Anticheat hashlist for AQ2

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Clown wrote:...(Italians...
SO cute.. he wrote Italians with capital "I"...
:heart:
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Gen
was flattened

Post by Gen »

Clement wrote:I'm warming up my trigger-finger already!
what is it?
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Lets end this then.

You can find all about Anticheat module at http://antiche.at
http://tgt.aq2.org/info is a page where you can find pak with all clean files.
I used:
actn1Ccl.zip
1cCLfix.zip
vwepfix.zip
norse.zip
tgaskins.zip
4colorctfskins.zip
tng_clientpak_2.8.zip

Remember when you put chosen pak into your Action dir make sure pak is loaded last.
Thats why paks name is pak99.pak for EGL and APR and zzz_action_v2.pak.gz for R1Q2.
Loading*.pak is default by this client
*TIP* all paks are loaded in alphabetic order

My two cents...
^stric^
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

i have a problem.
when i try to connect damain with the anticheat, it checks me, it says im ok, and doesnt connect me! harrrrr!
it gives me only a black screen!
:(
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
R3Z3T
saw the light

Post by R3Z3T »

When a anticheat for Linux? :P
Rezet [dW]
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

Better late then never, i've searched for more (or less) files to implement on that .pak and realised:

Repeated: sound\player\death4.wav & sound\player\male\death4.wav

Replace: sound\players\female drown to drown1
Replace: sounds\player\male & sounds\player\female by players\male\*.wav players\female\*.wav with players\sas\*.wav these overlap others

IN: female skins, in order to use player\female sounds :)
IN: models\weapons\g_*\tris.md2 for deathmatch purpose
IN: sound\players\female\bump1.wav ?
IN: sound\players\*\painXX_n.wav quite ambiguous since some maps do call these files and it can be usefull for some sort of general purpose

hope i'm not occuring in any mistake...

and how about having the anticheat-hashes.txt shared? :)
I've god as my lollipop
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

emperphis wrote:Repeated: sound\player\death4.wav & sound\player\male\death4.wav
These two files may have the same contents (they sound the same and are identical in any other way), but they are never the less not the same file. It is only necessary to check sounds palyed by enemiesa nd not those played by player himself , but as I don't know which of those two files is played at what occasion, it's better to leave both in, eh? (at least untill someone enlightens this area a bit) (:
Also, it might be completely unnecessary to check death sounds, because I don't see why anyone would modify sounds to gain advantage over player who is already dead.
emperphis wrote:Replace: sound\players\female drown to drown1
Replace: sounds\player\male & sounds\player\female by players\male\*.wav players\female\*.wav with players\sas\*.wav these overlap others
Eh? Explain.
emperphis wrote:IN: female skins, in order to use player\female sounds :)
Female models (and thus skins) are rarely used nowdays (I personally don't know of any server that uses them either on CWs or public games), so I din't think female skins need to be checked every time I connect to a server with AC.
As for g_models, I can't see someone effectively detecting other players by having modified weapons that lie on the ground.
emperphis wrote:IN: sound\players\*\painXX_n.wav quite ambiguous since some maps do call these files and it can be usefull for some sort of general purpose
Yes, I miss pain sounds in Uncle's .pak too.
emperphis wrote:and how about having the anticheat-hashes.txt shared? :)
I'm sure it will be as soon as it gets some generally approved shape.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge... ...and some just gargle...
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

gegoj wrote:Also, it might be completely unnecessary to check death sounds, because I don't see why anyone would modify sounds to gain advantage over player who is already dead.
Agree with you
gegoj wrote:
emperphis wrote:Replace: sound\players\female drown to drown1
Eh? Explain.
Well I've tried to reproduce female drown (<-spare the jokes) in order to check which file is played, well i couldn't rly get it played :\ but as I said before, if there are any files in (ex.) \sound\player\male and some other complete diferent files under \players\male under the same name, these get played instead of the ones in \sound\player\male
gegoj wrote:
emperphis wrote:IN: female skins, in order to use player\female sounds :)
Female models (and thus skins) are rarely used nowdays (I personally don't know of any server that uses them either on CWs or public games), so I din't think female skins need to be checked every time I connect to a server with AC.
If so, there's rly no need to check female sounds as well.. and i do agree with you in this as well since (and not beeing xenophobous) female models/skins aren't used at all.
gegoj wrote:As for g_models, I can't see someone effectively detecting other players by having modified weapons that lie on the ground.
As said, for DM only what's i'm recalling atm. Nvtl I do rarely play DM so i don't rly know how important this would be, i just imagined someone getting a huge m4/sniper model to better check where it is in the map.
gegoj wrote:Yes, I miss pain sounds in Uncle's .pak too.
I've some of the original quake/mod if required altough it's quite nasty to ear...

As for the hash list, it's better to start by any point, and if required add or delete :) since the topic as come to quite some improvements

ty
I've god as my lollipop
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

k, since no one started or posted anything, i'm the first :)
I went thru the idea expressed above and the paks here suplied, eliminating some files, adding some others from the same original packs. the last couple of lines are in fact personal sounds that i do admit on my serevrs, so feel free to remove them. they start by ' action\sound\doors\dr1_strt.wav c2a13aeca34a572236b8f7a6275d02b756008c84' till the end

Anticheat-Hashes http://www.solidwork.pt/emperphis/anticheat-hashes.txt
I've god as my lollipop
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

it should be like

basic files most common files used
additional files depends on server admin

And remember, too much files aint good

Also, if someone wants to check what files are used at some occasion he can use cvar developer "1" - usefull tho

I forgot to post a link for my hashlist on my simple webby http://tgt.aq2.org/info => HERE

I see you have empty hash for almost every file, that means if client doesnt have that file its ok. hm
For example, R1GL will load skin.tga, skin.png, skin.jpg before loading skin.pcx. If you only have a hash for skin.pcx, any illegal skin.png or skin.jpg file would not be detected. However, another problem then arises - not everyone may be using the hi-res skin pak or whatever provides skin.png, so if you add a hash for skin.png, a client which fails to load skin.png will also be considered a violation. You can fix this by including an all zero hash for files that are OK to be missing, eg if you want to check that skin.png is either version xyz or not used, you would do:

Code: Select all

models/something/skin.png c73f0c65e3d148f1a0d46dfcad2f8090f7285d7a
models/something/skin.png 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
:o
^stric^
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

*TIP* Go INGAME, type developer "1" , using clear,precache and condump cvar for each test you make and then analyze :)
^stric^
emperphis
blew itself up

Post by emperphis »

I've seen that many ppl do like to skip some sound files for some reason, the reason I've places 0 hash for almoust every file is that, I rly wanna give the option for ppl to do not have that file. Altough it's somewhat stupid it might be usefull to some (or none).. doesn't hurt i think :)

Uncle- ex.: if you have players/male/bump1.wav and only checking sound/player/male/bump1.wav a client may use a modified bump1.wav since the one from players/male does get played first

EDIT: it does hurt I might change that meanwhile thx Uncle-
Last edited by emperphis on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I've god as my lollipop
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Call me your valentine call me once tonight