FRKQ2-buster

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

As0K
joined the game

FRKQ2-buster

Post by As0K »

If you connect to a server with NoCheat it take about 1 second before it will display the nocheatsay right?
If you connect with FRKQ2 it says the code exactly when you enter the game... can this be a way to bust cheaters? B<
I noticed this on a cw 1 week ago. I have recorded a demo as an example too...

what do you think about this?
yarr!
Hawk
found a way out

Post by Hawk »

well he is correct it seems, nocheat does some yadda yadda and gets a proper code, which seem to take longer than frkq2s fake reply that seems to do this in a faster way
inter-net is good, that means inter-great should be even better
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

you wont see a finnish player replay to this. They are all looking for a replacement now :sleep:
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

emu wrote:you wont see a finnish player replay to this.
I sure hope so. Meaning that no-one even bothers waste their time and energy arguing with you...
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

emu wrote:you wont see a finnish player replay to this. They are all looking for a replacement now :sleep:
Yeah I'm looking someone to replace you. Hope some admin removes your account soon :P (somebody wants to start the pointless .fi vs .se flaming again, eh?)

If you suspect a FRKQ2, use that 'rcon sv stuffcmd all riconnect'. Well that's a good info to know anyway.
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

rcon sv stuffcmd all !gl_driver works well too.
When the dove came..
As0K
joined the game

Post by As0K »

MarlPoro: i did that on my self with rcon aswell and nothing happend... guess thats for old versions then..

birdie: are you sure that works for the newer versions aswell? dont know if i tested with the newest though but im sure there are versions that dont fail on !gl_driver what ever that do B> or atleast there will be.

oh btw. i will get warned or banned now when i said i have downloaded frkq2 or? i guess i will.. :x
yarr!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

oh btw. i will get warned or banned now when i said i have downloaded frkq2 or? i guess i will..
plz stop provoking, no you wont.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Diivil
joined the game

Post by Diivil »

I just hope no one gets called a cheater by just this alone.. I have seen people speaking on the server though they still haven't even connected according to the scoreboard (and the message). Lagging, among other things, might have an effect on the message delay etc. Just so you all know :]
C
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Seems like a valid reason. Call people cheaters because of this. :) If you lagg, you will not be seen as a cheater because the message will be displayed after a period of time, and that means you're not using frkq2. But noone laggs anyway, so just don't bother making this a problem because of lagg issues.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
alekchi
tripped on its own grenade

Post by alekchi »

I was this problem called "anti-lag" because I waxed my computer and its really fast now. I even ordered a TNT-monitor from Russia. So if I seem to cheat, I dont.
I'm sitting down here but hey, you can't see me.
As0K
joined the game

Post by As0K »

Doesnt matter if you have good computer or not. And as blue vex said not many lags that much anymore.
It's still difference between saytime from FRKQ2 and all other Nocheat no matter your ping is 10 or 100.
And Diivil if that was an excuse for you and your players its not good enough. If anyone see it from any of you its not lag because you all have good ping and connections B<
I dont get surprised if you all changed to Apr quake next time we play.
So it should'nt say the nc-code to fast... lol :( Should be fun to see.
Watch your back :rambo:
yarr!
Diivil
joined the game

Post by Diivil »

As0K wrote:Doesnt matter if you have good computer or not. And as blue vex said not many lags that much anymore.
It's still difference between saytime from FRKQ2 and all other Nocheat no matter your ping is 10 or 100.
And Diivil if that was an excuse for you and your players its not good enough. If anyone see it from any of you its not lag because you all have good ping and connections B<
I dont get surprised if you all changed to Apr quake next time we play.
So it should'nt say the nc-code to fast... lol :( Should be fun to see.
Watch your back :rambo:
Heh.. I'm not making excuses for myself or anyone specific. I'm just telling you that a single line that may or may not come after a certain ammount of time after you connect would prove someone cheating MIGHT fail at some points. The difference is .. what ? 1 ? Max 2 seconds? (I don't know. I have only busted a cheater once with rcon sv stuffcmd all riconnect and then I didn't pay any attention when he connected to the server). If we were to cheat with any client that fakes the line, wouldn't you think we would just make it say nothing and say we use normal q2 client (that actually Late uses because he doesn't need any fancy fps counters, clocks or chathuds).

Lag always occurs. No matter how fast connection you have. But if someone's client gives the message MANY times like it shouldn't be given, then maybe I'd accept it myself. But one time .. That's just overreacting IMO.
C
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

But, nc 2.34 reports directly and nc 2.40 reports a bit later than 2.34 did, at least thats what was in the readme/changed.txt of 2.40. So if 2.40 reports together with 2.34 it can be frkq2, but you cant be 100% sure if it happens with 2.34, if im correct
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I don't know about any of you, but I haven't done !nocheatsay on public or in a match for a very long time.
I don't give a shit.