Best player on map?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Moose wrote:
MadWolf wrote: Should we bring back kfl for one game? ;)
I don't think that kfl was that special in rooftops either. They just liked to camp those certain roofs with two snipers. Nothing you couldn't handle if you had a good sniper or two yourself and sprayers that knew how to move fast in the map.

I don't know anything about how F is these days so I can't comment on that =/
So they had good snipers, and player who knew how to move on the map. aaaand what is the difference between kfl@rooftop and someotherclanwhoownsamap@themaptheyown :)?

know your limits moose, dont try to say anything clever
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Yes, go redicule yourself somewhere else Moose.
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

When did Moose say kfl had GOOD snipers? :P
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Royal^ wrote:When did Moose say kfl had GOOD snipers? :P

"Nothing you couldn't handle if you had a good sniper or two yourself"
well, if uni needs two of their good snipers, to handle 2 of kfl's bad snipers.... then i feel sorry for them :)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

or 1 good to beat 2 mediocre? :P
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Know your limits Royal!
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

herty wrote:http://herty.daug.net/freemasons-rt.jpg (dated 9.1.2006)
Now what am I then, a semigod? ;) I doubt it.
Yes! YES YOU ARE!! :) :hail:
Hazer
joined the game

Post by Hazer »

Since i started to play in 2005 (for the darn fifth time) my votes goes to the player on the map i like:

Wfall - Hakkis,Liitokone
Cloud3 - Lil'Mo,Wairth
Cloud2 - Grimmy
Urban2 - Battery
Jungle1 - Materia
Cliff2 - kutti
Aqnitro - Gundy
Plaza2 - (Prolly all in .jpg)

Me myself ain't good in any map. Well maybe urban (the one and only map).
Dont whine of the graphics in-game when the game isn't made for opengl! ||| Playah of #Ambush.Aq2<br />
oVa
plummets to its death
In-game Name: OVALEE

Post by oVa »

Mesto - Aln, Tlx
Wizs - Dem0ni :D
Deepcanyon - Guenhwyvar
Cloud3 - Etana, Lil'Mo
Pier - McCre
Sludge1 - Herty, Da'Art
187city - Masa and Keke
Country2 - SteeN
Cloud - Royal^
B>
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

My thoughts are kinda difficult to put in words but I'll give it a shot.

Let's take an example.
Someone claims that player B (a medium skilled player) is the best player in a map called MAP1 (how original!). It turns out that MAP1 is a very simple map and player B's clan has played it as it's homemap for a long time. However, I'd still claim that player C (a high skilled player) is better in MAP1 than player B, even though player C has only played it for a few times.

What I'm trying to say here is that the map has to be very difficult to "learn" if a medium player wants to be better there than a skilled player.

I'll use Aln for another example. Many have voted him to be the best in mesto. That's naturally because of 'sC which used to play mesto as homemap. But everyone knows Aln is a good player not only in mesto but in other maps as well. Let's imagine a clanwar between 'sC (a high skilled clan) and ^sCh (a medium skilled clan). I think that 'sC would beat ^sCh in cloud3 (which is ^sCh's map) and a player from 'sC would be the best in that map instead of someone from ^sCh.
Why would that happen? Because cloud3 is a simple map and Aln, or whoever from 'sC-guys didn't have to learn it. That's why they were capable of being better than any ^sCh guy there. Why couldn't Aln be the best in cloud3 even though his clan doesn't play it as it's homemap?

So don't pick your "best player on map" only from a clan that plays the particular map as homemap. Think of other options and think about the map. Is it really so difficult to learn that the player you have in mind is capable of beating top players there? The best riot-player doesn't have to come from Apprime or Explosion or the best sludge1-player from /pr0 or [s], necessarily.
I hope you got my point. I'm not so interested in this subject, just wanted to bring a new point of view to the conversation.

(Claiming 'sC as a high skilled clan and ^sCh as a medium skilled clan was just to have some examples. So ^sCh-guys, don't be offended.)
:attack:

EDIT: Of course these are opinions and I'm not the right person to change your opinions. It's just that I got quite amused by reading some of the posts. And it gets boring to read posts where everyone names a player from one's own clan. Like I said, just wanted to bring a new aspect to the conversation. :)
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
nine
sank like a rock

Post by nine »

emu on beachassault!
sug balle
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

norse piss off u gravedigger O_o
SchORpiO