Quake 4 Official Trailer

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

taulutussi
blew up

Quake 4 Official Trailer

Post by taulutussi »

Wee, E3 is kicking on: sweet Q4 trailer has been released, see it now @ http://www.gamespot.com/promos/quake4/play.html

Looks like doom3 a bit (same engine), but I think it'll rulezor
Gotta knock a little harder...
Mutu
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Mutu »

looks great :D
· Catch-Gamer.no AQ2admin
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Can someone upload it, since you need to fill in some form stuff there?

Im really curious, it might the first game which ill buy in years i think :)
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

Stream for free <--- use this ?

Download
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

[edit] Not the right movie [/edit]
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

@gamershell

So, why isn't Quake 4 action out yet?!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge... ...and some just gargle...
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

try www.ign.com there you can see all e3 movies.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clavven
blew up

Post by Clavven »

omg they ruined quake, not the same feeling anymore, this is just some doom3 crap
#ovanallt.aq2
mirror

Post by mirror »

omg

i really dont like it how they present their game.. i mean it looks like quake is all about brutality. and i dont know how this game will be.. but looks like they put more into graphics than into gameplay :x
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

eeeeek , first i thought 2nd doom3 addon.
i believe quake4 is once more bit slower then quake3.
becaues quake3 is slower then quake2 and quake2 not as fast as quake1.
so, if we reach quake X some day we have Halflife3 :/

quake4 isn't enough, waiting for re-re-aq4 or some topic like that :lol:

meep over and out
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Clavven wrote:omg they ruined quake, not the same feeling anymore, this is just some doom3 crap
ROFL :) please just check it... its nothing like doom.

Read the previews before you judge.

and doom3 wasnt crap :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
mirror

Post by mirror »

Q: We saw the scene where you become "Stroggified," and some scenes earlier that were long, extended, scripted sequences, which is something we really haven't seen a lot of in previous id Software games. You think we'll see a lot of those types of sequences, or are those pretty special moments that won't happen that often?

A: No, there's a lot of story telling that goes on throughout Quake 4. We do like the single-player style of basically making it a story-driven experience as you play through the single-player component. We felt that worked really well with Doom 3, and we wanted to do that for Quake 4. Part of the critical aspect of what universe we set Quake 4 in was that we felt like Quake II was the best single-player game of all the Quakes. We really had this, well, it was more than an idea, it was the beginning of a game design that was done after Quake II as to what was going to be the next project at id. That's sort of been sitting in our safe deposit box I guess, if you will.

Prior to the time when we started working with Raven on Quake 4, the path we chose to go down was to make Quake III, which was multiplayer focused and not really married to any certain Quake universe. id developed Doom 3 in-house, and Raven kind of used that as the basis for the single-player stuff.

Contrastingly, on the multiplayer side, we felt that the Quake III style with some Team Arena elements was the ultimate iteration of Quake multiplayer and so that formed the starting point of what the multiplayer was like. We feel that we've combined the best single-player experience with what was the best multiplayer of all the Quakes and put those together to make the best Quake yet.
Q: Are you looking to put any hooks in to make the game ready for the tournament community and go back to Quake 4 as the new tournament game right out of the box?

A: It depends on what you're talking about in terms of tournament capacity. There's the tournament support software, whether it's a LAN or Internet play, how you're doing ladders and those sorts of things. We won't have that support out of the box. We'll incorporate that afterwards. But we really have it modeled as a skill-based game, so when you play Quake 4 multiplayer, it's not a luck shot that determines anything, it's really the people who are the most skillful players who are going to win.

With Quake II, for example, we gave you the benefit of slowing the pace down a little bit, the ability to armor up, and a lot of times it took multiple shots to bring anybody down, so you could almost always have the hope for success against even more skillful players because if somebody softened them up, you might be able to take them out with the rail gun while you're hiding behind a box, or what have you. We've gotten back much more to the style of Quake III where it's pure multiplayer with a focus on moving and shooting and really skill-based. I think it will be very much appropriate for people who like to play the tournament style games because it's really a game of skill as opposed to much of an element of chance involved.
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Look`s good.. but lets w8 and see how the action mode will be 8)
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

Personally I loved Q2's singleplayer and it's a good thing that Raven is making it too because I liked SoF too :)
Gotta knock a little harder...
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

Damnit it looks like Doom.. :\

But Quake is better :)