V1.23 Status Log - Released

PaTMaN's ^J Mod for Action Quake II (http://patman.has.it).

Moderators: PaTMaN, Moderators

PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I have almost no time to work on ^J Mod now, as you might have noticed from no updates for a while. But, I will try my best to release my final ^J Mod update by June 19, along with the source code. I also plan on releasing the multi-puppet build along with its source and my update and bug logs, though it will be unsupported and has many bugs.

I can't promise I will make all this happen by June 19, but I am setting it as a goal.

I've looked into opening a sourceforge open source project for the quake2 movie maker mod, but I don't have the time to even start the project. If somebody else wants to start it, that's fine. You can come to me for coding help but I can't be a driving force behind it.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

So I've finally got time to start working on this... well... i'm actually cutting time away from my real job but whatever :shock:

Just finished up the bugs in the new puppetdemo controls. Smoothing on movement of the puppet when playing in a speed less than 1x used to be choppy, and then there was a problem which could make the puppet do a near 360 degree spin due to a math flaw (making a small turn into a very large turn). The new stuff is really nice and clean, both in the game and in coding... so I'm happy about that. I'm thinking about adding in a "prewind" function which will play the puppetdemo in reverse, instead of having to pause it and do psstep- a lot of times. Speaking of stepping, steps are now taken at the speed the demo is playing. Before, steps would only be taken at full speed jumps (1x), even if you had the demo slowed down to 0.1x.

Added HUD menu
Loaded puppet demo is no longer unloaded when failing to load a new demo with fload
Added fdelete command to delete .pdm, .jloc, and .trail files specified. The syntax is the same as fload's.
Fixed a very stupid bug with loading trails from puppetdemos... the first coordinate on any line in the puppetdemo had to be a positive number in order for the trail coordinate to load. This is why some trails would load only certain parts, if any at all.

Btw, I've got quite a day tomorrow... only going to be able to work on the mod from 20:00 an on. I'm not saying I won't meet my goal, but its going to be a stretch.

I have 1 more major bug fix to do, 1 more update, cleanup of the code, and then I'm updating the documentation. This will be done tomorrow sometime.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Fixed coming out of spectator mode messing with your ability to activate triggers, be shot, and go into team jump mode.
Can now specify a clean amount when loading trails from trail files or puppet demos. Clean amount ranges from 0-10, 0 being no clean. To get an idea of how the clean affects the trail, the rough formula is (total_nodes / (clean+1)). So a clean level of 1 will result in a trail with half the amount of nodes, which, even up to a clean level of 3, still looks good.

I just thought up another idea that might be helpful for this mod. It is the same as the "man" command in linux. I'm thinking I will put in the command and its functionality, and have it read from a .txt file for info. This way, you won't need to recompile the source to add comments to commands or examples. Also this way, I can release the mod and write the manual after.

"man" command implemented
usage: man <keyword>
file syntax:
[keyword]
text goes here
and can be multiple lines

and even spaces
[keyword2]
here's another
.... blah blah blah

SO... that is all my updates i'm doing... now i just have to update the documentation, final compile it for windows and linux, and then I can get to writing the man file. BUT right now I have to go to work, so this will all come later.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Ya so... check the main ^J Mod forum for the news post :bday: