Divisions Season 2!

Official forum of the first AQ2World League.

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

sajh wrote:Hmm, a division 1 without clans such as Apr, sC and UNi... :( sad to see that they did not sign up.

Secondly i find it quite amusing to see both M.I and dip in division 1, whilst UR and ilmi are in the second division. Cant really see what could justify that :)
I agree with you. We should play somewhere else.

-Alex
Hapid00!!
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

It's funny how you are all surprised about which clan is in which division, but yet also completely understandable - the thing is that we 'tried' to make it a follow-up on the first edition of this league and according to the rules we have to promote & demote the clans + the fact that none of the 'newly signed up' clans can start in division 1.

Those are called 'the rules'. :)

At first we had a whole other idea on how the divisions should be formed and which clan we should place where, but it's a good thing that someone reminded us of the fact that there were rules attached to make the most 'logical' decisions seem totally out of place if you look at the rules and league edition #1. Keep in mind that this is not a completely new league, it had to be a follow-up for the first one - that's why, in example, clans like Dip is in div1, quad in div3 and also the reason why MI is still in div1.

Bummer, I know - but now the clans have to show some steady progress and endurance to work their way up where they belong in this league-thingy. ;)
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Kiwii wrote: Alot of good things
True true.
Would have been fun to see what kind of havoc a resurrected CARE would cause. I can just imagine the whine as to whether CARE would be allowed to play or not, harrrrrr. But i didnt expect the signups to end so quicky, so i missed my shot at being a pain in the arse ;).

(double negative should have been in div2!.. or perhaps 1 even)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Peippo
joined the game

Post by Peippo »

divisions looks fine.. :)
tA^Peippo<br />
#tA^ - tuper Apinat at Qnet
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

It's completely understandable after reading the newspost- as I read if after checking out the seedings(wich would have looked abit different if I was in charge of it, even thou it's a follow up for the first season) wich suprised me. What's funny about that you silly flying dutchman!

Only thing I am missing is the idea I shared yesterday in the #aq2w.league channel. As we all know, this is something everyone (almost) wants to be a part of, especially the newly formed ones. Leaving some clans out due the the facts that they are either neverheard of or might be unstable clans (yes I read your explanation... don't hook yourself up on these words) that goes down in a matter of weeks is kind of, in my opinion, dumb. As this should be something the whole community is doing together - no-one should be left out.
I know you have to draw the line somewhere, but this way the 'untrustable' clans can't do anything to prove themselves worthy to join the league. Just hoping to attend the Season 3. Some clans might be closed down for the reason that they got rejected, who knows.

Anyway, I thought it could be a good idea to have a 'tryout-division' of some kind for the left out clans, maybe not now, just something to keep in concideration for the next season. That way everyone will get to play League games and no-one gets left out. And that is what everyone wants isn't it? The tryout-division or whatever anyone chooses to call it, would work just like any other division, just that they get promoted into the real division(s) for the next upcoming seasons. Clearly everyone won't make it as I believe some clans (even in the other divisions) will go down. This way everyone will atleast get a chance to prove themselves. Being in a league like this should be motivating enough to keep your clan going.

How would this work and who would set things up? Is said above, like a normal division. As I'm sure ALL clans won't last, only some would make it to a higher division for the next season. If it's enough, another divison could be made in the league. Findings admins for this shouldn't be a problem either, hell - even I would do it.

This might not work at all, but I think it's worth a shot atleast.
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

I agree with what you said Devirus, but people decided to play it rather safe than to be sorry later. Not only UNI had bad experiences with league edition numbero uno, but also the admins seemed to hate the fact that clans just come and go whether they like it or not - it's just difficult to deal with stuff like that after putting a lot of time and work into it. Therefor, as you called it, a trial league or some sort is actually a nice idea, but it would be even more work and it might be a risk and/or waste of time.

I know it's a bit unfair to leave clans out like that, but some of the clans (like x3o) have been hiring members to put on the clanprofile in the last minute just for the sake of participating and to have 'something' to do then that doesn't really give people the trust that they would be playing all the games in the league. (Perhaps it's a bit strict to be thinking like that, but most believe it is the best thing to do.) Other than that we, as being the admins we are, don't think they would've been a great addition to the league because former experiences from league numbero uno pointed out that clans like that are there for perhaps 2 or 3 games, but will eventually be sick of it and turn their back to it. Which is what we tried to prevent here by leaving out the clans who have a lot of potential to make the league into a laughing stock (again).

If you want to play in a league like this, then clans should be prepared for it and not make it seem like a last minute decision. It really is a lot of work to be getting where we are, so we just did what we think is best to do (for now.) If the clans, who were left out this league, are going to fold because we didn't let them in - then that just shows how stable they really are.
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

agreein with kiwii
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

It's so easy to criticize the choices the admins have made. They've done a good job arrangin this league and choosing the clans. We are in division 3 and if that's what the admins consider as a right place for us, then shall it be like that. Not everyone can be in div1. If you're unhappy with your division, then prove that's a wrong place for you and beat the crap out of your opponents and be in an upper div next season. That's the best way to show admins they've done a "wrong" decision.
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

http://forums.aq2world.com/viewtopic.php?t=1960

There's a reason for the seatings (read my post).

@ Devirus
The main reason so many clans were cut is: before everyone can start having fun we have to make a statement, leaving out any clans who might just show the tiniest bit of inconsistency. This should tell people that if they are not into this for the entire season they shouldn't sign up at all. Walkovers and clans folding is no fun at all, not for the admins or the clans affected by it.

Also, good post by Kiwii there - a lot of good points.
“Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.” - Revelation.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

I get it, and I agree with you guys. I was just laying out a suggestion/option. :)