bwcity2 - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

I fuckin would :bday:
ringnes
is connecting

Elite map!!:D

Post by ringnes »

REAlly nice!:)

ringz
Torstein Ringnes
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

great work guys :) :tup:
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Den wrote:7 out of 10 emus because it has a donut!
1 emu si worth 20 fucts
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Originality: 10/10 - it doesn't remind me of any other map, which is always good. The map also has some unique details/textures which makes you remember it (donut, grafiti :). Especially good job cause it's a city map (like 80% of all maps?)

Layout/design: 7/10 - the map is high enuff and it also offers some good sniping spots, though maybe you should have made some accessable roof also next to the train, cause the mirror side of the map has also a higher roof. Clipping is pretty annoying in 2 or 3 places, that's true, so one point goes off from there too B/ All buildings look great, thanks to decent archtecture and textures.

Gameplay: 9/10 - haven't played this in a bigger group, but I trust you guys that it really works with 4v4 and up. I jumped around it offline and the map seems "fast enough", but still it offers good tactical opportunites, what I could think out myself

8.5/10 - GJ again dudes, till next time :)
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

AssKick3r wrote:The map is nice and all, but 26mb? Uhm, it's still AQ2 guys.. :o
I thought change was way too big with its 13mb, but 26.. I don't really care about such fancy textures, I like if it's nice and little eyecandy doesn't hurt, but I think it's just too much. Though it does look cool and apart from other eyecandy maps quite simple.
So far that's the only downside of it. Hope it pays off, guys :P
I can understand that you are upset. I too thought that Change was too big with its 13 mb archive. This is the double. It is what it is. We had a discussion about this and we had two options. Releasing the full thing, as it is now, or releasing it with .wal and have all the .tga's in an alternative download. But no..

We have been working very long and very hard on this map. There has been a tough process of making the map, but we are all united on one thing - the map looks great. it's better than we thought it would be. We want everyone to experience it as it's meant to be.

If the download is too large, just delete the majority of the tga textures in the zip-file when the download is done and then extract.

We really appreciate the feedback and everyone that downloads and play the map. And just for the record, it's always nice to hear feedback no matter if it's negative or positive. If it's negative we would like a more serious reply, so we can do better for upcoming maps.
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

AssKick3r wrote:The map is nice and all, but 26mb? Uhm, it's still AQ2 guys.. :o
I thought change was way too big with its 13mb, but 26.. I don't really care about such fancy textures, I like if it's nice and little eyecandy doesn't hurt, but I think it's just too much. Though it does look cool and apart from other eyecandy maps quite simple.
So far that's the only downside of it. Hope it pays off, guys :P
k i got your point, and i partially agree.
i dont play with hi res textures. i dont play with highest resolution. i dont play with omgomgomg ubershits effects. i still use 8 bit sounds. but (yes, there is a but): when i got my first action copy i had 56 k and was kinda heavy do download it, but now times are changed... everyone (omg even me) got almost an adsl and downloading 25 mb wont take more then 3 mins.... so... no problem from that side.
and when you play, i agree with you that you dont look that much at map's textures but... its still a nice thing to play in such a "realistic" map, isnt it? i mean, with lights, eyecandy textures, sounds..
nothing that much complicated eh...i dont pretend bump mapping on the street, that would be too much for action and only ruin the "game feeling".. just little improvements. and this map has every little improvement that i consider "fine" and not "deleterious" for the game.

ok i know that my english is the shite but i hope that you understood anyway
:D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I didn't even say it would take too long to download the map. Thing is the archive is simply too big for AQ2. But hey, there are always exceptions, so one in a thousand doesn't really matter much, right? I just hope it doesn't become trendy.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

beav ur english is cute :)
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Map Warehouse has been updated with bwcity2
Come here and vote.
thanks
indey
plummets to its death

Post by indey »

ffs, i know u guys like to make nice maps and all, and i really enjoy the effort you guys do to make these maps.. but for once.. _make a map that runs? ?!?!
Afterall.. this _IS AQ2_ like someone said.
I just _LOVE_ the 30 fps on this map when im ON LAN WITH NO-ONE ELSE THERE.. real nice.

Dont even wanna see what the r_speeds are, i know just with a guess that they are closer to 3-4k than something that they should.

Nice map... if it would just RUN.
Synchrony - www.huhtimo.com/sync
#Synchrony - @ QuakeNET
Aq2 with attitude.
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

indey wrote:ffs, i know u guys like to make nice maps and all, and i really enjoy the effort you guys do to make these maps.. but for once.. _make a map that runs? ?!?!
I just _LOVE_ the 30 fps on this map when im ON LAN WITH NO-ONE ELSE THERE.. real nice.

Dont even wanna see what the r_speeds are, i know just with a guess that they are closer to 3-4k than something that they should.

The map requires a better computer. We know that. The rspeed values aren't the best, but they are certainly not the worst either. There are some other heavy calculations throughout the map, but just as I did reply to the archive size-issue; we wanted this map to be like this.

If you don't like the map, we are sorry. I am glad you tried it out atleast and gave us an honest opinion. Thanks.
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

indey wrote:ffs, i know u guys like to make nice maps and all, and i really enjoy the effort you guys do to make these maps.. but for once.. _make a map that runs? ?!?!

Disable high res textures. and u'll get ur regular fps. Map doesnt have so much r_speeds, fps drops are only cause of good textures, I dont have good pc either, so I can tell you for sure that with tga OFF, map will run great. Enjoy.
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

good post indey, but as Beavisss said just disable the high texture shite, and im pretty sure it will work good :)
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
indey
plummets to its death

Post by indey »

The thing is, there are still ppl that play AQ2 becouse its good AND _the only real FPS they can run decent_.
Synchrony - www.huhtimo.com/sync
#Synchrony - @ QuakeNET
Aq2 with attitude.