sescrew
sank like a rock

Post by sescrew »

Dude AWEZOME skins please keep making nice ass textures
{MOB} For Life
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

I think Picer should use nrgizer's bsppack to put all those textures etc. in 1 zip. Because for some maps I want my own textures, but if I put all of Picer's textures into my textures folder it overwrites them, but i am not sure which ones I do want to overwrite and which ones don't.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Janner wrote:I think Picer should use nrgizer's bsppack to put all those textures etc. in 1 zip. Because for some maps I want my own textures, but if I put all of Picer's textures into my textures folder it overwrites them, but i am not sure which ones I do want to overwrite and which ones don't.
I was mentioned \o/ yay! :)
Putting textures in separate .zips is probably a good idea, because it does make it easier for people to use just the ones they want. However, keep in mind that there are lots of textures that are used in a shitload of maps... take for example ruskpriks city textures... :)
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

That's why you can name the dir's by mapname so it only have the textures for that map... And for ruskprik: every texture replaced by those are better :p
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

Janner wrote:That's why you can name the dir's by mapname so it only have the textures for that map...
It doesen't quite work like this. The paths to textures are compiled in .bsp file itself, so renaming the dirs will only result in q2 not finding the textures.
So it's either You like the texture in all maps that are using it, or You don't like it and thus don't replace it.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge... ...and some just gargle...
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Janner wrote:That's why you can name the dir's by mapname so it only have the textures for that map... And for ruskprik: every texture replaced by those are better :p
In case you mean renaming dirs of already made maps: Not possible, would require the .bsp to be edited, and thus the bsp would fail the checksum, and you wouldn't be allowed onto servers anymore (if not everyone would update the map)

In case you mean doing this in new maps: well... the big problem is duplicates, why have a given file in 10 different dirs, when all maps could use the same texture? This is not that big of a problem with .wal textures, since they are small, but when talking 32-bit textures that chould make hundreds of mb of difference.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

i would watch it with the suggestions, this retard usually thinks your trying to insult him
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

I'm sure it somehow worked.. I have a pak with dir airport and all of the Apr airport textures in it. This works, so I guess it would work with other maps aswell.
Paifas
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Paifas »

I have just finished to retexture rexro.. i tryed to create a pak using NRGizeR bspack, but i couldnt get it to work. i inserted the texture directories, but bspack never finds the textures.. wtf am i doing wrong?
Paifas

Post by Paifas »

here's a few screenshots of what i did to rexro:
http://www.savefile.com/files/7992967

and here's the textures:
http://www.savefile.com/files/8288285

i dunno is this will work tho... its possible that this textures conflits with ur old ones..
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

Paifas, maybe I can help you with that. NRgizeR (sorry if I spell it wrong!) told me how. First, backup your ignorelist.txt in main q2 dir. Then, delte all lines but 1, the one with a blank enter. Now you have a text file called ignorelist.txt, with only 1 line: a blank one. Now, open BSPPack(.jar?) and write the place of your .bsp file you want to zip (in my case: c:\aq2\action\maps\urban.bsp) and in paths these places: (again, for me) c:\aq2\baseq2 and c:\aq2\action . Now push start, and there you go! Your own BSPpack-packed map. Be sure to delete the env, maps and textures file IN the zip, these are not needed and are a bug of BSPPack.

EDIT: Oh, you want a pak? Just do steps above and make a pak :p
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

them dont work for me :(
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Paifas

Post by Paifas »

thx for ur reply janner. bit it had already worked.. i dunno what i did right tho.. lol

beavis do u use paks? u may have a texture pak replacing my textures for the ones in your pak..

since the textures i puted here are in a zip file, u will have to unzip it to ur aq2\action folder. or create a pak with them and rename it to ur last one..
Paifas

Post by Paifas »

has this worked for anyone?