lets try bring back the good old days?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Fortune
is connecting

lets try bring back the good old days?

Post by Fortune »

hi to all you aq2ers out there...ok so this is the first time ive posted a topic on any forum...im not one for chit chat i just like shooting things pretty much all day long...i appreciate this website as i feel its kept aq2 more active...but this is the point im coming to...ive played aq2 roughly about 5 years now...and when i first started playing aq2 it was hugely popular in my opinion and there were aq2 servers for pretty much every country in europe...but all you aq2 veterans and diehards out there must admit aq2 is slowly but surely dying...servers are dissapearing left right and centre...for example da main just recently and not so long back all the boomtown servers (which in my opinion was the heart and soul of aq2...well in my generation anyway)...so im asking no begging people out there who love aq2 maybe as much as i do to try and make new public servers available in denmark especially and a new german server...i was going to buy an aq2 server in the uk but sadly the uk aq2 scene has pretty much dissapeared completely (probably cos i pwned all the uk noobs into submission ;] )...but seriously that uk server i was thinkin of buying was only 20 english pounds a month...to me thats very cheap and surley servers cant be much more expensive in mainland europe (?)...so come on there has to be some people (with money to burn) out there who feel like me and want aq2 to be active forever and ever (to me personally aq2 is the best 'aiming and teamplay' game in the world) so come on ze germans and you danes out there have a heart and lets try bring back the glory days of aq2!
Last edited by Fortune on Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I already have a UK AQ2 server. You can give me the money.
I don't give a shit.
suds
melted

Post by suds »

here here

btw im in london...how do euro people ping to london servers?

i think there is a wireplay one still kicking about. and i have a bf2 clan with server space to burn.

fort come join me on some portugese servers some time

there is one busy one, nfts or something. sort by players you will find it. im not at home now...ill post an ip, i ping better there than at da main
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

b4r.org:27912
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

fuct wrote:b4r.org:27912
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Den wrote:
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

hmm well i asked for a german server soo here it is i hope u will like it and that will be a good sub for damain enjoy!

ip: nixblicka.de

U can say thx to dnb`Scrounger on #dnb.aq2 for setting it up!
but i dont know why it isnt visible over serverbrowser :/
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

bliz wrote:
Den wrote:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
UllDott
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by UllDott »

BeAViS wrote:
bliz wrote:
Den wrote:
SaLsA
was flattened

Post by SaLsA »

UllDott wrote:
BeAViS wrote:
bliz wrote:
Image<",))><
Fortune
is connecting

Post by Fortune »

oh yeh i forgot about the last resort public server but its hardly being used atm but hopefully peeps will read this thread and spread the word...clowneh id be happy to buy a uk server off you but cmon...who the fuck is gonna use it...poox tried a uk server and it was more popular than a 80 year old whore with breasts down to her knee caps and wireplay jeez no comment (and anyways it only allows certain clients)...good work cina thats the spirit...suds dude get in touch with me ill be happy to frag with you some night...i dont have any portugese servers at hand since sapoplay went down...i love the crazy portugese (talented quakers and they play all night long :] ) to be honest i think most of europe ping pretty well to a good uk server but maybe lag has been a problem in the past for some people if the interest is there id be happy to buy a uk server though...clowneh be nice and make a poll in aq2worlds main page and see who would or might use a uk server? (any publicity is good publicity innit westwood! ).
Last edited by Fortune on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

I dont really like slr too high ping i hope ppl will use nixblicka.de! :shock:
m1ndless
was flattened
In-game Name: m1ndless
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor model/speed: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Memory: 16345 MB
Hard drive: Corsiar 120 GB SSD
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI
Monitor: Benq 24"
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei RAW
Keyboard: Steelseries 6Gv2

Post by m1ndless »

I miss Boomtown :(
THIS POST IS FOR SALE
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

ya.. sad about boomtown... but can it be so hard to get some new dannish server up? when tnx went down.. I joined catch-gamer and had alittle chat with a server dude.. who was very helpfull and gave us catch.

dk. server was nice for 2x against those outside of scandinavia.
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

m1ndless wrote:I miss Boomtown :(
jau
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)