New standard for the EAQL

Here you can look up the old topics of the ESAQL and the Nations Cup.

Moderator: Moderators

Deimos

New standard for the EAQL

Post by Deimos »

Due to the numbers of admins that we currently have, we decided to do the following thing:

All games will be played without a match admin.

If 1 on the 2 clans suspects the opponent of cheating and refuses to play without an admin, the match will be played at the time the admin wishes.

All captains will record demo's of all games they play for the eaql, we will make an upload section so they can upload it for us. The demo must be named clanvsclandate.dm2

All players will make 2 screenshots of each map they play within the EAQL.

If we don't recieve the demo's or the screenshots we asked for the clan that failed to do so, will be disqualliffied for this season.

We will also try to make a form where you can put the end score in it, this must be done by both captains.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

We have to upload all our demos? I thought you didn't have enough admins, cuz if you really are gonna watch all the demos... that's like 10 players x 20 minutes x 2 maps = 400 minutes. Can't you just better put an admin on the game ;)

It might be a good idea to force everyone to record a demo and that they only have to upload it somewhere when the opponent thinks its needed.
*hali*
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

only give the demos to the admins when there are problems.. dont think the admins have so much time to view them all
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

but 2 pics each map ?

who is going to take them ? According to me its really easy to forget something like that... and for that the clan will be disqualified ?

There are like what ? 20 clans... for that u need 3-4 active admins or maybe 2 super active... cause its about 10 matches a week.

Its much simplier if there is an admin who can take care of screenshots and stuffs like that.

After the 1st week of ur league atleast 3 clans will be disqualified for not taking screenshots. But jeje, u are the admins.

-Arild
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Yea and now you have to make the screenshots yourself... I think I'm gonna make some textures transparant and make the screenshots of the other side of the map! :roll:
*hali*
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Make it like this..

It is not compulsary to take demos. It is, however, compulsary to give a demo when asked for it. This may be in the case that the opponent is complaining, or something. So dont make a demo at your own risk :roll:

If the player in question cannot provide a demo for a certain match, then he cannot play in the next two matches. If he can't provde a demo for a certain match again, he is banned for the competition. Again, this is only in case of complaints.

Screenshots of scores will be definite. Screenshots taken by an admin MUST also be submitted to the admin.

I like the rule about play without admin if both clans agree, or if they want an admin they have to play at a time suitable for us.

Or something... Discuss.
I don't give a shit.
TrueTom
is connecting

Post by TrueTom »

I'd say that getting admins won't be the biggest problem. There is always qualyfied volienters.

The problem is that all admins are requierd at the same time, since all clans want to play their match on the sunday at 20:00, Thats why there isn't enough admins.

If all clans tried to spread out their matches, only a couple of admins would be enough.

Without admins on the games, their will be whining and accusasing.

//True Tom
//TT
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Clans wouldn't be happy with a 'shit' time slot either :/

Maybe it can be first come first serve? The earlier you book the admin, the better time you can have...?
I don't give a shit.
Dunadanen
is connecting

Post by Dunadanen »

I really hope nocheat 2.34 will be requested... That will solve a lot of problems
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

it will

always the newest nocheat will be required for the match

so if for example.. 2.35 will be released around 14.00 in the afternoon.. and u play around 20.00 - u have 2 use 2.35 ;)
Dennus
joined the game

Post by Dennus »

That sucks johan, cuz if you dont had tiem to update you cant play? and what about the servers where you only can play with nocheat 2.34?
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

well, it takes around 5 minutes to update your nocheat. If you don't have 5 spare minutes you're living a quite stressed life :P
fell in love with the game
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Dennus wrote:That sucks johan, cuz if you dont had tiem to update you cant play? and what about the servers where you only can play with nocheat 2.34?

well if u dont even have 2 minutes 2 install it?

then we will start 20.05 ;)
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

It takes about 1 minute at most to upgrade your NoCheat client. It upgrades itself whenever an upgrade is available, so you actually can't join the server without updating, unless you're behind some mofo proxy like I am. :roll:

And to the thing about servers requiring a specific version of NoCheat, I thing it is a very bad idea, and the server admins should wait till a new version of NoCheatServer is released.
Wolfeh
joined the game

Post by Wolfeh »

:!:

we had a problem once that a new nocheat came out, the server still used the old one, you get kicked because of no proper nocheat.

do the servers have the same options as the players, that it updates automaticly on resetting the server? or have the server admins to udate the server theirselves? maybe a little point to think about :wink:
RaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaR!