Mobile Infantry down...

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zonic
was flattened

Mobile Infantry down...

Post by Zonic »

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inform you all that Mobile Infantry is down, or should I say put to sleep. Read Arild`s newspost at http://www.mobileinfantry.se!
This should not be a suprise to many, because we've been really inactive from time to time the last year(s).

This means we've decided not to play any more games, due to various reasons, but our friendship with each other will live on. Plans for another another Mobile Infantry LAN next summer is in progress :) (and maybe we'll return from our sleep next FOC?)

We failed to reach 2000 clanwars, the counter ended at 1909 games. We won 1339(70.1%) of them, loosing 486(25.5%) and tied 84(4.4%). 51174 - 35638 in rounds. Our greatest moments teamwise are champions in BWAQSL and EAQL twice!

It would take a year or two to list all members, but I'd like to write some things about some of the guys whom I won't forget;

Arild - The dane :D. He's the reason Mobile Infantry lived on when I decided to move on to Quake 3. A very good player when he's on top, was one of the four parts in our in-famous EAQL team. A very nice guy, who has now decided to move on to Quake 3. But sadly... he's not good at pool.

RedHouse - Grandpa red. This old bloke is like a teddybear :) He started it all along with Jason. King of 56k!?! He didn't play so much when the rest of the clan got broadband connections, but he was still in charge. When he eventually got broadband, about one year ago, he turned inactive :P Don't forget to celebrate him next year when he turns 70.

ZooL - also known as Casanova. One of the best players Mobile Infantry ever had, always performing at a top level. Another part of the in-famous EAQL team. You don't want to be on voice with him though, his laughter will torture you in your sleep. He claimed himself to be best at using pistol... [insert laugh here]. Really cool guy, but he's really useless at drinking ;).

SomeOne - japanese wannabe. Was at the same time the best sniper and the best plummer. This guy had tremendous powers, he was capable of plumming while walking slowly. I remember him taking the plane to visit me; We played WarCraft 3, at it's release point, for three days. He stole cookies from our pantry, and he hided my quilt in my sister`s room so I had to sleep without it. He also told me his grandmothers name is Arne :).

Westelindh - also known as mys-magnus. The most clever player you'll ever find. Was accused of wallhacking many times, but the truth lied in his hearing. He also visited me some years ago, and I still got his lousy pants here. They smell really bad now :?. He hasn't been around for a while now, but if you happen to see him, tell him that he should get a haircut and a job :P.

Other guys who left marks were;
Clause - The last part of the in-famous EAQL team. Top notch player and a great guy.
Billy - Really good at drinking. Me and Billy won the MI-LAN 2on2 cup drunken... :D
Khold - Hello? Younger brother of the Nilsson family.
Goliath - The guy who salted the everyones toothbrushes. Funny guy ;)
Jason - One of the old leaders. Inventor of m4-rush tactics? Hope to see him again!
Johney - The foreigner. Helped us tremendously when we were at FOC.
Mad - You don't remember him do you? Neither do I :D
Wangham - The older brother of the Nilsson family. One of the best players in Mobile Infantry ever.
Saafen - Met him at FOC, really cool guy. Looks like Westelindh :<

I also have to mention Hawk, the brain behind AQ2World. We didn't get along too good, but I think last FOC was a step in the right direction. And last, WizardExt who's the strangest guy I've ever met :D.

Finally, I hope you'll remember us as a great clan you actually spent alot of time gaming with. Take care everyone, keep AQ2 alive! :attack:
Last edited by Zonic on Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

So, when u lot coming back ? ;)

BWAQSL ftw!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

M.I was one of those clans i looked up to when i was newbie, gl with future :hop:
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

Royal^ wrote:M.I was one of those clans i looked up to when i was newbie, gl with future :hop:
Me too actually. This is a sad moment ;(
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

pfff pathetic.. look at the German clan Quadaver - even after their inactivity they still play at a top level.. No need to shut down a clan with such a big respectable reputation. This just sucks..

If you atleast want to keep AQ2 alive then you should've went for a second opinion about this decision and take it back..

bah
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Why would people leave MI for a part-time clanlike RA?
I don't give a shit.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Right clowneh.

ot: as already said on the page, its a shame MI drops from aq2.. one of the clans who were quite long around in the scene.
Ralle
is connecting

Post by Ralle »

MI played maybe 10 cw's the 3 months i was in it. RA has played 20 cw's in 1 week. You figure out the rest clown :)

Arild was the only of the 'original' MI players that showed just a little bit of activity during that period. In reality the MI as most people want to remember it, has been dead for a long time.

Regardless its one of the titans of AQ2 that has been put to rest. a sad day for the scene indeed.
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

rip [M.I].

I'll really hope you'll be back someday to kick some ars.
Serpent
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Serpent »

Noooo.... I <3 u :D
Serpent
• Moderator of AQ2Suomi • 4Ðm!n ov AQ2 Liiga •
Sweet
found a way out

Post by Sweet »

nouuuuuuuuu :?

very sad
Sweet =A=
RedHouse
is connecting

For good sake [M.I] aint down

Post by RedHouse »

Dont know what the &%¤& happend..i have not put the clan to rest..because ppl left i dont shut the clan down..I told them i was going to be very inactive (working on my house) not a red one :)
I will play again i a few weeks..and then serious..and which team that will be is not yet conformied..
And all the whine that we should close the clan long ago when we are at the top is just bullshit..Its like a fotboll team players come and go and resuslts may wary..But i started and has kept the clan going..not that much visible for the outside perhaps..but old members now what i mean..and its when i say its the END..
So i see you out there on the clanwars..because we still going to kill ya
:D
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

THAT'S THE FUCKING SPIRIT!
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Mutu
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Mutu »

yeh, gl with future
· Catch-Gamer.no AQ2admin
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

:(
no matter how much one might have whined, i've had fun playing both with and against mi.
gg.

edit: One also thinks that As0K should be mentioned for making the most impossible transfer ever from kfl to mi :P
fell in love with the game