Quake 4 released !

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Hmmm. The singleplayer really looks amazing. I mean, every aspect of it looks really really great. What I am really suprised about is how much multiplayer seems to lack. I don't judge from one review I have read and I don't judge by the 100's of previews I have read. But when reading almost everty review released saying the multiplayer is mediocre, then I become a but worried. I have seen a lot of clips, since a few months back. All of them looks okey, but not more. It looks a bit slower than overall quake standard and from the recent clips I have downloaded it looks like a bad copy of Quake3.

Let's head back to the positive aspects...
The mod makers must be excited to finally get into some serious work. Since the multiplayer lacks, they have great opportunity to release something and get a large community. I really hope to have an Action mod for this game. I wonder if RQ3 or AUT will gather around the table and give us Action Quake 4...

I really hope so, but from the last reply I got it didn't seem so.... :(
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i seriously hope they dont :(
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Den wrote:Are you really sure? i seriously doubt that ID doesnt support linux anymore..
I doubt that too, but from what I understand this isn't really ID's game anymore, it's Raven that has developed it. Just look at the directx requirements, kind of hard to meet those in linux :D
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

NRGizeR wrote:
Den wrote:Are you really sure? i seriously doubt that ID doesnt support linux anymore..
I doubt that too, but from what I understand this isn't really ID's game anymore, it's Raven that has developed it. Just look at the directx requirements, kind of hard to meet those in linux :D
You are wrong :) its still is an ID game and ID has been looking over Raven's shoulder all the time. d3 tech = opengl :) Like all id games, the linux versions will be released shortly after the game is released.

Oh yeh, i cant believe how much they optimized the engine. It runs so smooth on my machine at 1024*768 everything maxed.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Den wrote:You are wrong :) its still is an ID game and ID has been looking over Raven's shoulder all the time. d3 tech = opengl :) Like all id games, the linux versions will be released shortly after the game is released.

Oh yeh, i cant believe how much they optimized the engine. It runs so smooth on my machine at 1024*768 everything maxed.
Yeah, well I thought it was weird as well, because if ID would have done anything at all, it would have been the engine, and thus it should have linux support... I gather from what you wrote that you are fairly certain that there will be linux versions... I just read the "about section" on quake4game.com, and the last couple of lines say:

"Minimum System Requirements:
English version of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
..."

:) doesn't mention linux at all... Nor mac for that matter...

But I trust you that there will be a linux verison after all (Yay, id for the win!) :mrgreen:

Oh, and it's pretty interestin that according to that you won't be able to play the game unless you have an english windows :P
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Doom3 website says the same:
English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
But is there a d3 linux version?

Edit: Yes, there is :) And they really tried to create a decent mp thing so it would be weird to have only windows servers ;)
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Den wrote:Oh yeh, i cant believe how much they optimized the engine. It runs so smooth on my machine at 1024*768 everything maxed.
What kind of computer did you run that on?
Den wrote:Doom3 website says the same: But is there a d3 linux version
Heh, nice webmasters :P
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/05 ... 7233.shtml
gordon writes "linuX-gamers.net got an offical statemant from id Software's TTimo that Quake4 will be released for Linux too. Rresumably the Linux client will be delayed on or two weeks. Quake4 is the first game from id Software which will use a SDL backend for input and OpenGL."
;)
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Den wrote:i seriously hope they dont :(
i'm SURE that they won't.
rq3 it's a terrible flop, i don't think that they will waste time no more. and they're right, aq2 it's simply perfect,useless to try to improve it with new graphycs and so on. who cares? i really don't play action because it looks good :D:D:D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
gegoj

Post by gegoj »

WizardExt wrote:I really hope to have an Action mod for this game. I wonder if RQ3 or AUT will gather around the table and give us Action Quake 4...
I give them two weeks. One month at most.

p.s.
and I'm not talking about RQ3 and AUT teams, but about them.
everybody knows who they are.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge... ...and some just gargle...
WizardExt
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

gegoj wrote: I give them two weeks. One month at most.

p.s.
and I'm not talking about RQ3 and AUT teams, but about them.
everybody knows who they are.
I am not following, what do you mean? O_o
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

the A-team? :D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

:wink:
^stric^
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

hmpf, got it now.. installed it, but this afternoon i had the question to enter a cdkey, since mine wasnt valid.. where it was valid during the install. When i came home i tried again and now it gets frozen during "initializing menus" (it already passed "loading game") :(