NAQL - eDome edition

Forum of the Nordic ActionQuake League.

Moderators: arild, Zonic, Moderators

imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Morpher wrote:Every previous NAQL tournament, has been played on two servers per match if no fair server was availeble. It's not like it has been played at just i.e. TNX or the like. You Finns have always had the chance of playing your own map at eDome or any other .fi server.
Okay, sorry for my ignorance. :< I got pissed off 'cause of this whining. Like arild said, you'll have your tournament if this works well, and I think it will.

I just don't see any reason for whining because most non-fin/swe who come to ask for a match are willing to play both maps on eDome, but guess that it gets more important on a tournament, I play those matches just like any other ones :P Anyway, gl to all the clans taking part, and try to be patient, the ones not happy of this eDome-only thing.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

imeiz wrote:I just don't see any reason for whining because most non-fin/swe who come to ask for a match are willing to play both maps on eDome
What the fuck? We're not WILLING to play both maps on eDome. We are required to, or we won't get a match. That's how it works.
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

4 clans signed up? Geez, seems like we have to wait a while. Cmon people, sign up :o
Gotta knock a little harder...
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

arild \ zonic. CANT YOU UNDERSTAND ? your ruling out alot of clans (not as many as there in in finland but most of the sca. clans) by doing this ? Can't you bend in for us ? Be a little willing ? Give it a 1 bt 1 edome ? or something. let the clans decide on the server ? Is this to hard ? seriously ? i've never seen a cw being hard to arrange due to server issues ? if a bt is taken, so what. lets play 2 x edome, cuz its free. but if there is a possiblity to play 1 bt 1 edome, do it.

Please. Try to understand ... ? lets just make it for everyone ? :)
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Morpher wrote:What the f#ck? We're not WILLING to play both maps on eDome. We are required to, or we won't get a match. That's how it works.
mostly i get "we can play both @ edome" before i ask about anything.. but that doesn't mean it's how everyone does it.. i hate the thing that the only way to really see who's hot and who's not, is a big lantournament, but those things are one of the best ones there is..
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

we understand emu. And we knew some people would react like this. But we wont change that rule as it looks now.

But the fact is, changing it to a 2 server match wont make this tournament run as smooth as we want too no matter what you say. This is like the fifth NAQL we are arranging and we have allways had trouble with it. And since its supposed to be a small and fast tournament we choosed this option.

Our timing is a bit bad though. EAQL is soon over and the only cup except this one is Autumn Cup '04 which is basically held at eDome.

-Arild
Hapid00!!

Post by Guest »

Morpher wrote:
imeiz wrote:I just don't see any reason for whining because most non-fin/swe who come to ask for a match are willing to play both maps on eDome
What the f#ck? We're not WILLING to play both maps on eDome. We are required to, or we won't get a match. That's how it works.
Really Morpher, is it really always that way? I see you are generalizing a lot AGAIN. That's just bulls#it that you don't get a match if you don't agree playing both on eDome. Things are getting way too serious on this damn server issue. Chill man :D And don't try to flame me here, it's useless.
iler
special poika polizai

Post by iler »

Gah, damn system just ignored my login so that text was written as Guest. Sorry for that.
paino on voimaa, ylipaino on ylivoimaa BD http://www.clanunited.org
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Anonymous wrote:
Morpher wrote:
What the f#ck? We're not WILLING to play both maps on eDome. We are required to, or we won't get a match. That's how it works.
Really Morpher, is it really always that way? I see you are generalizing a lot AGAIN. That's just bulls#it that you don't get a match if you don't agree playing both on eDome. Things are getting way too serious on this damn server issue. Chill man :D And don't try to flame me here, it's useless.
easy for you to say iler pro edome.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I know it's called NAQL etc, but if danish clans can participate (I don't mean this eDome edition, but just NAQL) then u could let the other 5 non-scandinavian clans participate (or how many active non-scandinavian clans is there). We/they r used to play our homemap at BT anyway.
It's just that u've probably had this league just for scandinavia when the scene was a bit larger, right?

GL with this one and it's probably gonna be 90% finnish clans participating :roll:
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

It really is iler. I'd say that it's maybe 1 in 5 of the Finnish clans we ask that agree to play one map on BoomTown.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Let's all play on tyldum. We've all got the same ping there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEHEHHEHEHEHH
I like to play games, not watch them

Post by Guest »

I was thinking the same thing flunx :(
and I bet that tyldis can even provide a rcon...
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

AssKick3r wrote:I know it's called NAQL etc, but if danish clans can participate (I don't mean this eDome edition, but just NAQL) then u could let the other 5 non-scandinavian clans participate (or how many active non-scandinavian clans is there). We/they r used to play our homemap at BT anyway.
It's just that u've probably had this league just for scandinavia when the scene was a bit larger, right?

GL with this one and it's probably gonna be 90% finnish clans participating :roll:
Please read the rules

-Arild
Hapid00!!
iler
special poika polizai

Post by iler »

emu wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Morpher wrote: What the f#ck? We're not WILLING to play both maps on eDome. We are required to, or we won't get a match. That's how it works.
easy for you to say iler pro edome.
How is it easier for me? We always play 1 each and recently when some of the swedes have got better pings on playtrix than on eDome we have played our map on playtrix couple of times. So where is the easy part emu? This was so great reply emu, really :sleep:

And Morpher 1 out of 5 isn't 0 :wink:
paino on voimaa, ylipaino on ylivoimaa BD http://www.clanunited.org