Has fair-play become a relic of the past?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Span
sank like a rock

Has fair-play become a relic of the past?

Post by Span »

It seems that there are far too many maps played these days that has ever seen the light on a public server and probably never will either. For a semi-active clan, this makes it more or less impossible to learn how to play each and every one of these. I know variation is good sometimes, but at least give us semi-actives a chance. I'm very excited about new maps and kudos to all map-makers out there, but I would love for them to be put public first, so that we can get to know them before we are thrown into the fire unprepared.

Just a humble plea.
"fifan va lätt!"
antihero
is connecting

Post by antihero »

Yeah! It's a safe loss to play versus a clan that got a "new" map as home map. You just don't know where to hide or run before they shot you in the ass. Maybe for the last 3 min you can get a small grip on the map.. But then it's just too late....
Feel the power
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

whine at the server admins :)

If you got a solid team it shouldnt be a problem to learn new maps.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Den wrote:whine at the server admins :)

If you got a solid team it shouldnt be a problem to learn new maps.
We don't. :)

Last month I think we played around 7 CWs or so. When we're finally enough players to do one, we don't want to waste an oppurtunity to have fun on doing something as serious as practising maps or tactics :?
"fifan va lätt!"
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

They said they were semi-active. I suppose you could call Quadaver semi-active too. We've played 0 matches in the past month :)
When we chose icity as a home map, it was after we played another team on it as their home map. It just happened to be so new that nobody played it on publics. Now it's in some rotations out there, what's the excuse for losing to us on it now? :)
I don't give a shit.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Clown wrote:They said they were semi-active. I suppose you could call Quadaver semi-active too. We've played 0 matches in the past month :)
When we chose icity as a home map, it was after we played another team on it as their home map. It just happened to be so new that nobody played it on publics. Now it's in some rotations out there, what's the excuse for losing to us on it now? :)
ping ? D:
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

Span has a point.

Seems like clans are desperately trying to pick maps which nobody has played just so that they can win. [RR] is one of the clans I respect the most, and others should show some respect to them and other semi-active clans aswell to make the clanwars more enjoyable for both parts.

I don't find it fun to win with +20 and I doubt others with the slightest hint of pride do either.
I like to play games, not watch them
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

Clown wrote:Now it's in some rotations out there,...
And that's how I like it :)

Played it a few times on public, gotten to like it and it's a great map. Wouldn't mind playing it in a CW :)
Flunx wrote:Seems like clans are desperately trying to pick maps which nobody has played just so that they can win. [RR] is one of the clans I respect the most, and others should show some respect to them and other semi-active clans aswell to make the clanwars more enjoyable for both parts.
Always a pleasure to play you too, Flunx :) iN has always been one of the most fair clans in the community.
Last edited by Span on Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"fifan va lätt!"
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

so you know all the old maps then? cos ill bet that there are a lot more old maps u dont know than new ones...we play tequila and simplicity and you would be surprised how many clans have simplicity but not tequila
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

fuct wrote:so you know all the old maps then? cos ill bet that there are a lot more old maps u dont know than new ones
I wasn't taking a swing at new maps. As I said; I'm very excited about new maps.
"fifan va lätt!"
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

i think you missed my point...yours was that clans are deliberatly picking NEW maps cos people dont know them...I said that there are more old maps that people dont know
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

fuct wrote:i think you missed my point...yours was that clans are deliberatly picking NEW maps cos people dont know them...I said that there are more old maps that people dont know
This is what I said:
Span wrote:It seems that there are far too many maps played these days that has ever seen the light on a public server and probably never will either.
As you can see, I don't mention NEW maps in particular. I do go on to state that I'm excited about new maps later, but obviously they were never the primary focus of my text.
"fifan va lätt!"
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

say it....

TEAMJUNGLE NON STOP!

on every server! O_o
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

jahaha =) tj wins
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Why I'm not surprised this thread came out right after you played against us (cSu) :p It's your own problem if you haven't played the map before some clanwar. You don't need a public server to know the map, just look around it in offline mode or maybe even practise it with your clanmates on some server. I've never complained about playing some new map first time in a clanwar, though I've always played the map offline by myself and got some picture how it will work in a clanwar.
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading