Question considering NAQL

Forum of the Nordic ActionQuake League.

Moderators: arild, Zonic, Moderators

Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

So do i, but obviously there is nothing we can do to make the admins change their mind.
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

Haha what a mess...

I kind of feel sorry for [e] about Dizzy not beeing able to play etc. etc... I remember when ppl talked about the last date of adding players, like same day the tourney began or something I saw some admin (Zonic) mention that he could still let players play if they contacted him at IRC before some certain time... and that was BEFORE the tourney started... I checked some playerslists and shit at the CB site then... Funny how a week later or so M.I had a lineup of several players not mentioned in their CB list from the beginning of the tourneydate, Rulf and Westelindh for example, Jason as well I think and probably some more :)... I wonder why the head admins had such an easy time having them play, hmm perhaps that 2 of the head admins play in M.I.... Not that it matter though, M.I still lost all their games :m00: ... it's just a matter of principles...

However, IF the rules are going to be followed correctly in other areas that W.O rule is to be enforced and both [e] and RAW have 2 W.Os (if I understood this right) iN should basiclly go to the playoffs even though they don't deserve it :D there have been enough "rule breaking"...

and the 2 W.O rule was kind of stupid from the beginning...
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

Endy don't sit up so freaking long, You get so emotional =)
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Heh you are right NuFan, RAW actually also lost all their matches, just like iN. They just got one win cuz of a 'mistake' by the admin there (wo vs iN, while both sides didn't show up / want to play).. But next time we'll just remember that it's better to not show up at all then trying everything you can to get 4 players.
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Have anyone talkt to RAW about all this? mabye they are willing to give up there spot? It dosen't kill to ask.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

Yea we did, before our normal cw against RAW yesterday. I don't have the irc logs here at work, but if I'm right m0rg said something like they didn't really deserve to go to the next round, but that he didnt mind cuz they were in the playoffs now :P
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Zonic wrote:Clans should not rely on nor point out mistakes that has occured in other games
Well actually Zonic, that's the way all rule-or-law disputes are treated in any western justice system. If you bend the rules once, you can count on the others to ask for the same. That's what is considered fair. Further more, no matter what the admins have said for themselves here, I think things would have gone differently in the same situation with some other clan, and [e] has been given some peculiar treatment here.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I don't have the irc logs here at work, but if I'm right m0rg said something like they didn't really deserve to go to the next round, but that he didnt mind cuz they were in the playoffs now
but its wrong!, admins just need to realize that they are wrong. and do the right thing. And RAW will understand i hope :)
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

This is annoying me. Even though we play for M.I we dont at all give them any advantage. And we added several player for other clans before we added to M.I

Ultiex to J
Foxx aswell i think ? or some other guy in j atleast.

Thats just a couple of examples. But atleast 10 different clans has been allowed to add players.

And, we are still discussing the groups outcome. So dont believe we wont do shit about it atleast :)

Anyways, even though e think they should proceed we need to look at RAW's point of view aswell. They did nothing wrong and moves on to playoff without breaking the rules. And, even though iN automatically gave them a wo, and the fact that raw might didnt have players cant we do much about. Since those are the facts we can look at. We cant just ignore that iN gave them a wo for free before the game time.
Anyways, we are still looking into the problem. So who knows what will happen.

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

I don't know Arild, but I never read anything about GIVING forfeit wins (wo's) to other clans in the rules. The rules only state that if you show up with less than four players you will get a forfeit loss. As far as I know that means you can only GET a forfeit loss, nothing about GIVING a forfeit win to your opponent. And showing up with less than 4 players twice is the same as breaking the rules, right? But I can imagine you want to discuss things first now and consider every possible decision you could make. I guess RAW is already really looking forward to the playoffs now, but then again... so are we :)
Last edited by Kurupt on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

arild wrote:This is annoying me. Even though we play for M.I we dont at all give them any advantage. And we added several player for other clans before we added to M.I

Ultiex to J
Foxx aswell i think ? or some other guy in j atleast.

Thats just a couple of examples. But atleast 10 different clans has been allowed to add players.
Interesting statement that you don't give "them" any advantage and TEN DIFFERENT CLANS have been allowed to add players and shit, if so many other clans had this advantage, how come [e] could not have it as well, strange........

The reason I mentioned M.I is because I noticed it extra clear on one of the games (against cSu I think) when M.I had a lineup consisting almost only of players who had not signed up in time, hehe :hop:
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

CONSPIRACY!@#!@
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Endy. Mainly because I didnt deal with the e player.
And first of all. To be allowed to add players the clan must add the player to their playerlist. After that, we(me and zonic) can add them to the allowed playerlist of this tournament. And that was not the case in e. Alteast thats what zonic said to me.

Anyways. we discussed the group with the rest of the NAQL council and we all agreed on letting RAW proceed to the playoff

-Arild
Hapid00!!
ZarDoX
Worst clanmate of 2005

Post by ZarDoX »

who were in the council ? guess only the admins who don't like [e] at all...? O_o :m00: , cuz some admins told me they agreed with us already so... I think its a personal thing against [e] because arild already said in this forum that [e] was not his type of clan... HAHA :hop:
Overii
sank like a rock

Post by Overii »

that decision is easily made when the whole 'council' is lickin both your and zonic's ass 24/7

it was clear that [e] wouldn't make the playoffs after you decided to call the 2 w.o's = out rule

so far for giving everyone the same treatment fuckfaces
ich bin das kopf o/