"action quake 2" on the homepage

Let us know your suggestions and comments and we will look at it.

Moderator: Moderators

gurkesaft
is connecting

"action quake 2" on the homepage

Post by gurkesaft »

I was trying to figure out if there was an Action Quake 2 community left, and I couldn't find this page. I only found it by chance recently by typing "action quake 2 2006" into google. I think the homepage of this site should have a tag line somewhere that says something to the effect of "The Official Home of Action Quake 2" or something to draw some of the old users like me. I'd have been here a year ago ;)

That, and the old page should have a link to here.

That, and it should be listed on the "free first-person shooters" thing at wikipedia.

-Jack
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Re: "action quake 2" on the homepage

Post by NRGizeR »

gurkesaft wrote:I was trying to figure out if there was an Action Quake 2 community left, and I couldn't find this page. I only found it by chance recently by typing "action quake 2 2006" into google. I think the homepage of this site should have a tag line somewhere that says something to the effect of "The Official Home of Action Quake 2" or something to draw some of the old users like me. I'd have been here a year ago ;)

That, and the old page should have a link to here.

That, and it should be listed on the "free first-person shooters" thing at wikipedia.

-Jack
heh, there is nothing official about this site, it has nothing to do with the A-team, and I'm sure that the team in question would be a wee bit pissed off if den would start putting "official home of aq2" all over this page. This page is linked from a number of places, and also one of the first hits that google gives you when searching for "AQ2" (second to be precise) sooooo... I think it's easy enough to find your way here if you want to...
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

If i would do that i would probably end up getting sued :P so no thx
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

"official home of aq2 players" would fit.
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Haudrauf wrote:"official home of aq2 players" would fit.
he made it.
:hop:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
gurkesaft
is connecting

Post by gurkesaft »

Just so there's SOMETHING to get here from google without knowing "aq2". More members!

The old action quake site says "this is not supported. piss off." I wager if you emailed the guy he'd transfer such rights to this group.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

gurkesaft wrote:Just so there's SOMETHING to get here from google without knowing "aq2". More members!

The old action quake site says "this is not supported. piss off." I wager if you emailed the guy he'd transfer such rights to this group.
I'd take that bet. The A-team doesn't seem too eager to give away ANYTHING related to the action-series of mods... Which, in my opinion, is understandable...
Slashn64
is connecting

Post by Slashn64 »

yeah... but they let that "reaction quake 3" project go through.... and how good is that?
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Slashn64 wrote:yeah... but they let that "reaction quake 3" project go through.... and how good is that?
reaction quake3 ?
Deadeuh
is connecting

Post by Deadeuh »

reaction quake3.... played it AGES ago, it was similar in look but felt nothing like aq2.....

there has never been another game that felt as good as aq2... loads that look pretty but none that play well...
- Deadeuh -
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Deadeuh wrote:reaction quake3.... played it AGES ago, it was similar in look but felt nothing like aq2.....

there has never been another game that felt as good as aq2... loads that look pretty but none that play well...
maby because a-team had nothing to do with reaction quake3 ?
Call me your valentine call me once tonight