desethouse - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Prinsii
was in the wrong place

Post by Prinsii »

Ditto Caracol. :wee:
Love is the only solution.
HcPeura
was flattened
In-game Name: Memoria

Post by HcPeura »

Sure mate, whaeva yo says imma do it. :rambo: lol :p nn
[e] Memoria #extacy
Snake
sank like a rock

Post by Snake »

Woho this is some great stuff! Keep'em coming! :rambo:
Lot's of 'easy to perform, still quick and usefull' jumps and easy access spots.
Me likes it, moaar! :lol:

8)
« New Order Clan » proud lifetime member, karasu.01
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

NRGizeR wrote:That's another reason why I don't like mixes that much, it's like stealing :) (please, no flames, it's an exhagguration :D)
HcPeura wrote:bunnyboy mentioned something about stealing :] he stole what? Cant see none stolen shiz
To clarify, since it apparently didn't strike home with everyone :) I'm not that fond of mixes, and with mixes I mean two (or more) maps mixed together to the extent that you can still see which two maps are mixed. And that the individual styles of the two (or more) maps have also been retained. As for mixing terrain, city, mines, space, or whatever, I don't have an opinion, that depends solely on the map.

And also to clearify, by stealing, (as I said, a grave exhagguration, but I couldn't think of a better word) I just ment that the style of wiz and flunx is imitated to the extent that dhouse could almost pass for a (early) Flunx or wiz production. That's what I meant, imo maps should reflect the style of the mapper that made it, not the style of the mapper/map that was the inspiration for the map in question.. (whew, that last sentence was messy :P) Everyone clear on this now? :D
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Of course NRGizeR, we understand you don't like urban-jungle maps, because it exaggerates the mix to an extent seen before in old maps of old mappers mapping with their own map-styles. And dunno about stealing, but in theist.bsp it worked pretty well, it's all about the triggers.

PS: Awesome. This is awesome!
Ne quid nimis.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Why not making mixes if it's successful? Mixing two good (types of) maps can mean either success or failure. And for this one it looks like it's a success since many do like it.
Quite some maps have their own originality, and I appreciate that over copying too, but most of those aren't played much. Clanwar maps fit in much better so I think it's pretty cool making such maps, they at least get played.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Ok, ok, one thing is making a good map getting inspiration and -why not- succesful features of other maps. But the other one is just ripping the bloody palms off, if you know where I'm aiming at.

Anyway, we are a decaying scene buying yesterday's bread cause, you know, it's bread, isn't it?
Ne quid nimis.