^J Mod V1.24 Status Log - RELEASED

PaTMaN's ^J Mod for Action Quake II (http://patman.has.it).

Moderators: PaTMaN, Moderators

PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

What final revision thing?
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Finally got some more work in. I feel the updates I have done for V1.23 and the final ones I have listed for it, are enough to call this a new minor version. So the next version will be V1.24!
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I still plan on keeping the final update list for V1.24 that I stated previously, but because of time issues, I am releasing V1.23.04 with what has been finished, and leaving the new puppet demo system as a final update to V1.24. I'll get V1.23.04 out sometime today. It just needs a documentation update but I gotta get to work now. I plan on this coming week to be really busy for me with work, and then moving back into a dorm. I'll repost here when V1.23.04 can be downloaded.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

V1.23.04 is out http://patman.has.it
Just noticed the 1,000+ hits to the site. Thanks! :o
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Not using the other host i see?
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

I still need to code that site more. Hopefully I'll have more spare time next week.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Well it's been a while since I could get some ^J Mod work done, but I finally have. I'm still working on the new puppet demo coding, and after 3 revisions, I finally got playback running solid. I came back to coding this not knowing where I left off, so I'll have to run through the system again and see what needs to be done. So far though, precord, pstop, pplay, pspause, ps-, ps+, psstep-, and psstep+ are all working as they should with the new coding.
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

Thumbs up bigtime.
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

As some may have noticed, I've been mainly working on the ^J Mod website recently. I am making good progress on it. I've been finding myself pulling code from the mod and plugging it almost right into the website for file submission functions, so that is going along well. My latest programming on the site has also doubled as good use for the mod. Now because of these similarities between the site and the mod, I've been thinking about maybe integrating the mod and website in some useful ways. One such idea would be the ability for the mod to list files from the site, so you could actually load a puppet demo from the website through the mod. It's just a thought right now, but I wanted to throw it out there. Of course if I did do this kind of integration, an in-game server variable would be made for enabling and disabling the functionality.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

A fellow named Zly recently came to me on IRC about a ^J Mod V1.23.04 Linux issue. I found out I had missed a one line port from windows to linux in a file. If you've been getting errors about "itoa" either when trying to run the mod or compiling it, do the following:

In g_puppetdemo.c
Replace the line "itoa(playernum,buffer,10);" with "sprintf(buffer,"%i",playernum);"
This should be on line 1653 but if it is not, just do a search for the string
Save the file and compile

Thanks Zly for reporting the error!
zly
is connecting

Post by zly »

PaTMaN wrote: Thanks Zly for reporting the error!
np, was glad to get it working :santa:
no rest for the wicked..
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

For the past few days I've been thinking about picking this project back up again. I'm feeling that today I've got some time to get back into it. My main influence for this project now is seeing people still use it. I still tend to join ^J Mod servers when I see a couple of people on them and I am at home.

So, I've still got some stuff listed to do. My main focus is the new puppet demo stuff I left off on... better controls and file usage. But I'm still open for suggestions and bug reports.

Just to let you know though, I am still quite busy with work, college, and some other projects, but I'll try to get more stuff done here!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Needs anticheat.
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

Building upon my previous post in the update list sticky, I am still planning on releasing ^J Mod V1.24 very soon. I've done a lot of testing along with Vito, my main tester, the past few days. I just did 8 more small updates/additions which mainly dealt with the menu system. One more thing I plan to do is move the teleporter history list to the menu system as well. I'll think about it some more and if I think it can be done easily, I'll do it. If not, I'll still add a message into the teleporter menu stating how to access the teleporter history via the console.

Just to note, I might not be compiling a linux version and instead just leaving the compiling to the people who run it.

Things that also need updating after this release include the manual file and the website (for accepting new puppetdemos).
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Cool :]
^stric^