New movie: Longer, Bigger, Better, More fast paced!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

VIDAR
found a way out

Post by VIDAR »

soon my friend. soon 8)
- Kill The Idealist -
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

kinda liked it :)
better then last.. so keep up :)
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

decent enough movie, better than your last. I quite enjoyed it and i can see ur making good progress... 3 should be great :)
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

lovely movie, you can see the progress you made after your first movie, good job!

There was one thing that annoyed me, every time you hit these knifes (almost every time), you get that spam in the console where you want to pick your special weapon and cant find all these other weapons. Therefore you cant see where you hit the knife most likely, besides the spam of the weapons you dont have itselfs. I've also mentioned it last time, but that time it didnt annoy me as much as in this movie. But have you ever tried this instead?

Code: Select all

bind key "use special"
Oh, and also i found it funny to see that there were other people using the same sniper rifle. Ive been using this one since 2000 or so and i've never seen anyone else using it before.. its the best sniper skin around! :)
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

VIDAR wrote:soon you will be on "flunx level" with the knife :m00:
Far away from Uncle :hop: :hop:
sescrew
sank like a rock

Post by sescrew »

Gj'z Pahui duden, some sick knives and that hs at cloud was sweeetness!

Some more effect would be nice, if ur gonna make a even longer movie it'll be vital for the viewers attetion!

Nice job keep em commin
{MOB} For Life
Sweet
found a way out

Post by Sweet »

Nice knife frags! :rambo:
Sweet =A=
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

Damnit, pauhi, you've learned a lot in the last time. To quote yourself:
pauhi wrote:About the effects.. I dont know how to do them! But I'll learn before releasing next movie ;)
That was on January 13th, twosix. Good job on improving your skills, lad.

I honour that with some more detailed feedback from my side:

You've managed to give the whole movie a comic style, which I personally really liked. You do this not only by using comic-alike video effects (SPLATTER!) but by using bloodsplatter effect, celshading & a comic styled scope for example. Well done, that was a point I was missing on your last movie - the overall theme.
The speeding effects were more present than in your last video, but there's still need for improvement in my mind. Some very nice frags were still to fast and therefore not visualized enough. You've done a fragmovie what actually means that you wanna present your frags. Keep that in the back of your mind while editing a movie. :->
The worst point of your movie was the lack of sound effects. You've done so with your "headshots" (which were well placed but maybe too loud for my personal taste). Sound effects do some serious work in drawing the viewer's attention into the action.
I enjoyed your replay since it was an alternation to the rest of the fragscenery, but you could have visualized that replay better. Take a look at sport replays for example (just do so). See how they work with zoom & slow motion and try to figure out why they do so.

Sorry for mainly mentioning the negative points here. I want to a.) motivate you doing further movies and improve your skills, and b.) give ya some hints on doing better movies. Afterall I enjoyed watching your movie.

Now: go ahead, give us some more. :->

Thx (for that movie).

-L0ki
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

downing.

Really nice movie :)

too lazy to post my positive impressions, so here are the critics:
-more 3rd person please :( would have been great if you showed a closer camera at the double ssg headshot... maybe a perspective from the side, moving beside the both players while they gib... those frags still have a big potential. Or make a cameraflight following a knife ;)
-music way better as in the last soundtrack, and it fits well to the movie, but a lil more rhythmic one makes a movie more exciting

Definetly enjoyed it tho, and its quite nice to see all the new moviemakers popping up ;)
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
cloN
joined the game

Post by cloN »

Nice. :)