Let us know your suggestions and comments and we will look at it.

Moderator: Moderators

Hawk
found a way out

Post by Hawk »

After having spent the last few months on World of Warcraft, I've felt that my productivity has stopped completly, this has led to that I feel like doing some project or something, just to do something, and to learn more..

What I'd like to know if, is there any interest in upgrading and adding additional content to the AQ2World site, is the scene still alive. In the case that I get enough interest to start developing the site again, I'd like to know the following: What kind of stuff would you like to see on the site, and would YOU be interested in helping out with whatever you have knowledge about?

I expect this thread to be atleast a few pages long or I'll become disappionted with you, oh.. serious posts and suggestions only.
inter-net is good, that means inter-great should be even better
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i think we still have a list with things that we wanted changed hawk.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hawk
found a way out

Post by Hawk »

i know, but that's not what i was asking
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

okay....
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hawk
found a way out

Post by Hawk »

.. what I want to know is if there's anyone out there that actually wants any updates, i don't feel like spending hours and hours without anyone caring, and i want to know what the users are missing etc, not what's already on the todo list (no need to ask for what I already have, right?) :P
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

Integrate the forum please, sir.
Gotta knock a little harder...
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

I would personally like to see individual interveiws with players from all over the world.. Mostly skilled players but also mapmakers, moviemakers ect. And not just those 10 question interveiws, big ones with lots of interresting material.
Hawk
found a way out

Post by Hawk »

taulutussi: well.. for now, that's a no, and that's not what i was asking about either, i know many want the forums integrated, but that's not the issue right now, what I want to know is if there's any interest in further developing the page contentwise, with stuff like other sites have, for example i tried with the "clip of the week", but sadly no one liked that, that's why I'm asking what people actually want, and if there's nothing, I'll go and play with some other project.

sf: agreed, but that's more content related, since there's already possibilities for interviews, there's only a need for interviewers and victims, not additional code.
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

your right..
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

I think clip of the week was a great idea. It just wasn't done properly. Not that I could do it any better.

I think alot of people wasn't totaly aware of it. Make some fuzz about it and make sure the clips are in .avi format or something. You'd be surprised how lazy we all are.

I've got tons of short aq2 clips of never-boring kniff fragz!

I admire your effort Hawk!
I like to play games, not watch them
sanity
was in the wrong place

Post by sanity »

yea clips of the week was really great...You could see amazing frags etc...
you should keep it and maybe make ppl more aware of it..
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

well, I think I can call it a bug, not suggestions :)
In news u can see nicks and clans with flags if they are registered. But when clan was removed u can see free space instead of clan name and flag. Is it possible to keep name and flag?
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

this page isnt even running how it should actually.. why u already thinking about further development?

theres a lot of things you can add. just think about leagues. files. ......

if this page worked 100%, we'd already have proper communication between the different aq2 scenes around the world.

and why do you want the ppl to tell you directly that they like the page? just look at the forum posts, the comments..... till now theres not much the page has to offer, still there are a lot of ppl browsing it. think about it.
stan0x
killed itself
In-game Name: stan0x
Operating System: Windows 7, linux
Processor model/speed: i7 2600K
Memory: 16GB DRR3
Hard drive: 1 x 240GB SSD 5 x 2 TB
Graphics card: GTX470
Monitor: LG
Mouse: MX
Keyboard: Steelseries G7

Post by stan0x »

Hmzzz..

wath do you think we miss ..

that's my guestion 2 you .. you are a coder so wath do you miss ?

ore wath do you had in mind 2 build ?
#clan.fubar #narf #heks #aq2world
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

I dont know how hard these kinda things are, but i'll give u a few suggestions anyway. Things that i would like to see.

Player Profile.
Perhaps some space in the profile for a bigger Presentation. Or somekind of a Player-interview with questions to answer. You login, enter your own profile, click "interview/questions" or whatever, fill it out. Done - Shown in the profile for public view, or somthing like that. Dunno about you, but thats fun reading. :)
And an option to delete the gb-entries. <-- B>

AQ2World League.
Am i the only one thinking about this? A big tournament -AQ2World-league for all clans around. And for this to be the Official Aq2-league. Using this website for it also ofc, with a section for it and so on. With a special league-crew with admins and stuff, if needed or if "you" guys wanna do it by yourselves. Im sure many would help out with things like that. I know i would, if someone asked :P

Theme-changer?
I like this design but..Like the one used for M.I's clanpage, could be cool.

That record-thread made by angra in the forum, could be a link-to-newpage in the left-menu perhaps? :\ A thing like that should be shown in a more nice fashion imo. Seemed like many ppl were intrested of it so..

A screenshot-section with weird/funny sceens. Could be nice.

And also, that AQ2-Gear(and other) website made by Marlporo. Something like that should be in Aq2-world (not that i dislike it as it is.) So everything you need/want is in one big community-website. Its easy to find with links and all that, but it's more cool to have everything just infront of you when opening this "Official AQ2-page"? Isnt that the idea of Aq2world? That all AQ2 related things are in this so called Aq2world-site. - Not that we're just one big happy family, unitedly reading TATM's :) More like: hey I need that and tha and thatt.. what to do? - Eh u silly noob, www.aq2world.com theres everything!

For example. "aq2gear.aq2world.com" with a design-ripoff maybe? or keeping the other(nice) design, but just to get the world of aq2 feeling. And a link in the menu in the real aq2worldpage- with all creds' to the gear-crew ofc. It pwns the way it is, but i'd like this even more. :)

Another example. "aq2admins.aq2world.com" with same things from above. Thats 1 way of getting the "united-feeling" etc. Anyway, i hope you keep some of these things in mind. Gl with whatever you decide to do :) Looking forward to it.
Last edited by Samislide on Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.