Beach - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Beach - [NEW MAP]

Post by NRGizeR »

After alot of recompiling, tweaking and swearing at bugs, I finally have the final version of beach done. You can find shots and the zip archive at my homepage (http://www.nrgizer.com/maps.php?m=beach)

Please let me know what you think about it :)

Enjoy,
-NRG
Last edited by NRGizeR on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

Very impressive, I cant wait to try this in bigger action than today.
I see this is defenately your map from the looks of it, the way of implementation is somehow same as in zoo.

However I cant wait to test this @ cw or public server, it will rock.

Once again, good work NRG :-)
›› pauhi ››
Spill the blood of the fucking lamb
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

:hail:
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
MessiaH
is connecting

Post by MessiaH »

- G J -
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Awesome map. I like the lightning very much. Sound of a sea makes feel you fresh when you are standing near water. well done man, every your new map is really a holiday for aq2 comunity. Keep up the good work, hope its not your last map, not even 1 before last :P
Disza
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Disza »

Awesome map! Keep up the good work! :D
Mutu
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Mutu »

Not bad :)
· Catch-Gamer.no AQ2admin
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Goodie :) Need 2 get this map on the public servers
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Tupe23
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Tupe23 »

Goody.
Irc: Tupe23-<br /><br />
Sync' Tupe23 | #synchrony @Qnet<br /><br />
-Aq2 since 2003-
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Wow! That's a nice A+ for you, nrg! I hope we could play it soon on the servers..
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

pauhi wrote:Very impressive, I cant wait to try this in bigger action than today.
I see this is defenately your map from the looks of it, the way of implementation is somehow same as in zoo.
pauhi <3 :P Thanks for playtesting it as well, found a few bugs during that session :) I really didn't know that I had my own style, but since so many have made that comment about this map already I'll just have to take your word for it :P
Beavisss wrote:Awesome map. I like the lightning very much. Sound of a sea makes feel you fresh when you are standing near water. well done man, every your new map is really a holiday for aq2 comunity. Keep up the good work, hope its not your last map, not even 1 before last
This is actually the first map I've made (for aq2) that was this dark, and thus the first time I've really had a chance to do proper (outside) lighting, and I think it turned out pretty good actually, was somewhat hard to come up with different light fixture types, but it was really fun to make :)

I would really want to see it in bigger action as well, since the most players we had there were 4 (or maybe 5) I haven't seen how it plays with a decent player load. Hopefully it will appear on servers soon :D

Thanks for the input and the kind words, if you find something negative about it, I would like to hear that as well, so that I can bear that in mind the next time around (because I really think there will be a next map as well Beavisss :P)

Oh, Perditus also pointed out last night that I had forgotten to include the location file in the .zip, so if tng/beach.aqg is missing in the archive you downloaded, just redownload it, it's included now (no changes to the .bsp or anything else were made)
W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

Awesome.. all the maps you have done, until now, ive loved.. so dont stop making maps now ! :D keep going, gj
The colourblind
Sweet
found a way out

Post by Sweet »

very nice!
Sweet =A=
Zan
is connecting

Post by Zan »

yes, very nice. I like dark maps, keep em comming
Snitch, you can Run! But u can´t Hide!.......