was flattened

Post by ganjaman »

upload in stead of making us horny
neeger
is connecting

Help with Paks

Post by neeger »

elou @ll

i have one question i must download the files and the i must do it in the pak0.pak ??

or in pak1.pak ?

pls help mee!

GRRREEEZZZEEEE [A.K.C]n33g3r

alias pG^Madness[/b]
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Re: Help with Paks

Post by n99 »

neeger wrote:elou @ll

i have one question i must download the files and the i must do it in the pak0.pak ??

or in pak1.pak ?

pls help mee!

GRRREEEZZZEEEE [A.K.C]n33g3r

alias pG^Madness[/b]
Hello, in this case, you only download one file, the pak u want to have. A pak is basically an archive with files in it. Quake looks for the files needed in all your paks, starting from pak0.pak to pakXX.pak, where XX is the highest value of all the paks in that folder (in this case, 'action'). If it finds a file in pak0.pak and later finds a file with the same name in, let's say, pak5.pak, it will use the latter file.

So what you can do is, you download a pak, give it the higher number than the highest number already there, and play. Afterwards, you decide what you like and what not. For instance, say you only like the crosshairs and the sniper rifle sound. You can then go into the pak using software like pakexplorer. The you can delete all the files except those you like, and voila, your making your own pak out of bits and pieces of other paks.

I don't know, I felt a bit clumsy explaining this to you, since I'm a bit tired at the moment. I hope it is of some help, if not, ask away...
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
neeger
is connecting

create own pak!

Post by neeger »

Thx That helps me a lot but one problem!

i have create my own one but in quake it doesnt functon is black and mynz letters and nummers. and i dont see my grafic ....

i must save it in *.pcx but with wich resolution???
mxr
plummets to its death

Post by mxr »

what did you created your own? console background?
just take the original and compare the size with the new one, and change

-nothing is harder than you make it to be :sleep: