AQ2World: League season 2

Official forum of the first AQ2World League.

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

i´d also be interested in a 2nd season... quite easy if you dont participate in organizing :)

ps: no i got enough to do with my stupid movies.
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
Commu
plummets to its death

Post by Commu »

how about some aq2world ladder then, where you just have to take challenges and play em in one week? :I
There goes the neighborhood!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

That's what I said should be run from the very beginning.
I don't give a shit.
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

ladders suck.

and about the website again, i dont think it was such a big deal to add 4 scores per week, the problem was just that there was a big bunch of moronclans that really demotivated you to go on with your work.

anyway i think the email system worked fine, and if the league takes place during the aq2-peaktime in winter, it will work just fine.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

But a ladder gives people something to do all year round. Admins aren't needed until disputes and you lost points for marking yourself inactive and not accepting challenges. To stay at the top you need to put some effort in, whereas if you are happy being mid-table, then you don't need to put any extra effort into that either.

You want to know the top clan? Make a ladder.

Also, I agree about the 'moronclans'.
I don't give a shit.
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

i think it would be better if u had a channel at irc were u could post scores and maps and report to a bot and then the admins can cheek the bot...
Like !Aq2Bot Div 4 Match x vs y scores 24-19 it was a good game and blababa no camp and stuff...
and then the admins gets a msg from the bot when they are chatting around at irc... cuz the email thing was boring to do... i think many clans didnt send in cuz it tooked to much time ^^

Or u put up 2 divisions and there u hbave div 1 and div 2 10 teams in each...
and 3 goes up and 3 down and the last 5 in div 2 will fight about the spots in div 2 if there is 5 other clans that want to join or more ... so the other clans that want to join will play about the 2-5 spots in div 5 and the 5 that wons plays vs the last div 2 clans... if u understands me i think this is a better way cuz 5 div was to much + now u only need to work at 2 divisions and 1 advance league or waht u call it... so the admins can do more work at the fun time or mabe take 1 match each week or something... well i dont know but read it and see waht u think :))

btw dont mind my english it sux and I knows it just try to understand

Peach Out :santa:
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Rulf wrote:i think it would be better if u had a channel at irc were u could post scores and maps and report to a bot and then the admins can cheek the bot...
Like !Aq2Bot Div 4 Match x vs y scores 24-19 it was a good game and blababa no camp and stuff...
and then the admins gets a msg from the bot when they are chatting around at irc... cuz the email thing was boring to do... i think many clans didnt send in cuz it tooked to much time ^^

Or u put up 2 divisions and there u hbave div 1 and div 2 10 teams in each...
and 3 goes up and 3 down and the last 5 in div 2 will fight about the spots in div 2 if there is 5 other clans that want to join or more ... so the other clans that want to join will play about the 2-5 spots in div 5 and the 5 that wons plays vs the last div 2 clans... if u understands me i think this is a better way cuz 5 div was to much + now u only need to work at 2 divisions and 1 advance league or waht u call it... so the admins can do more work at the fun time or mabe take 1 match each week or something... well i dont know but read it and see waht u think :))

btw dont mind my english it sux and I knows it just try to understand

Peach Out :santa:
i could update my current mirc-sql-cw-adding-thingelidingie(in which a privmessage following a certain grammar adds a cw to a clanpage) to do this assume, however it has to be protected somehow, so that fake results wont be added. Some admin verifying each result getting added or such.

dont know if this is needed though.. if so, send me a priv and ill see if i can find the time to fix it:P im a lazy sob.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Rulf wrote:cuz the email thing was boring to do... i think many clans didnt send in cuz it tooked to much time ^^
Loding mail page: ca 2 sec
loging in: ca 5 sec
writing email: ca 30 sec.
attatching screenshots: ca 20 sec.
sending: ca 1 sec.

ca 58 sec.
ya we are all so busy so we can't find 58 sec.

If you don't have time or you think its to boring you don't belong in any league.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

sajh wrote:i could update my current mirc-sql-cw-adding-thingelidingie(in which a privmessage following a certain grammar adds a cw to a clanpage) to do this assume, however it has to be protected somehow, so that fake results wont be added. Some admin verifying each result getting added or such.

dont know if this is needed though.. if so, send me a priv and ill see if i can find the time to fix it:P im a lazy sob.
This is why I thought it would be better to do it through the AQ2World website itself. You have to log in as yourself, and the other team could verify the result if they are happy that it's the right result. I think both team verifying the result would take some strain off the admins. And the same procedure can be used to enter ladder match results :P

With the irc bot, you would just have another thing to auth to, and some people can't be arsed doing that.
I don't give a shit.
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

I'm available if you are in need of admins. And Clown has a good point there, if someone is willing to update the pages :)
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

omg rulf.. really, some guys are putting up a league and you are too lazy to even report the results by writing an email. the guys that acted like that last season are the ones i dont want in season2, if there is one. really.

there has already been such an automatical system, if you can remember the esl-thingy. i don't think it's needed.. cause i dont think its such a big deal for the admins to update those scores, as it is actually their only job. well if we just had a better admin-panel to update the scores, that would be really fine. and since we dont have loads of content it might be not such a big deal to do something like this.
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

Angran i posted all matches but if u looked at fixtures at theold league i thinkit was only 20% that send the mail... but mabe a rule send mail or get kicked out from the league ? cuz its anoying that no clans write the mails and stuffs cuz that they lost 1 game or summit...

hehe mirror i started aq2 for about 1 year ago so thats away long before my days :)... but yea thats why i think it would better to have the top 20 clans cuz they are active and will do their work insteed of 40 clans were mabe 10 are inactive and not care at all about aq2...
well i dont have a clue about this im just trying to be helpfull ;)

over and out
Last edited by Rulf on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

/me applies for admin in season 2, I'll prolly have some spare time.
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

Great repsaj :)
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Repsaj wrote:/me applies for admin in season 2, I'll prolly have some spare time.
Me, toooooo! Only if Kurupt gives me a short introduction of how-to-be-an-admin again :P
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008