Scorebot suggestion

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

MadWolf
was flattened

Scorebot suggestion

Post by MadWolf »

Hmm, I'm sometimes using this: Screenshot Download "AQ2-script by Dilaz --> MikuzA edition :B"

And I made a few suggestions to one of the authors about it. You can see a shout server button on the screenshot, when you press it it will shout the following to the active channel you are in:
[22:04:04] <MadWolf> AQ2 > Score: 1 - 3 > rooftops > 9/16 > BoomTown AQ2 Clanserver #2 (TNG) > 80.160.78.134:27972

And now to the question/problem, Mikuza said that the server-side client does not give out the teamnames, so you cant really tell who is leading if you look at the shouted text.

One other thing is that it would also be fun to see the time that has been played, here again mikuza said that the server-side client doesn't give out that information.

Does this r1q2 thing do that?
MadWolf
FragBait
is connecting

Post by FragBait »

I think thats for the mod developers to decide wheter to implement or not (aq2 tng)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aq2-tng/
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

That's true. It is the mod-developers who should give out teamnames and scores over their game. (in this case aq2)

It's normally not the serverbinary that looks after teamnames and their scores - especially when it's mod-based roundscores.
The only scores the serverbinary gives you, are the frags.

btw, there is no "server-side client" it's just called "server".
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
eppes
is connecting

Post by eppes »

Hi,
Someone can explain to me how the scorebot works?
Some tutorial maybe.

Thanks.
:D