Ventrilo + aq2

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

LaggizZ
melted

Ventrilo + aq2

Post by LaggizZ »

with mine old graphic card i need DirectSound output .. Cuz when im playing quake they can hear me but i cant hear them .. Anyone got the answer to this problem , i would be very grateful ..

*sound card i mean ;(
// LaggizZ
hmm..
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Re: Ventrilo + aq2

Post by Beavisss »

LaggizZ wrote:with mine old graphic card i need DirectSound output .. Cuz when im playing quake they can hear me but i cant hear them .. Anyone got the answer to this problem , i would be very grateful ..

*sound card i mean ;(
// LaggizZ
mm3 = Evil :D
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

atleast for me, there was no way to use ventrilo with quake2, because of the soundthing. so you need a new soundcard, or a different program
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

try switching from high quality to low quality.. or from performance to compatibility in the quake 2 options
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Peippo
joined the game

Post by Peippo »

Try another program, for example. TS2 (Teamspeak2) :)
tA^Peippo<br />
#tA^ - tuper Apinat at Qnet
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

You probably experience the same problem with winamp right?

Try as sajh said to switch from performance to compability, it made the difference for me.
fell in love with the game
R1CH
joined the game

Post by R1CH »

"Compatibility" is actually the best setting in either case. "Performance" locks the primary DirectSound buffer which is highly recommended against by the SDK. "Compatibility" uses the secondary buffers as a normal DX app should.
LaggizZ
melted

Post by LaggizZ »

Thx for the tips everyone :)
hmm..
LaggizZ
melted

Post by LaggizZ »

and jazzie i had the same problem with winamp , but then i change the output to Directsound , and then it workes but the problem is that i cant have directsound as output with Ventrilo .. :(
hmm..
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Yes, but the compatitbility change should solve your problem, at least I solved mine that way, and you will hardly hear any difference at all.
fell in love with the game
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

yaddaa yaddaa yaddaa yaddaa wrong forum.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Just gonna use this forum to avoid opening a new one.
Wanted to share an issue I had with Ventrilo. I've been using it for a while already with NARF, but the whole time I haven't really been playing seriously, just jumping around and all that stuff, also in publics I rarely use any sounds and concentrate and some good tunes instead. So it's no wonder that I just now noticed, playing again cws with the clan against superior enemies that somehow I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't recognize sides and it all sounded mono, but it seemed too weird to be possible, since I knew that in publics I could reckon footsteps from one or the other side sometimes when the songs changed. And while at CWs, I knew I in publics could read sounds as everyone knows, so I thought that maybe I was just out of shape or something like that. And today it was just too much, ask Flop or Stric and they will tell you how pathetic it was to see me looking around without a clue of where the enemies were.
So then I thought that maybe that weird volume difference that always felt when turning Ventrilo on could had something to do with it. Turned it off and stereo started to work again, completely. After the CW I checked out the options and noticed that it was using the microphone of a Logitech webcam 1mt. away from me instead of the tiny table microphone I have next to the monitor.
Long story a bit shorter (well, not really, I already screwed it up with that point), it was the Logitech Webcam with its embedded microphone that was screwing up the whole sound output of my PC once activated. Now it works perfectly with the 5e shell-looking microphone.

And no, this is no excuse! (ehem, ehem) Just trying to share the confusing situation someone else could be suffering of.
Ne quid nimis.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I was watching you while you were playing AQ2.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

... this is so embarrassing.
Ne quid nimis.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

What's the fuss? You never use sounds anyway..