bwcity2 - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

I took a break yesterday night and sat down for an hour and played on Angra's public server. The map map played better than I thought it would.

Even though there are some obvious camp spots, due to very much indoor, there is also very much alternative paths/routes to surpise the enemy. Only the small bookshop has 2 entrances, but on the other hand it doesn't do too well for hiding because of its small space and no obstacles to hide behind.

If you want to gain some advantage in the map, there are some nasty jumps to learn. Many of them aren't hard, but very effective.

The process of making the map was a mix of feelings for both of us. When something didn't look or felt right, we just deleted the whole thing and started over till it felt right. At one point the Bank look like a futuristic japanese railgun weapon. Even though it was amount of hours behind that creation we both agreed in the end, that it didn't work. There were multiple similar situations were being honest resultet in something better. All "new" textures are made by Beavisss, thumbs up to him. They really gave more life and detail to the map. Some more funny details. :D
NRGizeR wrote: The only thing I still miss are the ambient sounds... The only ones I could find here were some ventilation sounds and some flies... other than that, I can't think of another thing that could be improved.
I have to agree with Nrgizer here, we should have considered some more ambient sound to add that extra feeling.
indey wrote: I just HAVE to say without even checking the map, that you _ALLWAYS_ have to look at fucking r_speeds, i know that this map will be great for my eyes, etc.
But i just had to be the "bad apple" who comes here to whine about the r_speeds..

R_speeds is like the most important thing in a map, FFS!
For the rspeeds. We both know they are high. We came to a point where the main question was to remove large parts of the map and think things over, but that was not what we wanted.
Da^JuaN wrote:Btw, whats the name of the sky? I think im gonna use this one instead of sky stars :hop:
Its first map where i wont toggle the sky :)
wnight

...and for the server issue.
Beavisss and I know the risk of the map not being uploaded to multiple servers. Ofcourse this is sad, but that's the thing with making an Action Quake 2 map - it might not be played at all. That's why your comments are so important, seeing that you downloaded the map and gave it a try, even though it was just alone. Thanks.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

been waiting on angra's for someone to join so i can play it. Nobody is ever there O_o

on a brighter note post #300 8)
VIDAR
found a way out

Post by VIDAR »

whine juan. why is it boring to play when fakers play ? :)
hope the map finds it way over to the norwegian servers soon. again nice work wiz'n beav :bday:
- Kill The Idealist -
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

VIDAR wrote:hope the map finds it way over to the norwegian servers soon. again nice work wiz'n beav :bday:
Dream on! They can't even put on normal skins!

Anyway, tried to play it yesterday but 150 ping disappointed me. Looks cool.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Nice map etc.

I got a suggestion for you, or anyone else making maps - try making friction and/or vashes (Reaction Quake3 maps) into aq2maps. Those maps are pwnage. If you don't believe me you could ask anyone of those 20 remaining RQ3-players out there! But seriously, that would rock.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

VIDAR wrote:whine juan. why is it boring to play when fakers play ? :)
I said, the way the fakers were playing was boring.. not necessarily the fact it were fakers.
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Da^JuaN wrote:
VIDAR wrote:whine juan. why is it boring to play when fakers play ? :)
I said, the way the fakers were playing was boring.. not necessarily the fact it were fakers.
right. who cares about fakers?
and first of all, clear me what really "faker" means.
with "faker" i mean a person who plays with a nick thats isnt what he usually uses and steals nicks from other ppl.
my english may suck so.. EXAMPLE: Clown goes mad and starts playing like [NARF]BeAViS.
thats what i mean for "nickfakeing"

i DON'T really consider "nickfaking" if... well again Clown plays like "London" or even i play like "beaver" or... well doesnt comes in my mind other examples so...

may someone explain me which of these 2 interpretations is right?
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

Nickstealer: Someone that poses as another person by using the latters nick.

http://www.ktv.no/~jra-ktv/fakenick.jpg

Hope they all burn in hell.

Fakenicking: A person calling himself another nick than his default config-nick. i.e. "beavisss'es mother"

Nickhomo: A person fakenicking, who also spams/whines/lies/talks in any matter negative/or just plain talks 'at all'.

i.e. "beavisss'es mother sais "proto lucked out"

i.e. "1on1? anyone?! 1on1 GET A SERVER!! 1on1?"

i.e.: "beavisss'es mother sais "^PROTO IS A CHEATER PROROOOTOO CHEATS WH WH WH AMAGAWD WH ! VOTEKICK PROTO VOTEKICK PROTOO VOTEMAP CLIFF2CLIFF2 VOTEMAP CLIFF2 .VOTEMAP CLIFF2!! DO AS I SAY OR ILL HAUNT YOU DOWN AS A GHOST AND RAPE YOU AS YOU SLEEP WHILE MY 8MM CAM FILMS IT AND KAZAAS IT TO THE WORLD TO SEE YOU CRY WHILE SUCKING COCK! YOU MOTHERFUCKING WHORE I WILL! KILL YOU! ( freeze you down and serve you as dinner for your familly in your own funeral ) .

They're all just as annoying when you don't know who you're talking too, and who you're gonna put in your hate-list.. God damn spammers..

Really, I don't care about people cheating, it just makes good practice.

And I don't care about fakenickers, as long as they shut the fuck up..

But when anyone starts bitching about votemap, votekick, cheating, or just spam themselfes, well all I have to say about that is "go fuck the dog" or something. Really, shut the fuck up and play.

Guess that's about it?
Yeh, nity nite :)
Plummet is my middle name..
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Nice map, enjoyed playing it yesterday and today on angra. Already told Beavisss what I thought about it :D
*hali*
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

so im a faker. ok.
:lol:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
VIDAR
found a way out

Post by VIDAR »

Da^JuaN wrote: I said, the way the fakers were playing was boring.. not necessarily the fact it were fakers.
Ok my bad (again) :o
- Kill The Idealist -
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Still. You offended people not knowing who they were, shame on you.
Ne quid nimis.
nemesis
sank like a rock

Post by nemesis »

If nothing else, it looks fucking awesome. <3
Last edited by nemesis on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
· clan Survival · #clansurvival @ IRCNet/QuakeNet, /msg Neme^ · www.lahtela.com/survival · AQ2Suomi admin, AQ2World moderator and a member of AQ2Admins
Twz
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Twz »

i really like the map GJ!
chron
joined the game

Post by chron »

Still. You offended people not knowing who they were, shame on you.
And I don't care about fakenickers, as long as they shut the fuck up..
Does that matter? If you read carefully they said they didnt like their playing style, not the player based on its 'reputation' if you can call it that way in such a small community where everyone thinks they know it best and starts defending ones own opinion frantically without listening to others or without commenting on ones posts without any constructive criticism.