AQ2w-league 2nd season.

Official forum of the first AQ2World League.

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

Stinger
joined the game

AQ2w-league 2nd season.

Post by Stinger »

Hey guys

I feel that I as an admin in the 2nd season of the AQ2w-league I have to shed some light on why and how we made some of our decisions. I do this knowing full well that not all of you will agree with the things we decided, but I also realise some of you may feel cheated (for whatever reason), and I wanted to present our take on this.

Seatings:
First, and understand this 'cause it the main reason for many of our decisions, this is the SECOND of the AQ2w-league - it's not a new league as I, for one, might having given the impression it would be.

This ment that in making the groups we wanted the clans who participated in last season to stay in their groups. Some clans would be promoted to higher groups and some would be demoted, as was the idea with the league in the first place, depending on how well they did last season.

After these clans had been placed in their respective groups we had to fill out the empty seats with new clans. A rule we had last season said no new clans could start in group1 in subsequent seasons. Because only M.I, OwN, }i{ and kokst remained from the first season we had to find a way to fill out group1 without introducing new clans who had not participated in the league last season. RAS has been closed and ft. decided not to participate this season, this ment iN and dip would advance from group2 to group1 this season to fill out the seats in group1.

This left UR, w/ and 5Q in group2, so we had to fill out the empty seats, which we did to the best of our ability. This ment ilmi, RA and lost will start in group2.

I could go on describing how we made every group like this, but I trust you get the idea?

This should explain why the seatings turned out this way. I'm sure some of you think some the clans don't deserve to be in the groups they are in, but you have to understand that over the course of a few seasons these groups will equalize, meaning the best clan will advance by winning their groups and undeserving clans will be demoted due to them losing their groups.

Exclusions:
Now, the clans we chose to exclude were excluded for various reasons. You have to understand that for this league to be successful we would have to make it consistent. Clans folding and giving out walkovers left and right is simply unacceptable. It's not fun for us admins having invested a lot of time in this, and it is disrespectful to both us and the clans you are scheduled to meet. This ment that clans with very few members would have to be excluded and clans we felt that have yet to prove their stability also. We were very strict doing this, which may have left some clans feeling cheated. All I can say is prove us wrong. Stay active untill next season. Get more members. Prove to us and the rest of the community you mean business!

All these things were done, because we felt an ongoing league would be much more fun than it starting over every season. This would bring more enjoyment to the community, though some may not see it yet :)

I feel we have been strict, but fair and I feel it was necessary for everyone to enjoy the league.

If any of you have questions, feel free to ask.
Last edited by Stinger on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.” - Revelation.
Stinger
joined the game

Post by Stinger »

DO'H!

This should have been posted in the AQ2World League forum. :lol:

Could some one please move it to the appropriate forum, thanks. :D

Done,
Morph :)
“Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.” - Revelation.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

I could go on describing how we made every group like this, but I trust you get the idea?

Actually, i would like to know how you made every group (and yeh i get the idea) ;)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Zan
is connecting

Re: AQ2w-league 2nd season.

Post by Zan »

Stinger wrote: This should explain why the seatings turned out this way. I'm sure some of you think some the clans don't deserve to be in the groups they are in, but you have to understand that over the course of a few seasons these groups will equalize, meaning the best clan will advance by winning their groups and undeserving clans will be demoted due to them losing their groups.
Exactly, sometimes in an ongoing league, undeserving teams might end on top, but they'll have to work hard to stay there. So if you think there is clans who shouldn't be in div 1. because they aren't good enough, if you are right, they won't be next season ;) aka. stop whine
Snitch, you can Run! But u can´t Hide!.......
stagi
is connecting

Post by stagi »

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
w/ stagy, alan miehiä.