Question considering NAQL

Forum of the Nordic ActionQuake League.

Moderators: arild, Zonic, Moderators

Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I still have your login somewhere emu.

also, I'd say that exatcy should face raw in a final decisive game.
fell in love with the game
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

That Knight:[e] match was really a bl :?
We just couldn't have made it possible to play the match. First u didn't have enough players, then we didn't..
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Time for me to post here. I can only give you my point of view.

1. You were late. I left the server 21:15 and your player showed up one min later. Even though he showed up he was late by 10 mins.
2. Maybe you mentioned it to me at the server that his computer didnt work. But atleast I didnt notice it and I didnt know, anyhow, i woudnt have made an exception due to that. Since all players should be availible in #naql 10 mins before the starting time. Which would have gave him more time to solve his problem.
3. Yes, we have made exceptions for almost every clan in the tournament about adding players, since many claimed the email system and signup process was slow. Which indeed is true. However, I did not know you wanted Dizzy added to your clan. Maybe my mistake there. But no one mentioned it to me atleast.
4. I had no idea c and darkside had played without any admin, but as zonic mentioned, it was a admin fault and he allowed them to play anyways.
5. Bless you all

-Arild
Hapid00!!
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

still wierd that you let RAW play on in the tourney arild :E
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Indeed, don't accidently forget your 2 wo's = out rule here then. Both iN and RAW showed up with less than 4 players and let me quote the NAQL rules book, chapter 7, paragraph 1, line 1.

"Matches are played 4 on 4. Showing up with less than 4 players is equivalent to a no show and therefore a forfeit loss."

So, iN should be third then... oh, no wait... they lost all their games and would ALSO have 2 wo's when you followed the rules correctly (j vs iN anyone?) like you did on us...

I don't know then... quiet random.. right?

Anyway, just do whatever you think is fair and reasonable. The only things u guys can talk about are "your own fault u were too late" and "rules are rules!", while you just seem to make use of the rules when it suits you best...
Last edited by Kurupt on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

group A sucked! ;)
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

ARBITRARY.

Or no, could it be.. could it?! A CONSPIRACY!

Edit: Just to clear something up, my tone might be sarcastic but I'm completely SERIOUS. That is, I think Extacy has alot stronger case than that of the admins, which seem to apply the rules differently on different occassians.
Last edited by n99 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

hiRr
pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

I agree that [e] had some unfair treatment, maybe they should be given a chance to replay those "w.o" matches?

It's kind of lame if admin fucks something up and other clan gets some special treatment because of that.
›› pauhi ››
Spill the blood of the fucking lamb
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

If this is the case then I think they should get a second chance to play the 2 w.o matches.
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

n99 wrote:ARBITRARY.
Or no, could it be.. could it?! A CONSPIRACY!
hmm it smells like ... Bureaucracy.
pauhi wrote:I agree that [e] had some unfair treatment, maybe they should be given a chance to replay those "w.o" matches?
As long as other clan is not forced to play the match.
Misse
sank like a rock

arbitogaY

Post by Misse »

[e]'s reasons weighs alot heavier than the admins as people seem to realize. Face it , you messed up, give them a fair chance to go to playoffs or remove RAW and insert [e].
legalisera mera<br />
and yes im gangsta.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

To make something clear, the first three clans in the group proceed to the next round. We finished third already, we won 2 by playing and we lost 2 cuz of wo. We got kicked from our "next round position" because the 2 losses were wo's. So even if they give us the opportunity to replay one wo (which wouldn't make any sense imo) it wouldnt matter wether we win or lose it.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Trying to sum this up; iN gave up before anyone even thought of the fact that RAW didn't have enough players. Therefore, raw gets an automatic win, whereas they actually should have left an automatic walkover. This is why they are not disqualified.

So basically, RAW is allowed in the playoffs due to a glimpse in the rules.
As it is, neither RAW nor e should be allowed to play in the playoffs, and the place should go to iN. But iN has only losses so far so it would be strange if they got the place.

Conclusion:
Just let extacy play raw in a decisive game. It shouldn't be that much of a problem. And to me it seems like the most fair solution.
fell in love with the game
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

Clans should not rely on nor point out mistakes that has occured in other games