Glue- and Tuttus(?)

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Relaxa men, there are 2 guys whining about (some) Finnish players, but still certain people start talking about a ".fi vs rest" war. I'm not Finnish I guess, so I'm part of the "rest" then? I've also seen Terro and Chron defending the Finnish statements, but still, I guess they are rest aswell? See, it's so easy to generalize; for "both" sides.

Anyway, I do think it's a kind of problem for this "community" tho. Finland got enough clans to keep playing matches within their own country, and I don't think it's a problem for Swedish clans to play on Finnish servers either. They got it all set up great tbh, I wish we had so many players/clans/servers/ around here aswell, but unfortunately we don't...
Ofourse most people can understand the Finnish point of view, but that doesn't change anything for the other countries like Norway, Denmark, Holland and Germany, who mainly got the choice between playing 2x at a high ping server, playing the same clans all the time or not playing at all.
I think most clans/players are still addictive enough to choose the first and second option, but there are enough players who chose for the last option. I think we can say it's kinda "killing" the non-fi scene, no matter how understandable it is, while there are only just a few clans left.

But luckily there are still many clans willing to play 1 each, which I'm very thankful for ofcourse!
Last edited by Kurupt on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
*hali*
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

I am one of those choosing the third method that Kurupt spoke about. I'd never play a clan 2x .fi since it ain't fair (huh? Yea, simple as that.). And about that comfort of not changing a server after one map, Imeiz mentioned: well, how much effort does it take to change to another server? One or two minutes if both opponents are at IRC?

I am thankful for all clans that played 1 each and even had the patience to choose another server than their own just to check that the opponent's ping is playable (that is imho: under 90/100 and without lag). Those clans really figured out that point behind 1 each - namely having a match with (nearly) equal conditions for each of the two teams, so that both sides (and not only oneself) may have fun. These clans therefore earned my respect.

-L0ki out
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

nemesis wrote:
Masa^ wrote:mm1-smileyflood
I've been wondering this same thing, whats the idea of doing this, can't you just SHUT THE FUCK UP? This is not targeted to any person or nationality but to every fucktard doing it. Retarded.
:)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Liima
is connecting

Post by Liima »

yes it was gl_nobind 1 :santa:
sescrew
sank like a rock

Post by sescrew »

First of all im glad for every respons i got, i got a second view wich i wouldnt have since im egoistic :rambo: secondly; Im not saying i understand WHY we gotta play 2xfin (and yes we GOTTA cuz when no other clan is around we got no other choose, and thats a bommer that .fin have to play 2xthier own!) So i would be thrilled if people would try to be "civilized" enuff and fair to go and use thoose 2 extra min on chaning the server making it a fair game for both parties!
Thirdly; Its not that i/we got 10-15 higer ping its the principel!

GG people lets end the decisson here !
Last edited by sescrew on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
{MOB} For Life
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

I wasnt reading all posts in this thread, so I just write what I think about haur's words.
1) you cant blame all .fi ppl for what 2 guys did.
2) I agree that aq2admins should ban users who abuse servers in such way. I've been facing such opponents. When they've killed whole our team with rcon command.
3) Voting system ftw.
indey
plummets to its death

Post by indey »

I dont have the time nor the will to read one more stupid bullshit world vs .fi discussion/thread, so ill just state what i think about bringing this shit on again and again.

Yes, this time, the reason things went fucked up was cos of a .fi guy, well, we have the biggest scene, so it wouldnt be a miracle even if it was usually the .fi guy who gets ppl angry, etc.

But im getting SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SHIT, and as a guy who lives in finland and has the biggest active AQ2 scene, it is VERY likely that soon, atleast if this world vs .fi whine continues like it has been going for sometime, i will not play any foreing guy again.

Since i play so little of AQ2 nowadays, that when i play, i can choose a guy/clan i allready know, that i dont have to lag with when i play against, and if i dont find one, i dont play.

Have fun with your "international aq2 scene", and lag, i will play with my 20ms ping and with the friends i know that can just play for the fun of it and stop the laming.

You guys can challenge your loysy-ping clanwars all that u want, from your "international aq2 scene" probably about as big as the finnish scene itself.

*hell yea i was pissed when writing this*

Nuff said, i will stay and wait for the next .fi vs world threads, and after that i will delete my account from aq2world.com and forget all this BS, and just play with my friends.
Synchrony - www.huhtimo.com/sync
#Synchrony - @ QuakeNET
Aq2 with attitude.
Prinsii
was in the wrong place

Post by Prinsii »

lol wtf indey :P
Love is the only solution.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Oh my.. i cant believe i missed this thread and a player like you indey shouldnt get mad about something like this ;)

My advice for you 2x .fi and no 2x .fi ppl - FIND LOVE! Why can't we all just get along
Terro wrote:What kwaakers do is due to their personalities, not their nationalities eh (moral cake #1! 8D)
:hail:
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know