boomtown

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

boomtown

Post by mirror »

heyo,,..

lately ive noticed that noone is playing at those boomtown servers anymore.. so i asked why, and i was told that the servers crash as soon as someone enters them.

well its someting about money i guess? anyway.. this damages our community really much, danish public servers have always been very important since they are located more or less central in our aq2 community.. so if theres a lack of danish servers, less ppl play aq2, which we dont want.

so.. either we need new danish public servers, or we just use one of the cw servers for public play.. not optimal, but it should work.

what do you think?
VorTeX6
sank like a rock

Post by VorTeX6 »

Me and my brother ([DUEL] AviaToR) was goin to play some public, but the 1. pub catch server was full, and the other one has some fucked-up darkmatch.. so we tried boomtown.. but as soon as i entered, i lagged out.. and i was like: wtf? so that was pretty fucked..

U can atleast change the 2. catch public server back to normal
yes u
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

I cant connect to Boomtown public \:
Error: Net_GetPacket: WSAECONNRESET from 80.160.78.134:27961
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

I would like public servers to be fixed and cw server added.
Cause if 1 of t cw server will be used as public. that will be ok for players who like to play public. But what about clans who always play clanwars at boomtown. For example in <RA> we always play 2xbt or 1 each. And sometimes we cant find free boomtown server, cause its always full in a rush hour :(
Wake up admins
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

It's hard to get bt fixed, the man on the inside is hard to get active, atleast it was so before. I don't know if that is the case here.

I'm almost sure that Myst has poked on him.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

yes i played alot public at boomtown, now the servers seem to be down or i got the wrong ip (use a little bit older cfg and i got servers listed in the cfg).
but there is no pingissue for me since i ping the same on all servers (i even ping higher now with my "new" 8/1mbit connection before i had 0,5/0,5mbit).

but still its nice with some server variation.
i think you should keep the two working cw servers cause that is more important, i think ppl rather play on a .fi .no server public. while playing their cws at boomtown. if ya know what i mean 8)
bail{UNi}
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

My guess is that there is a binary incompatibility on the server (libc/glibc). Not hard to fix, but if the insider isn't responding...
Down, not across.
W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

il guees that ive almost stopped played AQ2 now, and if i so do, i wont come back, i had enough of this "community". O_o
The colourblind
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

oh, so then its just a 'bug' ?

if so, someone really has to step on this guy's fingers, ... those servers are so important..

but still i think it has something to do with the money.. guess it will take quite a while till those servers are back, and to save the non-cw community (which is quite huge), we should consider making one of the bt cw servers a public server (even tho theres matchmode)
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

I dont care too much bout bt public.. i mean, for me it doesnt matter where to play.. if im playing in scandinavia and finland, got around ping 50 on all of their servers. Even though, the cw servers are more important for me (my clan), so i prefer having 3 cw servers > 2 cw + 1 pub
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Public servers are back up again! :hop:
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

yey :santa:
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
Zan
is connecting

Post by Zan »

ye, I wrote like 3-4 e-mails to Boomtown in danish, and finally I received a mail saying problem fixed! The BT admins didn't know they were bugged, they looked fine on their survey, gamespy and such.

Dunno who the aq2 admins wrote, but guess it had to be in danish before they responded :D

Anyways im glad I took the time to write thoes mails since i agree they are important to the non-cw scene, and they just plain fun... ;)

+ they DON't have any plans on taking them down anytime soon! so they said...
Snitch, you can Run! But u can´t Hide!.......
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

all hail Zan!