.fi only!?!?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

You, being a part of the non-swedish aq2 community is discluded from that channel. If you really want the same explanation of why a fifth time, PM me.
fell in love with the game
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

I did not ask anyone for an explanation. I already read enough "explanations".

But, have a read, again:
Haudrauf wrote:After some DK actionquakers made the nice denmark aq2 channel, namely #aq2.dk, some sweden guys made a channel too:

But, obviously they are following the same policy like the finnish guys:

--- Cannot join #aq2sweden (You are banned).

At least I can now visit the SoV and GOM (and more) style guys from .dk:

#aq2.dk
The main statements were like:
- #aq2.dk opened (Hurray Denmark!)
- #aq2sweden uses the same policy like #aq2suomi (No hurray for Sweden.)

And of course you know what it means to have an opinion. My opinion is in the brackets above.
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

respect our privacy! or get a bouncer :\
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

Again one, we played vs :OwN: pretty good game 1 edome 1 boomtown

well first we played our map in eDome, jungle1, 22-6 (i remembered it was 22-8 in their map).
And then we switched server to boomtown (argh), my ping was over 80 which is seldom to me in boomtown, normally i have 40-50, well, the game was 19-8 to them, i thought it was only 3 points to them to get a tie, so last minute i went and played very slowly (they said i camped, which is pretty much true) and we won the match +3, (i thought we won it +1)
And they flooded "loosers" and "noobs" and stuff like that after the match,
GG.

.fi only plz.
Last edited by Royal^ on Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

so what your saying is that fins dont whine about Camping etc ? You never played Apprime i see. They kick-baned us from their channel when one of our guys played defensive against 4 of them...

non .fi only plz
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

In my opinion OwN today isn't even remotely like what OwN used to be attitude-wise.
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Jazzie wrote:In my opinion OwN today isn't even remotely like what OwN used to be attitude-wise.
Word!
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

agreed jazzie.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

Flunx wrote:When the difference in ping is that low you can't complain.
You can easily adjust from 25-30 to 45-50.
You mean from 10-20 to 80-90?
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Royal^ wrote:And then we switched server to boomtown (argh), my ping was over 80 which is seldom to me in boomtown, normally i have 40-50
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

well first we played our map in eDome, jungle1, 22-6 (i remembered it was 22-8 in their map).
And then we switched server to boomtown (argh), my ping was over 80 which is seldom to me in boomtown, normally i have 40-50, well, the game was 19-8 to them, i thought it was only 3 points to them to get a tie, so last minute i went and played very slowly (they said i camper, which is pretty muck true) and we won the match +3, (i thought we won it +1)
I would have done the same thing, maby not camp but play slower :)
OwN would have done it to i think.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

lol, why to take a "train-, fun-, offical-"cw so serious? i think theres a different to a important leaguegame in a scene where everyone says he plays this game for fun.
lots of ppl think they have to camp cause they ping 40ms more.
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Sigh. According to the info you're giving us OwN didn't loose that game in the last few rounds on aqnitro, they lost by being overrun on jungle1.

And blaming a loss on the opponents camping/luck/cheats etc., is most definitely just a sign of frustration.

edit: Losing is not my definition of fun, so I'd rather use a defensive strategy and win, than keep on playing 'funny' and lose. (this might not apply in all cases.)
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

My Quote was not the best i meant that if i was in the lead and it's like 1 minute left i want rush my ass of to get 1 more round but i will not camp just play abit slower :) . It's more fun to win a cw then to lose?
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

Jazzie wrote:Sigh. According to the info you're giving us OwN didn't loose that game in the last few rounds on aqnitro, they lost by being overrun on jungle1.

And blaming a loss on the opponents camping/luck/cheats etc., is most definitely just a sign of frustration.

edit: Losing is not my definition of fun, so I'd rather use a defensive strategy and win, than keep on playing 'funny' and lose. (this might not apply in all cases.)
Yeap, I know what you mean, that was just why we wanted to play jungle1 first, coz its very fun to camp when u're winning.
And in few matches enemies has crushed us in their map in their server..