Suggestions on a transfer market system

Let us know your suggestions and comments and we will look at it.

Moderator: Moderators

Span
sank like a rock

Suggestions on a transfer market system

Post by Span »

After reading the latest news thread on www.aq2world.com on the latest happenings on the european transfer market, I started thinking a little about it.

How about making the aq2world.com playerbase the platform on which transfers are made? It would require almost no work in administration once the system is running if the clans themselves would be responsible for making the transfers 'valid'. F.ex. whenever a player changes clan in the aq2 database, it would appear on the transfer market on the portal for a given amount of time.

There are, I realize, some slight disadvantages in this approach to a 'transfer market' over an editor-approach. If clans aren't actively using the portal to make the transfers, the database wouldn't be updated and the system would be pretty much redundant. In an effort to combat such an event happening, you could try to co-ordinate with tournament admins so to make the current playerlist for a clan on the aq2world.com webportal the valid playerlist on which a clan can enter a tournament. This could also save the tournament admins some work. An even better solution would, of course, be to make the current playerlist the only valid in which clans would play CWs, allthough I doubt to what extent that could've been successfully managed.

This could be one step further in an effort to organize the community and I also believe it would add another level of 'legitimacy' to the portal allthough it's certainly legit enough as it is.

Well, anyhow, just an idea :D
"fifan va lätt!"
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

good idea :)
When the dove came..
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

I was thinking of something similar, you probably read my comment. I think however, it would be good to enforce clans to be registered with aq2world before they can join events. Then, a clanleader or multiple leaders have to be selected. The leaders are responsible for updating the rosters, from then on, same system as you are using.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

More work for Hawk!
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »