Greatest idea since the Wheel!

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Sovnig
blew itself up

Greatest idea since the Wheel!

Post by Sovnig »

I've recently started aq2 again, and seeing it in a fresh perspective I noticed for the first time how kevlars and lasers dominate the item-choice, followed by bandolier when grenades are needed. Especially in clanwars!

So... I thought for myself.. why aren't the other items used that much? Well, it's evidently because you're vulnerable with them, you need to sit down and you die quickly since you're an easy target while doing so. This is a shame, since everybody deep inside loves the Slippers and the Silencer... the smooth sound and the stealthy moves appeals to everybody, it's just not worth that much in combat. And really, with the slippers you give yourself away when shooting, and with the silencer u give yourself away when moving.

So! How could we make these two items a competitive choice compared to the others? Easily, I thought, we just combine them into a sneak-kit! Now that'd be awesome! The thought of being stealthy can finally be realized!
But, whatta you guys think? Would this be a totally lame, gamewrecking idea to change the game so drastically - or is it just the change we need to keep interest in the game? Imagine all the new possibilities now that you're able to stealth through the map!
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Tactics
Pure Evil In a Jar

Post by Tactics »

Good idea, but wont really be that useful for me since I use slippers with mah M3 :)
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Tactics wrote:Good idea, but wont really be that useful for me since I use slippers with mah M3 :)
Well, yeah, the silencer won't apply for the M3 ofcourse... so it'll just be the same way as it always was for you. It'll apply for the Sniper/Mp5/Pistol though!
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

good and old idea.. maybe somebody could finally make this true? Bp krhm.. maniac? ;)

some suggestions how to improve bandolier then? medkit? >BD
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Actually we sometimes use slippers in clanwars in the right maps. All four of us of course.

I think BV had some nice ideas to improve the weapons and items. Making silencer and slippers into one item doesn't sound that good to me :?
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

You could put an IRvision to the Bandolier... oh wait...

Nah, the whole thing is a bit difficult, doesn't matter how good the idea is, there will always be someone not willing to use it/play against to. So a mod of the mod will be necessary and someone should actually make it, willing to make betas, debug versions... etc... And another unattached-to-the-main AQ2 project will eventually die.
I think it's pretty hard to make a conversion in AQ2, people still refuse to play against MM3'ers, people still deactivate nades in their servers, the kevlar helmet is not a standard, neither the single barreled mode of the HC...

And how do you want to make a standard in a game full of tiny communities, viz, all the different countries. Being a good example here, finland, since it's the biggest one.
Unite and then change the root, the other way around will only divide us even more.
Ne quid nimis.
arNe
hit the ground hard, real hard
In-game Name: arNe_kokst

Post by arNe »

not the best since wheel, but a good one
who am i ?
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

MarlPoro wrote:good and old idea.. maybe somebody could finally make this true? Bp krhm.. maniac? ;)

some suggestions how to improve bandolier then? medkit? >BD
Medkit would be friggin' awesome, but I actually think it'd be too good if it's instant-packs. 2hp/sec would be quite nice, if you could deactivate it by firing,
AssKick3r wrote:Making silencer and slippers into one item doesn't sound that good to me
Ow, care to elaborate that?
Caracol wrote:the whole thing is a bit difficult
Well, I'm not yelling for this to be standard... just that it'd be an idea. An example of how it'd go would be that the AQ2admins decided to use it on their servers, then it'd both reach Finland and the rest of us, don't ya think? Or keep it as a .cfg the captains could exec...
//Splinter
KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

sounds like a good idea for other games, but this is action quake, and this will prolly make longer rounds and more camp into the game :p
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

I think this COULD be a good idea, but then wouldn't this make kevlar set (helm + vest) and a set with bandolier and laser be necessary, otherwise you would have 1 combined item, and the rest not. If this is true, I think it will only make the game less aq2-ish by ruining head AND vest damage.

And also, I would like to see one of these options: ban Sneak-Kit and unban Slippers/Silencer or ban Slippers/Silencer and unban Sneak-Kit.

I voted for yes, because it looks good under the right conditions
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Nice idea i want to see this.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

I think this would unbalance the game too much. Slippers plus silencer is way to powerful if you know how to use it.

Silencer + Slippers = No
Silencer + Bandolier = Maybe
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

silence + slippers rules, cause really, who uses slippers on anything else then m3/hc?

m4 slippers-> no use for the silencer anyway
mp5 slippers/silencer -> so what mp5 is not THAT strong anyway
sniper slippers/silencer -> the only 1 really benefitting from it.. but really u dont need the slippers for the far away shots since they can't hear ur steps anyway ( or shouldn't anyway ). Ye okay maybe a bit overpowered on a map like cloud when ur on the roof with it, but still chest damage kills big time.
knives slippers/silencer -> see m4
akimbo slippers/silencer -> see above
Janner wrote:I think this COULD be a good idea, but then wouldn't this make kevlar set (helm + vest) and a set with bandolier and laser be necessary, otherwise you would have 1 combined item, and the rest not.
Yes let's also make the option to call for an airstrike everytime u feel like it O_o O_o

Thinking of it it doesn't really sounds like a good idea, like I thought in the beginning of this post, since the weapons I would use in combo with slippers-> hc, m3 and knives wouldn't benefit at all from your idea.

I'll give u a 8 for trying though. :bday: :m00:
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Janner wrote:I think this COULD be a good idea, but then wouldn't this make kevlar set (helm + vest) and a set with bandolier and laser be necessary, otherwise you would have 1 combined item, and the rest not. If this is true, I think it will only make the game less aq2-ish by ruining head AND vest damage.

And also, I would like to see one of these options: ban Sneak-Kit and unban Slippers/Silencer or ban Slippers/Silencer and unban Sneak-Kit.

I voted for yes, because it looks good under the right conditions
Item kits will be implemented and tested in the new CTF version :)

-Alex
Hapid00!!
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Janner wrote:, but then wouldn't this make kevlar set (helm + vest) and a set with bandolier and laser be necessary
I'm trying to balance the items, not unbalance them totally and cover your ass in kevlar!
den wrote:too overpowered
Well, the only items really benefitting from this combination would be the MP5 and the Sniper. The MP5 is not as strong as the M4, so I guess that this would make them more equal - now being able to use the MP5 as it's supposed to, sneaky that is.
The sniper would benefit from this, but really, if you're seen and shot once in the chest by the other sniper, you're dead - keep in mind that nowadays most people know most maps by heart, and where the enemy sniper would most likely be.
Repsaj wrote:Thinking of it it doesn't really sounds like a good idea, like I thought in the beginning of this post, since the weapons I would use in combo with slippers-> hc, m3 and knives wouldn't benefit at all from your idea.
Well, maybe not - but a silent handcannon would be a bit unrealistic, and putting a silencer on your knives and then throwing them without a noise seems a bit silly :) With my idea it'd just not really change for you.. you'd just meet a better challenge from the sneaky bastards !
arild wrote:Item kits will be implemented and tested in the new CTF version
Well that's a start, and a good way to test whether or not it's imbalanced! :D
//Splinter