#Catch-Gamer

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

arrr

Post by W1lco »

50 ping.. i had 37 at tnx :P ive got 50 at DA :) .. well.. gg :) nice to see an norweigan server up again :D, new servers always makes me happy.. specially in this case.
The colourblind
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

I can't understand why there is that R1Q2 thing. It just gives fake pings, I have 55-60 there (I bet it aint fake) but like others in our clan have something like 25-35 and it feels like ping 50-70 like they said.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Ping it from a DOS box. The 'new' pings are proably more similar to those results than what they used to be, therefore giving a more accurate representation of your latency to the server.
I don't give a shit.
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

Remove votemap from the config, bloody noobs just keep on voting for cliff2 :/
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Well pinging from DOS box gives average of 34 ms. But if I watch netgraph, it's even bigger than in tnx (I had 55-65 ping @ tnx) so I bet I really have 60-70 ping there.
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

You can't compare tnx to catch...

i had about ping 120 on tnx.. (not talking of the in-game ping)
catch has about 35.

So.. what does your in-game ping on the catch-server tell you and what is your "dos"-ping to the catch-server like?
They should be similar, so we are alright.
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

kaaos wrote:Remove votemap from the config, bloody noobs just keep on voting for cliff2 :/
haha agreed! Me, nova and nufan have carefully picked out the maps in the maprotation to try and make it nice for everyone from the cliff2 lovers to the lighthouse lovers :-)
So it's a bit frustrating when they votemap cliff2 as soon as a 'unpopular' map is loaded.

P.S. I don't mind having noobs at the server :santa:
I like to play games, not watch them
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

compare your real ping on duraworks and catch to the ones you get by dos pinging, atleast that's what i'd do. i got 30ms ping on edome with ping, and on the gameserver it is 50 :p
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

Flunx wrote:P.S. I don't mind having noobs at the server :santa:
Well yeah, when I say noob I don't actually mean a player who has just started playing AQ2. It's nicer to say noob than stupid cunt.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

ure such a stupid cunt kaaos!
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

But I don't like cliff2 :(
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Server ping owns. ;) (Fins and Dutchies has nothing to do on the server anyway. :P)
TnX's destruction was a good thing afterall. *Bows before the people who made this possible*

But (theres always a but)... I can't connect with Q2ACE, and skins are norse. :( I hope the skins will be changed soon. It would also be fun to see a complete list over the settings the server is running.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

nice ping a bit better than the TNX servers :D :D
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Damnit.. And I thought the Norwegians would be forced to play in BoomTown nowdays. :shock:

Dunno if it's better than TnX for me.. Long time since I played there, I guess it's pretty much the same.. 50-60 when I tried.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

I'm glad you said that Blue Vex, luckily we don't have to play 1 map each vs Norwegian clans anymore then ;p

And indeed, norse must be the worst skins ever after the klauz shit they are using on bt ;)