Daddies cup match vs. quad

Clan National Assembly of Rifle Forces's private forum - http://narf.aq2.org/

Moderators: dudemcpek, Caracol

L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Daddies cup match vs. quad

Post by L0ki »

Hey fellows.

I've taken a little timeout after the cup-match vs. quad and I was thinking about what has gone wrong from time to time. Now, I will try to summarize what I've thought so far.

Wfall:
In my opinion there's been a chaos here due to the unusual lineup. In the matches the days before we mostly had a lineup like this when I did play:
Flop ssg, Asskicker mini, L0ki middle, cRiM in front of the cave. We've played with this setup more than once and it worked well, just because everyone knew how to handle his position in teamplay with his fellow players. The lineup was changed before the quad match. Caracol decided to let Nils handle the miniramp, because he did a fine job there the last time and he himself took care over the frontarea near the cave. After the match Nils told me that he like the ramp but couldnt decide between engaging their rusher (heading for our sniper) and the incoming m4-players. I am not that aware about Cara's fragging, all I can say is that myself in the middle got shot from both sides and was unable to concentrate on the side with more incoming m4's. It wasn't really a matter of being fragged by joki while engaging him because I rarely had the chance to rush forward and disturb/distract their sniper's activity.
A possible solution would have been to change the lineup after five minutes of gameplay with cRiM cave area, asskicker mini and Cara or L0ki in the middle. Having experience on a position is a big factor in dealing with it.

icity:
Quad did play very well here, I've to admit. But somehow we weren't able to frag as good. Talking with Nils about it he told me that he felt good on the small side, fragged quite okay, but wasn't superb enough.
Because I sucked badly here it was basically a 3on4 the whole game. A player like Asskicker instead of myself could have been the difference between loosing that badly and loosing in the ballpark. Sadly Asskicker denied to sub in for me (I still dunno why :x).

I hope you will recognize this as constructive critisism.

Looking forward to have matches after all of us returned from the WC. :p

-Urs
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Well, wfall didn't really work that well. It lacked that little dominating touch, but wasn't bad at all. Maybe because the lineup wasn't what it was few days before the match.
If Matias had been sure I'd have done better and had subbed I would have played. But I saw he wanted to play and was good enough to do it. Doesn't really matter anyhow.
Though I do think if Flop and I play together we can make some more rounds in our favour since we've played a lot of cws together and got very good teamplay.

Quad would have fallen if joki didn't play. They lost two times few days before the match with -15-20 without joki.

About icity, I really didn't feel like playing with 70 ping versus those lowpingers. And you had low ping so I doubt I could have done any better than you.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Well, it is mainly cause of what you already said, not having the ussual players in their positions, but I myself didn't want to make the decision of making someone to sub, I thought I was important enough (making the swap quite even) and Matic won't ask for someone else to sub, apparently.

I knew L0ki had never played mini before, so the decision was obvious. I didn't want to make a heavy management, sub and unsub of you guys, I think we all know when we aren't doing good enough and when to give the chance to someone else. Personally I fragged quite good in wfall, as far away as I can remember, and I knew where was the problem most of the times, but I didn't see much I could do about it. Was messy and quite un-good from our side, but with the lineup that played was quite successful.

About Icity, I had problems the whole map with IBA, somehow his ping 80 made me feel as if I was playing with such a high ping and was all messed up. And since there wasn't someone available to swap I just tried to do better.

Anyhow anywho, it was a good match and I don't see much to discuss about it, else than what we already know.
Ne quid nimis.
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

Thanx for the replies, mates. Much appreciated. Just wanted to clearify on the what-went-wrong's and make sure that we've learned the lesson (+300xp, gained 1 level). :rambo:

I have a suggestion for the time after the WCup:
How about getting into other maps as well? This is a part where I have a lot of fun. It was great to have someone done a tactic (like Caracol's on iCity) and try to realize, train and improve it. It improves our teamplay on the one hand and skills at opponent maps on the other. To be concrete I'd suggest to polish icity and cliff2 (den letzten Schliff geben) and after it go on to typically .fi-maps (small examplary list: airport, citygate, mesto, wargroun).

Feel free to discuss it at this thread, everyone, because like Cara said: the quad-topic is nearly been done. :tup:
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I would lovely start to polish our teamplay by training foreign maps, the main problem with this is how many NARFs will actually learn from it and how many will actually stay as active as they are now.

Not trying to condescend but you Cologne-brothers were inactive for a long while and I don't really know how long you will stay active. At the moment I don't see an active squad without you both, so if you are here to stay I'm really into this "so zu sagen" training. It's your call.

About the maps, I would go for Cliff2 and finish what we started with Icity, then go for airport, mesto and all those disgusting maps you already mentioned.

Yup, sounds cool.
Ne quid nimis.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Sure, tactics are cool when the whole team follows them. I'm sure the active ones are up for this.