Ideas, Ideas!

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

like winter? its been done, but yes it could be done a lot better.

I want a map of springfield incl. school, simpsons house, kiwk-e-mart, moes,the plant and so on :)
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

We want a CTF map, god damn!
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

fuct wrote:like winter? its been done, but yes it could be done a lot better.

I want a map of springfield incl. school, simpsons house, kiwk-e-mart, moes,the plant and so on :)
yeah that could be fun, but i ment a map with more open areas, like hoth planet in star wars :D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

AssKick3r wrote:We want a CTF map, god damn!
So make it n00b O_o
Anyway, lets be serious now. We need 2-3 good CTF maps, it doesnt matter how good it looks but it need CTF gameplay
:)
^stric^
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

I would say creating CTF maps is a waste of time until the gameplay is better

-Alex
Hapid00!!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

lol.. i think its more the other way around.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

arild wrote:I would say creating CTF maps is a waste of time until the gameplay is better

-Alex
Untill people will play CTF for sure. Havent seen anyone playing CTF for a long time. I dont count 2 on 2 games.
SoD
joined the game

idea

Post by SoD »

Ok.. heres my idea..
ive wanted to do this for a LOOONG time but i have never gotten around to it yet so im gonna pass it on to you...

_Layout_

I was hoping to make a new map with a beachassault type of feeling to it. i was going to make 2 big battle ships, carriers even both sitting in the water kinda opposite sides of the map. i wanted to make it so each of these had like a helicopter on it flying to the other battle ship. and i was trying to think of other ideas that could be used to transport from one ship to the other like a small raft or something going back and forth kinda like on cliff... or something. i was trying to come up with one more means of transportation like an underground system like tunnels thru the water or some kind of airflow pushing system to launch players across the map to the other battle ship. (heres an idea... torpedo bay launches players out to the other ship hehe) i was gonna put some heavily defensive bunker on the island and in each of the ships so people could take cover.

so basically, 2 battle ships with an island inbetween kinda to the side is the layout....

_Features_

ok heres where the whole beachassualt type feeling comes in. i wanted to have all kinds of different cannons in this map. i was going to put a couple cannons pointing at each ship from the island. some rocketlaunchers pointing from ship to ship. some kinda machine gun type things pointing from the ships to the island. and maybe even some kinda airstrike type system. i was also going to put sharks in the water just like beachassualt...

Ok now that you've read all that, try to imagin it all combined and try to picture the gameplay. There would be helicopters flying everywhere, cannons going off all thru the rounds, maybe even some airstrike stuff going on, all while the players are shooting at eachother too! it would definitly be some intense play.... but i would be down! i dono its just an idea ive had in my head for MONTHS and i cant get rid of it but i cant find the time to even try starting on it... i dont think i have the mapping skills yet either to do something like that. but i was going to try and learn along the way. it would be sweet! and hopefully someday i would like to see a map like it.

sorry kinda long....
anyways im gonna get some sleep.

-SoD
chatode
joined the game

Post by chatode »

fuct wrote:
chatode wrote:deepcanyon3, because the 2nd one sucks like hell :sleep:
and the first one is a great looking map?

ZzZzzZZzzZzz
at least the first one has got gameplay...

and yes i think it's a nice looking map compared to cliff2 for example
aka Ode aka katodi
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Beavisss wrote:
arild wrote:I would say creating CTF maps is a waste of time until the gameplay is better

-Alex
Untill people will play CTF for sure. Havent seen anyone playing CTF for a long time. I dont count 2 on 2 games.
I totally agree here. Atleast I won't sit down and work on a map for something I don't play. CTF for Action Quake 2 needs work...but I don't see anyone willing to do it.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

We've played 2 ctf pickups and it was great, everyone enjoyed it. Maps were u2, city, sludge1 and cliff2. It would have been even better with ctf maps, so think about it!
It's not like we expect a masterpiece, though a mirrored map to make it equal for both teams would work very well.
WizardExt
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

chatode wrote:
fuct wrote:
chatode wrote:deepcanyon3, because the 2nd one sucks like hell :sleep:
and the first one is a great looking map?

ZzZzzZZzzZzz
at least the first one has got gameplay...

and yes i think it's a nice looking map compared to cliff2 for example
Funny deepcanyon vs deepcanyon2 discussion. Those map are so different from each other. Deepcanyon looks a lot worse, but plays much better in teamplay...also feels a lot like Teamjungle. Deepcanyon2 looks reaaaaally sweet, but is not at all working in teamplay mode. It can be compared with Lavatube. I wonder how deepcanyon2 plays in deathmatch?

And I think cliff2 looks better than deepcanyon. But the textures are more pleasing in deepcanyon...and I really don't like cliff2. :(
vampyre
is connecting

Post by vampyre »

sup fellas i edited tj and made tjt.

I look at the australian servers and all i see is old school maps
-urban -actcity2 -urban3 -urban2 -teamdepo

I don't know what the situation is with other countries and servers but i think everyone still loves a classic, and thats why i created TJT. Adding alternate gameplay with the maps we all love.

i'm almost done on my actcity2 edit eliminating camp plus retexturing and hotting it up. I've done 2 working version just depends on which i want to release but yeah i'm capable of creating maps from scratch as i've mapped for a long time but i think a good edit never goes a-stray! I'll release screenshots in the coming week. Cheers

peace fellas
birdie

Post by birdie »

vampyre wrote:sup fellas i edited tj and made tjt.

I look at the australian servers and all i see is old school maps
-urban -actcity2 -urban3 -urban2 -teamdepo

I don't know what the situation is with other countries and servers but i think everyone still loves a classic, and thats why i created TJT. Adding alternate gameplay with the maps we all love.

i'm almost done on my actcity2 edit eliminating camp plus retexturing and hotting it up. I've done 2 working version just depends on which i want to release but yeah i'm capable of creating maps from scratch as i've mapped for a long time but i think a good edit never goes a-stray! I'll release screenshots in the coming week. Cheers

peace fellas

Well, you're like the only guy who've done an old map even better (tjt)
So I'll keep my thumbs up for the re-act2 releasing :)
When the dove came..
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Remaking maps is like a dance remix of "Stairway to Heaven". If its not broke dont fix it. Make your own maps. Just my opinion.