shocking challenge

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

Jabu
was flattened

Post by Jabu »

+b rooney :hop:
suds
melted

Post by suds »

L0ki wrote:My goodness! Thanx for posting this, emu, will gimme an argument in a nice discussion I currently have with rl friends about toughness in football games. :P

Ban him!
heh 'rl friends' ??
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

suds wrote:
L0ki wrote:My goodness! Thanx for posting this, emu, will gimme an argument in a nice discussion I currently have with rl friends about toughness in football games. :P

Ban him!
heh 'rl friends' ??
Well, a friend of mine was moaning about the FIFA-2-referee-order during the WC to punish any use of elbows in contact with the opponent with a yellow card to avoid more heavy injuries like we had in the last couple of years all over europe. He thinks that being tough is a part of the football game. I do think that being rough is a sign of lacking technique & skill. /me will show him a.s.a.p. :x
suds
melted

Post by suds »

thats a pretty interesting argument actually

rugby and games like it are all about physical contact. basketball is very physical and has a lot of contact even tho its not actually allowed, blocking/screening and chasing loose balls, very similar to football in some respects. the small court/target in basketball means a lot more contact than football. it only adds to the excitement. a good body position and strength to run through the defence and hold them off the ball makes for some great watching in any sport.

i think the contact adds to the game. if you cant touch other players it means a lot of stops and eventually you end up with an ad break after every penalty like american sports. a few elbows are going to be used, its just frustration hopefully rather than dirty play. i know if someone is touching me up im gonna give them a quick jab (unless there are boobs involved of course).

i think the 4th official should become a big part of the game, if there is proof of dirty play it should be punished serverly. this will show a good example to people watching and stop the idiots like rooney from spoiling what should be good matches.

players do need to be tough, they shouldnt have to put up with dirty play. there are enough cameras now days to stop that. im all for hard and rough play, but it has to be regulated and fair.
Prinsii
was in the wrong place

Post by Prinsii »

He is the best football player of all time. Indeed one of my favorites ones, he should be in the hall of fame. :hail:
Love is the only solution.
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

Prinsii wrote:He is the best football player of all time. Indeed one of my favorites ones, he should be in the hall of fame. :hail:
Who 'he'? Rooney? :shock:

He rather should burn in the hell of shame.

---

@suds: Don't get me wrong at all - a certain amount of physical copntact is a'right (since it's no sissie-game and performing a correct tackle is a kinda skill itself), but I'm still asking myself why Ben Thatcher (the prick from the movie in post #1) has only been punished with a yellow card. This feels somehow wrong. :?

I so much do agree with you on the 4th official.