^J Mod V1.23 RELEASED!

PaTMaN's ^J Mod for Action Quake II (http://patman.has.it).

Moderators: PaTMaN, Moderators

PaTMaN
^J Mod

^J Mod V1.23 RELEASED!

Post by PaTMaN »

Ok guys... it has been released! You can grab it at my site http://patman.has.it

This is my last version. I simply don't have the time to work on this anymore. I will be offering support to anyone who ends up coding for it though. Speaking of which, is there anybody that wants to offically pick up this mod for future updates and bug fixes? Let me know.

In the next few days, I will be releasing some extra files on my site and will update this as they are released. They are:

^J Mod V1.23 Manual File (In-game help file via "man" command)
^J Mod V1.23 source code (Windows and Linux compatible)
^J Mod V1.23 Multi-Puppet Beta (windows compile, linux compile, source code)
MikuzA
joined the game

Post by MikuzA »

Heya, first I would like to say that you have made an excellent job with the j^mod!

I tested out your new release and noticed a few minor buggy's or something =)..

the biggest one was the Fall Trail, It only marked the falls when I strafed down a ubertiny drop..
Like this one:

and when I made a huge jump from a building roof or something.. no falltrail.

And then the minor stuff..
I noticed that in the hud on the Current Speed and High Speed, there is a 0 (zero) on the last number.. In the shot you can see another number behind the zero.

and a typo in the hud_menu 8)

Gravity Hug to you too. :santa:

and then.. last but not least.. a annoying flood thingie..
When i check out who's on the server by pressing a button that is binded to "cmd help".. It makes me say help everytime I press it and the serverstatus toggles.

That's all,
MikuzA
Oon tomaattikastikkeen läski mansikkarahka
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

There was one more thing I found, when playing with Pat. If you speak through messagemode (binded to Y here) you say 2 messages: hello and say "hello!
SaLsA
was flattened

Post by SaLsA »

Janner wrote:There was one more thing I found, when playing with Pat. If you speak through messagemode (binded to Y here) you say 2 messages: hello and say "hello!
Like this:
Image<",))><
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

ありがとう ミクザ  :D

Well, I fixed the say thing, and the mistype.

The mark falls works as it should: no jump (+moveup) involved in falling. Mark jumps is the command to team with this. When you press +moveup, green markers are set for your start and end. When you simply slide off of an object, blue markers are set. This is to differentiate between sliding off an object or jumping off it.

For the numbers thing, I don't see that happening with my font set, but I'll look through the code.

Here's what I'm going to do... I'll remove the links on my website for the download, and upload the fixes later today. So please let me know if there is anything else. I said it is my last version, but some of these bugs are just unacceptable to leave in.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I changed the code around a little for the HUD in hopes to fix your problem MikuzA. It still works fine for me.

Both the Windows and Linux versions have been recompiled with these fixes. I did not change the version number though, this is still V1.23.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Too bad this will be your last version :(
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

HMmmmmmm sooooo..... yea..... I've got some new plans. I feel sorta reluctant to do this, but here's the deal... I had a clan mate come to me yesterday with a deal and some ideas. He promised me a free webhost for my site if I would try to keep going on ^J Mod, and write some coding articles, like used to be found on qdevels. I've had a full day to think this over, so I've decided I will keep going with ^J Mod and write some articles. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not doing this because I wanted the site, I am happy enough with my current one. The thing that got me was writing articles. I'm truly looking for someone who can take over the ^J Mod project, and so I figured that if I could show people tutorials on how to do things, even how to code a player trail for example... its simple stuff to me and I hope to show people that it can be simple to them as well. There's one thing though. I won't be able to get more than 2 hours of work in per weekday. Thats maxing out my entire day while keeping with my jobs time schedules (and sleep!)

Soooo... I'm back (as if I ever left)
The new site is up, but you can still acces it via http://patman.has.it

I'll be reorganizing some sticky posts soon... tomorrow if not tonight.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

You can always get some free webspace on aq2world :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know