V1.23 Status Log - Released

PaTMaN's ^J Mod for Action Quake II (http://patman.has.it).

Moderators: PaTMaN, Moderators

PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Well I couldn't find a way around this skin problem yet, so I'm going to be letting it go for now and coming back to it later. I'm starting work on making puppet's killable now.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Added the ability for puppets to have items (not all of them full coded yet though). Added puppet health settings. I'm currently working out bugs in the puppet damaging code. I'm on spring break now back at home, so this could be good or bad coding wise.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

:tup: puppet ftw!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

:tup: fuppet ftw
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I was having too much fun today testing out killing puppets, so I decided to record some of my mischief :rambo:

http://patman.byethost6.com/aq2/jmod/ex ... _demos.zip
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

PaTMaN wrote:I was having too much fun today testing out killing puppets, so I decided to record some of my mischief :rambo:

http://patman.byethost6.com/aq2/jmod/ex ... _demos.zip

lol :D
When the dove came..
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Puppets can use the laser now, though it doesnt affect weapon accuracy yet. I'm currently working out bugs with puppet health and some movement issues.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I had an idea on how I could speed coding up, and that ended with a big mess and it didn't work out as planned. Luckily I saved the source code prior to this and reloaded it. What I was trying to do was merge the puppet into the real player functions. It seemed like it would work but I think I just did too much stuff too fast and I ended up not knowing what I really did. I'm back on track with my usual methods for coding the puppets now. I'll be adding bleeding in for the puppets next to hopefully get past the health issues I was having. This could also solve a movement issue since I now realize why it is happening.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

PaTMaN wrote:I had an idea on how I could speed coding up, and that ended with a big mess.
^^ speedy coding usually does that :) backups ftw ;)
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Well spring break is over and I'm back at the dorm and just about settled in. As some of you may know, I had my 21st birthday last thursday so work on ^J Mod hasn't gotten anywhere since then. I've got to catch up on homework for my online classes and then I can get back to work with this.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Finally got back to work on ^J Mod...
Fixed puppet frame problems. Fixed puppet damage problems. Puppets can now bleed. Working out bugs with puppet bandaging.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Fixed up puppet bandaging. Puppets can perform reloads (though it doesn't affect ammo count since there is no ammo). Fixed the fast knife throwing bug caused by removing reloading. Added in command to make puppets shoot. Right now you can only make a puppet shoot once per command. I'll probably change the command so you can specify how many shots to shoot, maxed out per weapon clip max of course. I thought about adding back in ammo usage for puppets, but I think that will just be a damn hassle in the end when doing some firefight scripting. I'm currently working through all the weapons for reloading, shooting, and switching.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

:tup: getting better & better.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Got some more updates in. Puppets can fire the mp5, akimbo, m4, shotgun, hc, knife, and pistol so far. Fixed a major slowdown with puppet aim following. Puppets can now activate doors, platforms, and buttons like players.
I've also got some ideas down for the new puppet demo system, mainly for file format and reading/writing. I'm planning on making it so that when updating the code, backwards compatibility isn't an issue. In its current coding, reading a puppet demo file is a maze of backwards compatibilty coding.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

what about the skins man ;)