.

For the first point, I said that fins probably enjoy a game versus a finnish opponent on a finnish server more, than a game versus a nonfinnish opponent on a nonfinnish server(1 map). People will obviously choose the place where the lowest ping is, since that obviously will be the funniest game (not stating that it IS like that.) Now, the problem is that out in Europe there is no such versatility, at least not that big. If you want to face some different opponents than the regular own and ur, just to mention your examples, you need to go abroad. Fins don't need to go abroad for a quite new clan that they haven't faced in a while.

That is ONE of the factors.

The second one is in the second thing I said. It seems like I need to quote myself.
Another problem is that most people from here has a quite twisted picture of europeans. The larger clans are really nice people to play with and against, but the smaller (no offense to the smaller clans, but it's mostly small clans that complain and spam) ones aren't. I guess most clans have played both "lame" clans and "better" clans, but the human mind is most likely to remember the bad things. Which makes us think that playing europeans suck.

See, I said that there are nice european clans, such as c0w, own and ur. But they get pressed down by the "lame" clans. In the end people will think of europeans as lame. For an example, most people think USA must be the sickest country out there, their government makes war to everyone and so forth. Though, there are still good american people. And most americans are nice people. But the few ones that ain't brings the whole reputation down.

Note that I am not trying to excuse us for not playing you, I'm just trying to give reasons why most fins don't. I'd love to have a game against for example c0w, but my clanmates don't agree with me. So why don't they? That's what I've tried to explain.
fell in love with the game
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

just play the F#$#$& game like a normal person, Finnish or not, we all have to get along with eachother somehow..

It's just a game for crying out loud, and games are supposed to be fun.

What are you trying to gain anyways with those comments.. this is not politics.. it's a simple, strategic killing game. don't make it any more difficult than it already is or I'll be confused even more :roll:
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

And this discussion ain't helpin out on that point so I suggest that we close this thread and leave the oh-so-wonderful point of endless discussion.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

*burp*
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

AssKick3r wrote:*burp*
hear hear
nine
sank like a rock

Post by nine »

lol DaNii :P
sug balle
Mate^
is connecting

Post by Mate^ »

nobody is perfect
Trust the force
Hawaii
blew up

Post by Hawaii »

True but still kinda lame the fins only play other fins ( most fins )
Mario pwns yo ass so dont fuck with this guy!!!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Every country had the same prob :) dutchies only played vs dutchies, germans vs germans etc. Finnish ppl are stuck in time :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hawaii
blew up

Post by Hawaii »

Den wrote:Every country had the same prob :) dutchies only played vs dutchies, germans vs germans etc. Finnish ppl are stuck in time :)

had... but i guess most countrys solved there problems and finnish ppl are just lame ( not all)
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

had... but i guess most countrys solved there problems and finnish ppl are just lame ( not all)

Hint: There might be better ways to make them play you than to tell them that they are idiots.

Now shut this thread down admins will ya?
Hawaii
blew up

Post by Hawaii »

Better ways you said ?

Like what ? begging?? and besided, you saw how dani get treated when he just looked in the channel... they are whining @ you when you arent even looking 4 a CW
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

omg nice way to make friends ay :)

Like what ? begging?? and besided, you saw how dani get treated when he just looked in the channel... they are whining @ you when you arent even looking 4 a CW

Mayby they had some other reasons? Who knows.. Its not like the Finnish ppl are the only one who are whining, i can easily point some fingers :D
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hawaii
blew up

Post by Hawaii »

so can i
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

weeee!

/me points finger ! :drunk: