Suggestions ?

Capture The Flag mod for Action Quake II.

Moderators: arild, Maniac-, WizardExt, Moderators

arild
loses a vital chest organ

Suggestions ?

Post by arild »

If you got any kind of suggestions for this mod please write them down here. We are open for ideas!
Hapid00!!
Bakor
joined the game

Post by Bakor »

I have no idea is it possible, but some "bonuses"" like double speed, quad damage or something like that would be so GREAT!

Also BALANCED maps, maybe some1 of you can portrait (ur something) the map "facing worlds" from unreal tournamet :bday: It is the best ctfmap ever.

And.. when i've played CTF, there has been many different "models" like male/ctf_r and terror/ctf_r.. imo it would be better to have just 1 model / team.

Also grenades should "kick" more and do less damage, so it'd be possible to do some naaaajjjss grenadejumps like in TF :rambo:

And hmm... would be also intresting, if the respawntime would depend, how did you die :D Like 15secs from headshot, 10 from chest/kevlar, 7 from stomach and 5 from legs.

Oki this was all.. Guys show us your skills and make aq2ctf an enjoyable mod! :)
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Bakor wrote: Also grenades should "kick" more and do less damage, so it'd be possible to do some naaaajjjss grenadejumps like in TF :rambo:

And hmm... would be also intresting, if the respawntime would depend, how did you die :D Like 15secs from headshot, 10 from chest/kevlar, 7 from stomach and 5 from legs.
Its already possible that grenades do less damage, its just an option with the latest tng. Now grenades to more damage, few years ago they did less damage.

Bout respawntime.. that would mean if you shoot head, head, leg.. you get 5 seconds respawn.. and single head.. 15? :)
Bakor
joined the game

Post by Bakor »

Da^JuaN wrote:
Bakor wrote: Also grenades should "kick" more and do less damage, so it'd be possible to do some naaaajjjss grenadejumps like in TF :rambo:

Its already possible that grenades do less damage, its just an option with the latest tng. Now grenades to more damage, few years ago they did less damage.

Bout respawntime.. that would mean if you shoot head, head, leg.. you get 5 seconds respawn.. and single head.. 15? :)
True.. but that was just a suggestion from _TIRED_ boy :D.
Hmmpph... But something like "the more damege you do, the longer he'll wait" would be naaajss :D like Perfect handcannon shot would be like 20 secs or something blabla i dont know, you tell me O_o
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

the more captures the lower the respawn time for the team

i like the power ups idea.
CTF:DM where u have to locate the weapons, u dont just spawn with them.
after that...just mirrored maps i suppose :)
arild

Post by arild »

Alot of these suggestions are allready in the code.

-Alex
Hapid00!!
SeCter
joined the game

Post by SeCter »

What I would love in AQ2:CTF is that you can choose your weapon and item before each time you spawn! (In Q3 you have to find your weapons and items, And I really dont like that)

But I want that you have to find the Powerups.. What I mean is that you can choose eks. Sniper/Kevlar..
mskomu
is connecting

Post by mskomu »

In my opinion power ups and granades, which would be good for doing granade jumps, would ruin the whole idea of this game. Come on, the point in aq2, atleast of me, is that you DON'T have rocket launchers, you DON'T live after getting 15 headshots from superhyperultramega plasmagun 2000. What's the point in changing aq2 into TF or such?
If you want to ride on shockwaves, play some other game.
<x> Keke
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

^-- has a point.

Also, before TNG, grenades did 100 dmg, now they do 120 dmg. If that made any sense?

Suggestion for AQ2:CTF-mod thingy:

A powerup that removes falldammage for like 20 secounds or something.

A powerup that gives bigger clips and faster shooting or something for a few secounds..

A powerup that makes any random client say "I'm a homosexual, and I'm prowd of it!" allong with a voice-command and leg dammage. As all other clients replies "Get back into your closet!" at the same time or something.. :p .. what? would be fun.. atleast the 14 first times.. :p :)

A powerup that enables you to carry all items at once. (Making you a silenced laser-sighted tank with ir-vision)

Power-regeneration (Healthpack, 100%HP again)

WH-item (making you see people through walls, and making you able to shoot through walls)

hm, I probably got allot more ideas, but these are just some I threw out there.. first thing that came to my mind, some might work good, others might not. So.. well.. that's what a suggestion is anyway, isn't it? :p
Plummet is my middle name..
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Ninja powerup (1min) - silencer, sleepers, kevlar and a choosen weapon.
So, If you pick kevlar and m4 and you get this powerup, you get silencer,
sleepers, maybe increase running speed to 120% and reduce fall damage( remove it for 1m)

edit: increase knife slash range and 1kill shot for slash and throw (instagib)
Sry, I`m kidna drunk

:bday:
^stric^
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Uncle- wrote:Ninja powerup (1min) - silencer, sleepers, kevlar and a choosen weapon.
So, If you pick kevlar and m4 and you get this powerup, you get silencer,
sleepers, maybe increase running speed to 120% and reduce fall damage( remove it for 1m)

edit: increase knife slash range and 1kill shot for slash and throw (instagib)
Sry, I`m kidna drunk

:bday:
Yeh or some kinda of defense/assault powerup - that will you give kevlar, helmet and 2 weapons or something
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

maps:

try to build interessting maps which are mirrored in the middle.
that would be the fairest way in case of maps.
arild

Post by arild »

Read my column about CTF I wrote a month ago or so. Alot of work from that column has begun. http://www.aq2world.com/?p=features&id=109
Hapid00!!
W1lco
tripped on its own grenade

Post by W1lco »

Make a "For-Colourblind" plugin! :m00: so you could change the oposite team's skin for the one you think its easiest to spot, that would kill the tabu of "Join the team wich has easiest to spot the enemy", for me.. :P
gl u guys! as it looks, think this mod will turn out great and wake the CTF up again xD :lol:
The colourblind
Alfredo
plummets to its death

Post by Alfredo »

is anyone aware that there used to be a "capture the briefcase" for aq2.

Ofcourse it was the same as capture the flag. but my action quake like:)
The force is with you young Skywalker, But you are not a Jedi Yet