AQ2W-League 3rd season?

Official forum of the first AQ2World League.

Moderators: Moderators, AQ2World League Admins

BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Clown wrote:...then they should be good in every situation.

Like me.
coff coff HAHAHAHHAHAHAH coff coff

:lol:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

i think the third map should be a classic map, urban/2/3, teamjungle, cliff2, cloud...etc.

that must be the most fair maps since everyone been playing them for several years on public servers.
still new maps can work too, but then, some clans use the new maps as homemaps then they got major advantage, atleast no one can tell me they have not played "urban/2/3, teamjungle, cliff2, cloud" a thousand times
bail{UNi}
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

There is clan that have old maps as there own. cloud(uni) Riot(Apr) cliff2(alot of clans)

So to bad there will be the same thing...

a mixed pool? :suspicious: ( Rok, Riot, cloud, Time, urban2 wfall, beach, revolution, toraboa)
ahhh well there is no perfect way. I think the leagueadmins have some thinking to do =) .
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
bail

Post by bail »

thats true, so why not just pick one map as the third map.
like urban2, what i know no clan have u2 as homemap or maybe teamjungle.

in my opinion that is as fair as it can get, no clan got advantage on a map like u2 or tj.

there must be a reason why no clan got those maps as homemap?
bail{UNi}
condome
joined the game

Post by condome »

Maybe really mixed pool with old and new maps.

And 2 clans when time comes for 3d map, eliminate map from pool picking one by one, and last standing map played?
When someone spits you in the back — it means you’re ahead!
bail

Post by bail »

well atleast you know how it would be if i was making the rules 8)
but one thing i think everyone will agree on is if a clan play cloud and cloud is in the mappool they are not allowed to pick cloud as third map.
that would ruin the whole point with the third map and mapwins in generall.
bail{UNi}
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Hardly the same thing angra, as everyone who did not start playing aq2 yesterday most likely has played the older maps and can play them with their eyes closed. Having a certain map as homemap doesn't mean you know it better than everyone else - if it's a wellknown map that has been played for ages. But having a new one that came out '2 weeks ago' amd been downloaded by 2 clans, actually is rather unfair. You have to get the picture? If not, ask someone to explain it to you.

The best thing to do is to use the old NAQL-system, without a doubt. Or changing the roundtimelimit to 1-2. But still, at one point or another, camping will be there wether you like it or not. It's up to each and every player how he/she wants to play the game. The only thing you can do to prevent it is to disconnect. The camping just hasnt been noticed as much befor as it has now, as we havent had many leagues and tournaments like this, with "oh pls, we want green cw-pages" people.
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

NAQL FTW :)

-Alex
Hapid00!!
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

3rd map out of a pool? rofl why dont we start with 3rd map? division = clans with "same" skill. So every clan is expectated to win their homemap. We could save time and it would be easier to start with the poolmap.
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

IBA wrote:3rd map out of a pool? rofl why dont we start with 3rd map? division = clans with "same" skill. So every clan is expectated to win their homemap. We could save time and it would be easier to start with the poolmap.
Good point :) but clans have good and bad days so you could win the opponents maps.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

What if we use pick script on irc for 3rd map? :P We make tihrd map pool list and then script picks one map out :<
^stric^
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

i think mapwins suck ass.. you could usually skip the first two ones :/

Last time we played vs sC we easily won our map, but we knew they would win the %%. So... we had play 20 bored minutes on mesto untill we finally got in the 3rd map. Quite Lame. And if It doesnt even give you an advantage to win more rounds on your map (random 3rd map).. wtf?
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
herty
plummets to its death

Post by herty »

In my opinion naql rules would be the most interesting and fair and if I was an admin I would give them a shot if there is going to be the third season.

Offtopic:
According to the first post by nufan, we (=UNi) did the right decision by not joining this season.
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

Here is a crazy idea.

The clan who has won the most rounds when all matches have been played is the division winner. Since the divs's are pretty equal there shouldnt be too many 50-2 games.

And it would prevent homemap camping since you need the rounds to climb up the table.

i havent thought it through, but everyone else here seem to be brainstorming, so i figured i would join in.
The force is with you young Skywalker, But you are not a Jedi Yet
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Alfredo wrote:Here is a crazy idea.

The clan who has won the most rounds when all matches have been played is the division winner. Since the divs's are pretty equal there shouldnt be too many 50-2 games.

And it would prevent homemap camping since you need the rounds to climb up the table.

i havent thought it through, but everyone else here seem to be brainstorming, so i figured i would join in.
Im sure ppl with slow homemaps will love this idea.... NOUTISS ZE IRONAY
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo