Mjungle - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

SaLsA
was flattened

Mjungle - [NEW MAP]

Post by SaLsA »

Name: mjungle.bsp
Maker: me:)
Textures: original q2 ones
Size: 92KB (small map)
Type: jungle :shock:

Screens:
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... le32av.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... le18sc.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... le23wu.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... le44ih.jpg

It's not the best map around, it's not the biggest map around, but it's my first...

I introduce to you: mjungle!

When I made the map I was basicly thinking of deathmatch and/or 1on1's. That's the reason of the small size.
Not so many places too hide in, but the point of the map isn't hiding :)

hf, even if you don't think it's good :m00:
atleast check it out..

Link:
http://home.no.net/clandb/maps/mjungle.bsp

over'n'out
Image<",))><
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

unplayable
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

well, its good for the first map. But I think you should release such maps. Spend some more time to make something better.
my advice- dont release map untill you are statisfied of it. But as I said, its good for first time :)
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

This is a good example of a map that you should never ever under any cicumstances release... why would you? you can't really expect anyone to actually play this do you? three brushes, some water and a few spawn points, oh, almost forgot, there was a tree as well... I think anyone that has used a map editor even a little could produce a map more playable than this in less than 15 minutes... I mean, everyone has to start somewhere (and be sure we've all made maps like this) but you don't have to release stuff like this, you really don't...
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

dont waste this guy so fastly!! maybe it is his first map! :D (as my bro sayd)
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Twz
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Twz »

its good too be your first map, use more time when you do the maps :hop: , i think you can be a nice maper then :)
SaLsA
was flattened

Post by SaLsA »

okok

i wont release any more maps like this.. they shall all be much better... I PROMISE

(like torabora. rooftops and so on)
Image<",))><
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

more mappers shows up every day. I know 2 ppl who started to build maps for last 2 days. Not sure that both of the will release anything, but thats great that ppl wants to build maps. Remember 1 year ago. How much mappers were releasing their maps. I can remember many of them. Even n99's map making competition was something great, since people wanted more new maps. Now we have more than 5 active mappers. And i am god damn glad :)

Keep up map making business, dont drop it. :)
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

Well, i think im the only one who would enjoy playing a map like that for a while. As other people say. Nice as a first map. I have only one thing to say. Keep up the good work.
Eidt: After playing it a little im quite sad about you cant hide anywhere. Maybe some boxes will be fine.
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

v34: boxes where? from the screens i only saw water and some high things...
Sweet
found a way out

Post by Sweet »

ok.
Sweet =A=
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

Janner wrote:v34: boxes where? from the screens i only saw water and some high things...
On the top of the high things.
eLDORADO
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by eLDORADO »

Hmm, nice first try, but its way to small....
but keep tryin tough :)
Well, so is your mother.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Uumm... Please don't get me wrong, it's good to se more mappers starting out, but mapping is one thing that you can't expect that you will master quickly, by any means... there are many people out there that have a more artistic eye than I have, and they have struggled as well... especially since mapping doesn't only include artistical elements, but also technical and tactical. I really hope you don't stop mapping, because it looks like you're on the right path, but in a community that has over 500 (more?) released maps, take care that you don't flood us with even more maps when you don't consider them that good yourself.

The first map will always be something that I look back in horror on, but I did put in a shitload of work to get it done (mxcity, if you want a good laugh :P) and the first release has to come sometime... and it would have been nice to see first release by you in about a month, and with a "real" map. I'm sure that that would have been better than mxcity as well, and loads better than mjungle.

This is, as far as I'm concerned anyway, a test map that one makes to try out the different functions in the editor and compilers...

Hope that comment came out better than the first one :) I really don't want to discourage you from making more maps...
HcPeura
was flattened
In-game Name: Memoria

Post by HcPeura »

he got farther than me on making a map. :E oh man,gg's. but i wont dl it. doesnt seem so playable
[e] Memoria #extacy