General Suggestion/Bug Reporting Thread

PaTMaN's ^J Mod for Action Quake II (http://patman.has.it).

Moderators: PaTMaN, Moderators

PaTMaN
^J Mod

General Suggestion/Bug Reporting Thread

Post by PaTMaN »

Submit your suggestions here
Last edited by PaTMaN on Wed May 24, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Implement lens command from TNG.
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

AssKick3r wrote:Implement lens command from TNG.
i guess that also you sayd "wtf!" while trying to change from lens1 to lens2 to headshot bots :D

btw, he's right.
;)
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

Insert some kind of "Skin-changer" or something, so you can swich between blue-red , red-blue.. as i know many folks do around here :sleep: ;)

That would be so nice... and it wouldnt be any cheat or so ? cus everyone could play against the skin that they see as most clearest at the map, guees thats funniest, i think.. since i just got my test results back, green,red,brown = mostly same shit, and blue,purple, some white :)

So! do us a favor u coders out there! :)
The colourblind
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

AssKick3r wrote:Implement lens command from TNG.
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

About the skins, just type skin "male/ctf_r" for example. That won't change the skin of the already existing puppets, but the ones spawned after the change will.
But I figure... this ain't LTK, there ain't "bots". It's just a puppet from yourself, sometimes doing what you did. No bots here. I think you are confused.

I will post if any suggestion pops up.
Ne quid nimis.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Added the lens command to the update list.

There are no restrictions on model/skin changes. You can change your skin as much as you want and to anything. Like Caracol said, puppets take on the skin you had when you spawned them. Changing your skin after that will not affect the puppet's skin. You will be able to issue a command to change a spawned puppet's skin in the future though.
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Good to hear(lens) :D
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

source code... this isn't so much a suggestion as it is a requirement. You're modifying id softwares GPL:ed source, and you're obligated to publish the source code with any possible binarys...

I'm mentioning this not only because of legalities, but mostly because of the fact that if you want to be "linux friendly" you really need to release the source as well... especially since you're modifying a "part" of a program. This means that I won't be able to run this mod unless you compiled it with my gcc version (which I doubt :) ) since I compiled aprq2 myself too (they both need to be compiled with the same gcc version to run together). The fact that I also run a x86-64 processor makes it impossible for me to run that i386 .so file.

-NRG
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I was planning on releasing the source code with the next release because of the linux issues. Also, I'm planning on v1.24 being the last version of mine since my time available to this mod is getting increasingly shorter. I plan on v1.24 being the bug fixes for v1.23... so keep ideas coming in so I can really load up v1.23
Haudrauf

Post by Haudrauf »

Currently, when you use the command "spawnp", you spawn the direction in which you were looking to while playing. But, as far as I know, looking direction gets set by the spawning process in normal teamplay.

It would be good to practice spawns when "spawnp" would set you the direction that the spawn actually requires you to have.

bind space "spawnp; lca"

:)
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
Haudrauf

Post by Haudrauf »

And it would be cool if there's a "realLCA" or sth. that prevents me from shooting at my demopuppet while the LCA is active. :)

.. or make the standard "lca" to prevent you from shooting and create a new lca command that only does the countdown.
Haudrauf

Post by Haudrauf »

Not really a suggestion, merely a bug:

When I get telefragged I can't respawn?
Haudrauf

Post by Haudrauf »

And I wished I could jump on the other real players that are on the server.

When I switched on "team jumping" I just wished they are allowed to jump on my head.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Haui the four-posts-in-a-row guy!