^J Mod returns...

PaTMaN's ^J Mod for Action Quake II (http://patman.has.it).

Moderators: PaTMaN, Moderators

PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I fixed the listing of files for flist for Linux, but then noticed I didn't update trail and marker filename formats for 1.21... so I need to fix that also. I should be able to get the flist stuff fixed up for both Windows and Linux tomorrow, or later tonight by my time... I need to stop putting off my homework :lol: I should also be able to get in some little fixes/updates. I'll release this as V1.22 and put off the multi-puppet addition till V1.23 instead of people waiting on these little fixes until then.

EDIT: I will get V1.22 out soon, but I've ran into some more bugs that need fixed.
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

:hail: PaTMaN
I like you can shoot the Puppet while its playing. That makes me Practise shooting. (;
sanity
was in the wrong place

Post by sanity »

darn you work hard!
excellent work and keep it coming!
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Thanks guys.

A little update... I don't know why but I just can't get around this one spectator mode bug. It might be because the code has gotten very messy after the addition of spectating puppets. I feel that fixing it now wouldn't do much good since I would have to update the code for multiple puppets afterwards. This would end up with me rewritting most the the code, so I have plans to rewrite the spectator mode from scratch to make it more robust and be able to support multiple puppets. I was thinking I could get it out soon as a fix for the current bug, and and then an update for v1.23, but again I am getting bogged down with college work. So I plan on releasing V1.22 with the spec mode bug still there instead of putting off these new fixes until later just because of this one little bug (which is just your last spec target not being kept, if it was a puppet, on a full +attack cycle).
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

^J Mod V1.22 is out! Now that I got these little fixes taken care of, the next version will take some time to do. There will be some hefty updates and it will be well worth the wait though!
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

:bday:

Code: Select all

Timelimit hit.
Next map in rotation is .
=====================================================
Segmentation Fault
=====================================================
There are maps in jmodmaplist.txt but ... :hop:
^stric^
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Ya... I never did testing with a map rotation set. Rather I used map voting for changing maps. I'll have to fix that up for next version I guess. Set timelimit to 0 to stop the map from automatically changing. The jmodmaplist.txt file is just a file to put names of maps in if you know you have them but ^J Mod doesn't see them on the drive (most likely in a .pak file). It isn't a map rotation listing.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Yes I'm still alive.... just working slowly on the project because my classes are beating me down. I'm still working on the multiple puppet stuff. It is requiring quite an overhaul of the coding. Currently, I have 16 puppet commands alone planned out, need to rewrite a lot of the puppetdemo stuff, and need to rewrite the spectator mode. I also have some cool ideas, but I'm not sure if I can pull them off yet. We'll see in the future!
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I've got some little presents for everyone. They are some demos of me testing out stuff. The knives one is the best :) Note that these demos are of testing, which means they aren't final release material... there are bugs but you might not notice them.

http://patman.byethost6.com/aq2/jmod/ex ... hoot_1.rar
http://patman.byethost6.com/aq2/jmod/ex ... hoot_2.rar
http://patman.byethost6.com/aq2/jmod/ex ... e_test.rar

I'm hanging on a few small bugs right now in the mod. Once I get past these though, I can really get a lot of good coding in. I'm looking forward to it and I hope you are too!
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

LOOOL :bday:
^stric^
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

There's so many of me!

Great stuff, those massive knife throws are almost art :o
Stumby
is connecting

Post by Stumby »

Can you make so that he puppets die when theyre hit by the falling knives, that would be cool :rambo:
be the ball
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Actually I plan to bring back death to the puppets. I'm keeping in mind that people use this mod to make movies too, so death has to be in there. I plan to keep things defaulting to a jumper's needs, but also adding in the extra stuff for movies. I've got a lot of commands planned out for modifying puppets. For example, one is for setting whether or not a puppet can die, and another is respawning a dead puppet. I've planned out a command for almost every aspect that exists for real players.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

PaTMaN wrote:Actually I plan to bring back death to the puppets. I'm keeping in mind that people use this mod to make movies too, so death has to be in there. I plan to keep things defaulting to a jumper's needs, but also adding in the extra stuff for movies. I've got a lot of commands planned out for modifying puppets. For example, one is for setting whether or not a puppet can die, and another is respawning a dead puppet. I've planned out a command for almost every aspect that exists for real players.
Thats nice and so true... I`d like to see a cvar which plays puppets/players animations stored in md2 ;) Example: puppetplayframes walk1(or defined with numbers) or pplay_sequence death0 etc... :< Just an IDEA, ok :D

Keep it up!!
^stric^
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

That should be possible. I'll write it down.