Fusioncity - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

L0ki wrote:
Dragoneye wrote:but critic is allways welcome, i hope i learn something about it... btw this is my first "good" release, made 2 maps back in hmmm 2002? or so and those map sucked alot more than this 1 imo
Good way of perception, go ahead. Map-creation should imo never be a self-purpose but influenced by the players out there. There's no shame in listening to opinions. :wink:

i know what ppl like and dont like, its quite obvious which maps are favourites and which are not if you look at the public servers.
but we dont need another urban or riot lookalike, i think we need some originality. if a mapmaker only listens to the community all maps will look the same and be played the same.
bail{UNi}
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

bail wrote:
L0ki wrote:
Dragoneye wrote:but critic is allways welcome, i hope i learn something about it... btw this is my first "good" release, made 2 maps back in hmmm 2002? or so and those map sucked alot more than this 1 imo
Good way of perception, go ahead. Map-creation should imo never be a self-purpose but influenced by the players out there. There's no shame in listening to opinions. :wink:

i know what ppl like and dont like, its quite obvious which maps are favourites and which are not if you look at the public servers.
but we dont need another urban or riot lookalike, i think we need some originality. if a mapmaker only listens to the community all maps will look the same and be played the same.
I spend some time expressing my point accurately. Please take some time to look at it more closely, Bail. You are twisting my intention.
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

L0ki wrote:
bail wrote:
L0ki wrote: Good way of perception, go ahead. Map-creation should imo never be a self-purpose but influenced by the players out there. There's no shame in listening to opinions. :wink:

I spend some time expressing my point accurately. Please take some time to look at it more closely, Bail. You are twisting my intention.
indeed i am, i just felt like write freely about this subject.
bail{UNi}
Jabu
was flattened

Post by Jabu »

great job, me like :hop:
KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

It looks like a nice map drago, and im glad ppl keep doing maps etc.. but 1 thing.

When u guys make maps, remember the most important detail,
1. we dont play aq2 becouse of the good look in this mod, or something like that, since we like the speed and the feeling, and with that i also mean that maps should be made with some 'feeling'.
Can explain that with 1 example, cliff2: Why does ppl still play it? ofc since it is a so pwnassmap :P, and ofc some hate it, and mostly why ppl hate it is since they suck at it(not all but MANY).

that was just 1 map example, but u get my point, remember to when ur doing a map, its not the looks that matter.
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

KriBBa wrote:Can explain that with 1 example, cliff2: Why does ppl still play it? ofc since it is a so pwnassmap :P
Yes, this is exactly why people play this map.
I don't give a shit.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

That surely is top class explanation :P
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

An explanation that applies to every map out there?
"People play this map because they are good at it, other people don't like playing it because they are not good at it"
I don't give a shit.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

looks kind of ok, but knowing myself, i probably wont download it and test.. only looked at the screens as always;)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo