Hidden - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Hidden - [NEW MAP]

Post by WizardExt »

Hidden is here!

Hidden has a jungle theme and it’s set on a tropical island. There is beautiful sunset in the background creating a peaceful and calm environment. What I had in mind from the beginning was a tropical island, somewhere hidden from the public, with military buildings. Terrorists? The map began its shape about a year ago, but gathered dust after some time. I showed it to some people at FOC 2004. I found it again recently and continued working on it and rebuilt some parts of the map.

The map is pretty large but can add a feeling of being small, maybe due to the tight paths that you often experience inside buildings and underground. There is one large outdoor area surrounded with rock walls. There are two buildings, both leading to the outside and to the underground levels. The underground is large and a bit of a maze, but offering good connectivity.

Download here!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

sweet man :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
arNe
hit the ground hard, real hard
In-game Name: arNe_kokst

Post by arNe »

good job...

den what are you doing the whole day? :P
who am i ?
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Looking at the screens it should be a very nice map :D GJ!
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

good 1
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

looks damn nice man, gj again :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

omg this map sux tbh
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

You've made many really nice maps, I liked this one to.
However, even though I'm and many others are really Grateful for all the time and effort you put in them...
I would really like to ask for not only you but all the mappers out there to start making some more "cw" maps.
Becouse in my eyes, this one along with the assassin maps are fine public maps, but doesn't suit so well in cws.

That way we maybe can get over the 4~ map dominate era, like cliff2, tokyo, mesto and airport etc..

And aslo in my veiw the "cws" maps seems to be the most popular ones public aswell.

Just imo, no hard feelings.. puss
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

and now tell pain to change map rotation on da main :D
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Yes, nufan, that sounds like a plan.
But I prefer to have SO many pretty and cool maps (as this one and the assassin serie) that all those pro "cw" maps will be forgotten. And then... the fun era begins!

Anyways... good job, as always, WizardText... I mean, Ext. I can see me already playing your maps in 15 years after recovering an aq2DVD from the cellar. And maybe in lan with some marcian guys. Cheers!

C.
Ne quid nimis.
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

Prettiest map I've seen so far, good job mate.
When the dove came..
aztecx
sank like a rock

Post by aztecx »

a very fking nice map, dunno about the underground bit but i love the outside.

3 jumps which are all easy and do jack crap for u :)

Here
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Map looks amazing wiz, have no idea about gameplay, but it does look a bit big...
nufan wrote:I would really like to ask for not only you but all the mappers out there to start making some more "cw" maps.
Becouse in my eyes, this one along with the assassin maps are fine public maps, but doesn't suit so well in cws.
The problem with this (I know this from experience) is that when you really get started on a map, you don't want to quit before you feel that you've gotten everything in there that you were thinking about before you started. This usually means that you either have to make each of the areas very small (unrealistically small) or then leave them out all together. So then you really have to make the choice, do I make the map because I think it's fun, and because I want to create something that I myself think looks and feels great, or do I want to make a map that will be played alot on cws/publics?

Generally I think that wiz's maps have a great look and most of all, a great atmosphere and feel. Problem is that most aq2 players have gotten used to fast pased action and fast rounds... so ... well.. there you have it :mrgreen:
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Wiz the mapping machine. Sweet map with a lovely sky :)

I played this map 1on1 with WizardExt and it surprised me how much smaller it really is when you play it. I guess it's because of the great connectivity. On the other hand, it could be because we don't camp and try to hide from eachother which might(certainly will) happen in some clanwars.

As a mapper myself I totally agree with NRGizeR. It's really hard to keep the maps 'small' when you map, believe it or not. As a mapper you feel really sad when you have to delete things that you have made. So the maps keep getting bigger and bigger as you go along. Sometimes you just have to grab yourself in the neck and delete like half of the map, and still it's pretty big. Making the map playable is a challenge in it self.

Anyhoooo... keep up the work WizardExt, alot of people love your maps (including me) and you are doing everybody a favor and keeping AQ2 and AQ2 mapping alive and kicking
I like to play games, not watch them
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

uploaded at junkyard.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405