Question considering NAQL

Forum of the Nordic ActionQuake League.

Moderators: arild, Zonic, Moderators

DaNi
is legless

Question considering NAQL

Post by DaNi »

First of all, lets state that this topic is not ment to flame the NAQL nor the admins, but merely an attempt for a fair treatment.

Exactly a week ago we had to play 3 NAQL matches, after winning our cw vs RAW the week before. We had to play vs iN at 19:00, vs j at 20:00 and at 21:00 vs allbad.clan. Because of irl issues we are all kinda busy on Monday evenings, so we were already happy we could play the first cw vs iN, which we luckily won with 16-13.

After our game against iN both zard0x and nazu had to leave, so we were only three players this time at 20:00. Because there was no way we could get a fourth player j won this game on w.o.

The third match of the day, and last one of the group stage, was at 21:00 against allbad.clan. Zard0x left his football praccy earlier so he could be there on time. Unfortunately he noticed his computer failed to start up anymore, so he had to play on his brothers’ computer, which is Fre^ak or however his nick is. After whining his brother for a while he could play there but his aq2 didn’t have the map Cemal. Anyway, this meant he was delayed for some minutes, while we (3 players of [e], 4 of allbad.clan and Arild as admin) were waiting on the server. At 21:10 zard0x still wasn’t on the server so Arild decided to leave and give allbad.clan the w.o. One minute later zard0x joined the server, but there was no way Arild was gonna come back and admin the match.

Looking at this Arild did everything fine, maybe a bit harsh, but hey... He followed the rules correctly which means we had 2 w.o’s and according to the rules this means we are kicked out of the league, even though we finished third in our group with these 2 wo’s.

On the other hand, there are some questions coming up tho… Messaging the head admins didn’t really seem to work (ignore), so we’ll try it this way then…

1) Was it really such a big problem to start 21:10? For other matches like for example iN vs j (http://www.clanbase.com/news_league.php ... 9&lid=1707) it was suddenly no problem. Let me quote the report “So after waiting for iN for like 20-30 minutes we whined about 15 mins on poor [NAQL]Zonic and then we managed to get a server and we were on our way!”. Both all.badclan and us were waiting on the server ready and willing to play… only Arild left the server.

2) I can imagine Arild had to admin some match at 21:30 for example, but why couldn’t we play without admin then? For example, c vs D (http://www.clanbase.com/news_league.php ... 8&lid=1707) was also played without any admin around. Saying aka (a NAQL admin) was there is no reason, cuz Da^JuaN was playing for allbad.clan. Also there were three Boomtown servers (2 reserved for NAQL, 1 free) so there was no problem to play there.

3) Why weren’t we allowed to play in the NAQL with Dizzy? Because we got a small team and we had a hard time playing on Mondays we recruited a new player. After a million invitations in our team on the CB page, he still didn’t get his email. Also after consulting the admins they said it was his own problem and that the mail was probably in his spam box. The result? Dizzy couldn’t be on our playerlist so he was excluded of the NAQL. But why was iN for example allowed to play their matches with Frede and raiden?

4) Why is RAW still in while they also had 2 wo’s? The didn’t show up against both j and iN. They weren’t even around the whole day. For them it’s suddenly no problem to have 2 wo’s, but we are kicked out immediately.

5) And the last and maybe most important point. What’s actually the intention of the whole “2 wo’s = kick” rule. It’s about a league with pre-determined dates / times, where the clans got nothing to do with. What does it matter if we reach the next round with 2 wo’s. I can imagine the whole idea of this rule is to get rid of the inactive clans who don’t care about the whole league, while we did everything we could to play in it. And we aren’t really inactive either…

Anyway, we just want to know why others did get another treatment and we didn’t. Are you just following the rules when it’s about someone u don’t like or is there another logical explanation. We became third in our group and deserve to go on to the next round…
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

That sucks, really.

Admins should reconsider their behavior in such matters.
When the dove came..
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Lets clear something about match against allbad.clan aka Clan.Knight... At the time when we should start the cw only 3 players of [e] were on the server. Everything was quiet. At 21:02 Arild gave u 5min to get a player. You or I should say Kurupt said he`s connecting (Arild check and no one did) :shock: after 5min later at 21:07 kuwu said he`s downoading the map... And some realy did download the map. :? At 21:10 still same old picture. Waiting.... :sleep: 10minutes later after Arild gave u5min we were still waiting.... :sleep: At 21:15 Arild decided to leave. Around 21:20 or 21:22 their men has shown up. :shocker: It was funny because in 2 or 3 minutes two ppl of [e] joined the server. And now tell me why all these lies about downloading the map etc? He`s till on 33600 modem or what to download map since 21:07 till 21:20 ? Gimme a break. O_o
^stric^
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

I don't know what you are trying to achieve here Uncle, but you obviously didn't read DaNi's post or you are just doing everything to not understand it. And besides you obviously mix some things up.

First of all we were talking with zard0x on IRC. He said he was coming when the time was around 21:05 (changing to his brothers computer etc) so I said "he should be connecting now". And we weren't all quiet, we were talking with Arild mm2. Then he found out he didn't have the map, so he disconnected to download it from a map downloading place. Because he didn't have any links he had to wait for one of us to give it to him. When he thought he unzipped it something obviously went wrong cuz he still couldn't load the map (we ain't all computer experts u know)... I think he joined one minute after Arild left the server, and I really doubt it was around the times you tell us here.

That DaNi joined the server a minute later as well got nothing to do with it. He just got home from the gym, but he failed to come on time cuz of the traffic. Anyway, I don't think this is any important and I completely miss the point of your post... According to the rules we were too late so you got your wo.
Last edited by Kurupt on Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

iN > [e]

;)
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Is it still possible to play the games?
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Arild proposed us to play vs allbad.clan at 22:00 that monday, but according to them this wasn't possible because they would be missing their best players then.

And besides, we still would love to play one of those matches. It wouldn't even matter wether we win or lose to go on to the next round, which just proofs how silly this is...

EDIT: Yea you do NuFan :( If they also kick RAW cuz of 2 wo's now iN will proceed to the next round while they lost all their matches in the groupstage. Would be kinda hilarious.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Kurupt wrote:Arild proposed us to play vs allbad.clan at 22:00 that monday, but according to them this wasn't possible because they would be missing their best players then.
it was more like we didnt even had 4 players 22:00 ;)
Zonic
was flattened

Re: Question considering NAQL

Post by Zonic »

DaNi wrote:alot
1. Arild didn't bend the rules like I did. I was the one who made a mistake when I let those two clans play.
2. In the game between clutch-Darkside both clans were on time but the matchadmin wasn't. So I stepped in and started the game but I told them they could finalize it without any admin because I had to leave.
3. You should have talked to me about this issue.
4. Reload, one of the match-admins, said that iN came to Clan-RAWs IRC channel and told them that they got walkover.
5. The rule is like you said to get rid of inactive clans.

I'm sorry it turned out this way, but it's your own fault that you didn't follow the rules.
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

angra wrote:Is it still possible to play the games?
No
Misse
sank like a rock

kass

Post by Misse »

I think this is a clear violation of secion 14 § 91. Let [e] back in instead of the lamers like RAW who didnt even show up at all that monday, or sry m0rg was there to say that they gave WO's to everyone cuz RAW lost their first match and thought they had no chance of going to playoff, wtf man? [e] is a better and a more nice clan than RAW anyhow, so why not let them in again? It's just plain stupid letting RAW go on with all facts at hand, I mean, [e] at least had a few players and really TRIED to get a full team, RAW just didnt give a damn about it. but im just a :pork:
legalisera mera<br />
and yes im gangsta.
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

what? is RAW insted of [e] ? errr
we gave a wo to RAW since we didn't care to play anymore...
mainly becouse BT sucked ass then to us norwegian and we didn't have a chance to get to the playoffs..

(I don't even think RAW had players against us...and they got one against [j] also? that's two aswell imo :P )

[e] = third
raw= fourth
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

iN = fifth

:hop:
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

I can see why DaNi posts this, because they are the team thats suppose to be the 3rd place holders and advace from that group. As misse said, they TRIED to get players. they had 3 all along. what does it matter if 1 of them that was online came and said "o we are so sorry, we give u walk over!!" Its still the same Zonic. Walkover is a walkover.

Second of all. Our match kfl vs M.I, M.I played with rulf. I commented on it (not very serious about it, but i just commented on it cuz im lame) ANYWAYS, Zonic replayed by telling me that i shouldn't be so childish or something like that and type ready. Clearly zonic didn't give a shit about this rule. Funny thing that when its suddenly [e] the rule counts. I know of 1 more time when a clan played with a player that wasn't added to the site. No problem that time either.

Yet again something pisseh happens to NAQL, and im frankly not surprised either.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

And i guess everyone here knows that [e] is a clan that could easily take a medalspot in this Tourney. And yea.. I wanna quote Kurupt also.
And besides, we still would love to play one of those matches. It wouldn't even matter wether we win or lose to go on to the next round, which just proofs how silly this is...
I dunno what more to say.. Maybe something like "Make rules that are there to prevent chaos, not to make weird things happen"